I feel bad for the idols who joined SM in the last 10 years

• They all signed on to F(x), SNSD, TVXQ and SuperJunior being their future but there was this weird switch.

It was even before the management change, so i cant even blame that. It feels like their goal as a company, their goal in music was different suddenly and i feel bad for the idols who watched these other groups be trained, managed and marketed so well day in and day out only for their own reality to be so different.

Suddenly it wasnt about the group making music and having fun being performers… they were suddenly politicians and selling Korea. Its suddenly so different and frankly worse

Seeing everything with Joy just makes so much sense. She must have loved her time in SM at one point, had so many dreams and then they just kept dwindling what they fed her and her group until it was clear that they were gearing up to just turn them into a portrait on the wall. Another group on indefinite hiatus to help boost the resume of “long lasting idol careers” yeah f*cking right. Good luck to every group member who isnt another Taeyeon, Irene or Karina because SM is just milking your talents to boost their future careers.

And word to the wise, if you are as beautiful as Irene, you better smile and act like a “lady” or theyll cut you off just the same

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• Considering how YG treated 2ne1 (and how they continue to treat blackpink), I can't imagine wanting to be a female idol at that agency. At least SM actually gives their girl groups comebacks and activities. SM is not perfect by any means but if I was going to go through the entire process of being a trainee, I would want to do it at an agency where I know I can continue to develop my skills and actually have group activities.

• What’s the difference between TVXQ, SUJU, FX and today? Lawsuits, members leaving and people moving on has always been a part of SM.

Nothing really changed once you’re established or older you just find other things.

FX : less said the better they’re all doing their own things/left the company

TVXQ : left the company with lawsuit even sooner than any rv member left

SSND : had a member leaving scandal way back + members leaving sm and being in other companies

Shinee : members left as well

So like this is how it’s always been.

• The truth is that it's just too many kpop idols that want everything and be big stars. It's just not possible. The market is not big enough to have every member of every group becoming big solo artists.

And with SME the problem is probably that Girls' Generation has been going on for a long time and have taken up a lot of space for any new girlgroups.

• The group hiatus for Red Velvet doesn’t sound right tho! They have decent amount of cbs!

But they are very poorly promoted and managed hence the mistreatment(it is not exclusive to RV btw)

And after LSM left SM more senior artists who were loyal to LSM also left! Even when SM was bad LSM kept that SM family under his umbrella!

And SM might not give their idols what they want, hence they leave!

One example- Taemin! He really wanted to go solo World Tour, but SM in his entire 10 years of solo activities didn’t give him a concert outside of Japan and SK! Also he wanted more creative freedom and other things, which SM couldn’t do, so he left SM for his solo endeavours!

SM is no way a good company, and should pay for its crimes and wrongdoings, but they give their idols very good training, and music!

• I’ve just caught up on the Joy news :!: to answer the op I think all companies are like this, well the big 3/4 anyways :/ Giving this false sense of hope based on past groups/ idols only to be currently disappointed.

I think Joy leaving isn’t all that surprising considering she’s been very vocal recently with how unhappy she is with SM marketing or lack there of for Red Velvet’s comebacks even as recent as Cosmic. Both Joy and Yeri talking about their annoyance with SM and the lack of effort they put in for them :oops:

I think good on Joy :finger-heart: she’s given 10 years of her life to SM not including pre debut years people can’t blame her for wanting to move on and explore her opportunities :oops: I’m sure she’s leaving in good terms too and people are pointing out she’s leaving SM but still apart of RV :melon_think:

• I place these 4 companies in 3 different categories:

JYP: knowing how to keep people together (as group) regardless of the result

Hybe: the best in marketing and promotion, lot of financial resources

YG: personal development, they promotes individualism even in a group.

SM: Where you can develop your singing skills as an artist

• Considering how YG treated 2ne1 (and how they continue to treat blackpink), I can't imagine wanting to be a female idol at that agency. At least SM actually gives their girl groups comebacks and activities. SM is not perfect by any means but if I was going to go through the entire process of being a trainee, I would want to do it at an agency where I know I can continue to develop my skills and actually have group activities.

I agree but SM chooses who and when to promote them well or not. They give their idols regular comebacks and all that but they also control their growth. Look at how SM has promoted RV since they renewed their contracts. They stopped giving them full albums, gave them shitty promotions for their comebacks, downsized their concert venues and reduced their concert dates.

Imagine a full RV doing a fan con around Asia instead of doing full concert tours in good sizable venues around Asia and the West.

That's the problem with SM.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm telling ya with MHJ at the helm SM would've gone band for band with HYBE, plus they would also have newjeans who's is one of HYBE's biggest cash cows

MHJ didn't have the power to do that in SM that's why she left. SM is too big with huger standards for her to do that unless she does it in a sublable under SM.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• One of the worst things is also the top middle to lower middle companies who got bought by other companies. As example RBW Entertainment and Hybe Labels bought a bunch companies over the years and it often ended up being quit awfull

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I feel bad for the idols who've joined any Kpop company, because they all suck. Company stanning is a bizarre phenomenon that needs to be studied, because it's a gratuitous form of tribalism where you're choosing one flaming pile of shit over all the other flaming piles of shit.

lil bro how did u get ur account locked? thats crazy

ᴏɴ ʜɪᴀᴛᴜꜱ

ɪᴠᴇ ᴛxᴛ ᴛᴡɪᴄᴇ ᴇɴʜʏᴘᴇɴ ᴛʀɪᴘʟᴇꜱ

2a806ffe9815a47ac4e5534b70069637ce97908b.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!