Top 50 Idol songs in Korea for the last Five years.

• A korean poster did most of the legwork on this, but it's basically a collection of Idol songs that managed to make the top 50 end of year on the digital Circle Chart.

I think it kinda gives an interesting perspective on the industry as a whole. The Creator purposefully did not include Solos.

2018 top 50 Idol songs

1. Ikon - Love Scenario

5. Momoland - Boom Boom

6. Blackpink - Ddu Du Ddu Du

12. Mamamoo - Starry Night

16. BTS - DNA

18. BTS - Fake Love

19. BTS - 봄날

20. Twice - Dance The Night Away

21. BigBang - Flower Road

26. Twice - What is Love?

28. BtoB - Missing You

30. Red Velvet - Bad Boy

32. BlackPink - Forever Young

33. Wanna One - Beautiful

34. Twice - Heart Shaker

35. GFriend - Time for the Moon Night

36. Wanna One - Energetic

43. Apink - I'm So Sick

44. EXO - Universe

45. BtoB - Only One for Me

49. Mamamoo - Egotistic

21 Songs

11 GG

10 BG

2019 TOP 50 Idol songs

3. BTS - Boy With Luv

13. N.Flying - Rooftop

14. ITZY - Dalla Dalla

28. Twice - Fancy

36. BTS - Spring Day

37. BTS - IDOL

43. BlackPink - Kill This Love

48. Twice - YES or YES

49. EXO - Love Shot

9 Songs

4 GG

5 BG

2020 Top 50 Idol Songs

9. BTS - Boy With Luv

10. Red Velvet - Psycho

12. BTS - Dynamite

15. BlackPink - How You Like That

16. OMG - Nonstop

17. BTS - ON

24. OMG - Dolphin

30. Mamamoo - HIP

34. BTS - Spring Day

35. BTS - Black Swan

47. IZ*One - FIESTA

48. Apink - Dumhdurum

12 Songs

7 GG

5 BG

2021 Top 50 Idol Songs

2. Brave Girls - Rolling

3. BTS - Dynamite

4. Aespa - Next Level

8. BTS - Butter

14. BlackPink - Lovesick Girls

17. Brave girls - We Ride

18. OMG - Dun Dun Dance

25. BTS - Life Goes On

29. BTS - Boy With Luv

30. StayC - ASAP

36. Oh My Girl - Dolphin

38. BTS - Permission to Dance

12 Songs

7 GG

5 BG

2022 Top 50 Idol Songs

1. IVE - Love Dive

2. (G)I-DLE - Tomboy

6. IVE - Eleven

7. BigBang - Still Life

14. Red Velvet - Feel My Rhythm

15. NewJeans - Hype Boy

17. NewJeans - Attention

18. IVE - After LIKE

22. AESPA - Next Level

30. BTS - Dynamite

34. Le Sserafim - Fearless

35. BTS - Butter

36. BlackPink - Pink Venom

46. BTS - Permission to Dance

50. Got The Beat - Step Back

15 Songs

11 GG

4 BG

• Love Dive is that bitch

kpopcolorz — IVE LOVE DIVE

Also, wonder if I AM will take No.1 this year

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• For Melon streams won't matter, ULs will and also OP is talking about the Circle Chart! But I AM could definitely pass Ditto, not impossible, but just unlikely

• I'm not sure about OP's list, but will Ditto count in the 2023 list according to OP since it is technically a year end 2022 release?

Oh mhm... I think for the 2023 list itself it will count but only with the digital points it accumulated this calendar year? For award shows I assume all points it has accumulated will be counted

• So basically up to 2018 BGs used to have footprint in Korea

After the death of kpop (which happens in all cross gen periods, 2013-2015 were also pretty dry for kpop groups compared to the years before) girlgorups managed to comeback with a very strong 2022, but BGs sadly didn't

With BTS hiatus, Bigbang disbandment and even hyped BGs like EXO and BtoB falling to deliver hits I believe no BG song will chart next year

After the death of kpop (which happens in all cross gen periods, 2013-2015 were also pretty dry for kpop groups compared to the years before) girlgorups managed to comeback with a very strong 2022, but BGs sadly didn't

With BTS hiatus, Bigbang disbandment and even hyped BGs like EXO and BtoB falling to deliver hits I believe no BG song will chart next year

Unsure about this.

Seventeen has had a pretty decent year in 2023, Same goes for NCT Dream

• My main issue with this way of ranking songs is that release timing and tracking period is not really accounted for.

For instance, HIP was released in November 2019. Too late to have a huge impact on the 2019 rankings but early enough for a huge chunk of its initial digital point accumulation excluded from the 2020 ranking.

I'm not sure what a solution would be, to capture both peak and long term value for each song, whether it's a combination of peak weekly digital score or highest monthly average, but the more inclusive the data the better!

I’m pretty sure txt and 17 will continue to chart why do you think no. I think it’s actually upwards now for BG’s. 2021-22 was imo the lowest but now it’s going up and will continue to go up.

• I’m pretty sure txt and 17 will continue to chart why do you think no. I think it’s actually upwards now for BG’s. 2021-22 was imo the lowest but now it’s going up and will continue to go up.

Seventeen will start their enlistment era soon. I think they will chart just not as well as they are now

TxT chart performance is not that good tbh. Sugar Rush Ride is at 86 in mid year chart and is already out of the top 200 with only 108 million points. It started strong but dropped very quickly. I believe NCT ISTJ has a shot to do better than Sugar Rush Ride long-term

Maybe Zerobaseone can release a mid tier hit. In Bloom flopped, but for a BG standard it did fairly well. Must be stable in the top 100 until their next comeback (which will probably be before the year ends)

Day6 will return and slay.

Like in the entire JYPE (I know the bar isn't high but whatever), they are the 2nd and 5th highest digital index points and that is with a 2019 and 2017 release

;judgingpepe:;judgingpepe:

Imagine their power when they have an actual comeback in 2024

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My main issue with this way of ranking songs is that release timing and tracking period is not really accounted for.

For instance, HIP was released in November 2019. Too late to have a huge impact on the 2019 rankings but early enough for a huge chunk of its initial digital point accumulation excluded from the 2020 ranking.

I'm not sure what a solution would be, to capture both peak and long term value for each song, whether it's a combination of peak weekly digital score or highest monthly average, but the more inclusive the data the better!

These are calendar year charts, so nothing can be done. If the song has longevity, it can still chart well the following year. Good example is Lovesick Girls. It was released Oct 2020 but charted top15 in 2021

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!