NewJeans vs Aespa for #1 spot, IVE vs Le Sserafim for #2 in 4thgen GG hierachy

• I should've listened to everyone when they said that aespa is the GG that will compete against NJ

Those are the only 2 GGs that can reach national and international success like 3rd gen GGs did

IVE is extremely successful too, but they are more appealing to asian fans

And Le Sserafim will be fighting against them for the #2 spot

˙✧˖°🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖° 🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖ Oh, you make my heart melt away˙✧˖° 🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖° 🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖

• Catgirl

Changed the title of the thread from “NewJeans and aespa will be competing for #1 spot, while IVE and Le Sserafim will be chasing #2” to “NewJeans&aespa fighting for #1 spot, IVE&Le Sserafim chasing #2 in 4thgen GG hierachy”.
  • Catgirl

Changed the title of the thread from “NewJeans&aespa fighting for #1 spot, IVE&Le Sserafim chasing #2 in 4thgen GG hierachy” to “NewJeans vs Aespa for #1 spot, IVE vs Le Sserafim for #2 in 4thgen GG hierachy”.
  • Aespa is nowhere capable of challenging newjeans' for that #1 position

You sure? Aespas individual member popularity seems to be way stronger than NJs. Everyone in SK is apparently simping for either Winter or Karina and NingNing is trending everywhere as the Versace hot girl.

˙✧˖°🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖° 🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖ Oh, you make my heart melt away˙✧˖° 🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖° 🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖

• Aespa is nowhere capable of challenging newjeans' for that #1 position

Also, their album sales are high too, and their recent songs were trending a lot, went viral and got a positive reaction

• aespa vs NJ kinda reminds me of Twice and BP, NewJeans being similar to BP with more international popularity, meanwhile Twice/aespa has a lot of asian fans who solo-stan

• The Ive downplay when they are the best selling 4th gen gg and #2 overall, had way more hits than Aespa and Wonyoung is the it girl of this gen...

Let's just wait a little more, it's not like ggs nowadays can sustain their #1 spot that much anyways.

I think Idle also enters this top positions with their hits, and great album sales.

Recent bias won't make difference when in one year we have no idea who will be topping the charts.

With no order the top ggs of this gen are Aespa, Ive, NJ, Idle, LSF.

𝕃𝕚𝕤𝕒 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝔹𝕃𝔸ℂ𝕂ℙ𝕀ℕ𝕂

• The Ive downplay when they are the best selling 4th gen gg and #2 overall, had way more hits than Aespa and Wonyoung is the it girl of this gen...

Let's just wait a little more, it's not like ggs nowadays can sustain their #1 spot that much anyways.

I think Idle also enters this top positions with their hits, and great album sales.

Recent bias won't make difference when in one year we have no idea who will be topping the charts.

Being the best selling 4th gen GG, having one of the most successful world tours among their peers, and winning awards + multiple charting accolades without the big 4 privilege

All these doesn't mean SHIT if you peak at No.2 it just shows that you are LOUSY

USELESS

FLOP

EMBARRASSING

If it was me I wouldn't dare show my face to the world. Imagine having such a shitty career and achieving absolutely nothing I could never

• it just seems like ppl arent talking abt them as much, they dont rlly seem to have a big international fanbase and ever since Love Dive/After Like their songs didn't go viral or trend

• Stop forcing the aespa narratives. It'll just bring them hate. This is not a competition. Their first big hit in 3 years and suddenly you're comparing them to Twice and BP, while putting them on NJ's level? Yeah, stop.

Honestly not too sure abt Le Sserafim, they really gotta have a successful next comeback or SK is abandoning them I fear

NJ is still the biggest 4th gen GG, some of y’all are just biased

The way I have been saying that all the time and ppl started calling me and other delusional tokkis and now that I am for once questioning if NJ is the only GG that can reach #1 I am being called biased :skull:

• it just seems like ppl arent talking abt them as much, they dont rlly seem to have a big international fanbase and ever since Love Dive/After Like their songs didn't go viral or trend

Like I said

It's because they are FLOPPING

No one gives two shits about them. The bots are attending their concerts. Their poor ass company couldn't afford the payola to get their numbers boosted through the international space imagine supposedly earning coin but being unable to pay for privileges SO EMBARRASSING

:pepe-joy:

I could never

• Stop forcing the aespa narratives. It'll just bring them hate. This is not a competition. Their first big hit in 3 years and suddenly you're comparing them to Twice and BP, while putting them on NJ's level? Yeah, stop.

Their members have been popular all the time, just the songs missed.

Yea, the BP and Twice comparison was lame

But still, no matter what you say, you're never right. Call NJ only #1: delusional. Call NJ not only #1: delusional

:holding-back-tears:

Well Spicy is doing pretty well for a non hit song

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I wonder what will be your face in 50 days when spicy and I AM will surpass OMG as the longest 2023 Songs

Considering that you keep saying that OMG is a hit and not spicy

It will be fun to see a hit get out lasted by a non hit in the charts

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• Ive being only appealing to asian fans when they sold out all of their concerts in us, latam and europe ijbol

I think I said mainly. If not, I'm gonna say it now. Mainly

But y'all can shit on me, I don't really keep up with too much numbers so this thread is based on what I heard and what I've seen

One thing is sure tho, IVE is the GG ppl love to shit on the most

• Ppl used to talk about loona all the time and at the end they were never even considered a top gg lol

Okay, but most of the Loona talk was negative and because Orbits are toxic, not because of their good songs or popular members

• It's just not a valid comparison. The overall metrics aren't remotely close. And for the last two years, NewJeans was light years ahead of them.

They have more career Spotify streams than aespa and IVE combined, and today they're still the most streamed girl group on the platform even after the drama.

It's no different in Korea either.

One big hit song after 3 years doesn't suddenly move aespa into NJ territory.

• It's because US Latam and Europe are all in Asia like do you even know your geography?

This is so embarrassing for your life and soul

Ok alr stop making fun of me ;(;(;(

• Honestly not too sure abt Le Sserafim, they really gotta have a successful next comeback or SK is abandoning them I fear

They'll do fine, Hybe has enough money to spend on Spotify to make them get NJ debut year numbers and international fans don't care about the scandal, Korean gp too. They just don't need to sing live and they'll do fine.

And LSF also had ww hits if you want to count NL by Aespa as one tbh. In the World Cup LSF song went viral viral ww and they had another bside too that went viral.

Overall NJ are still #1 bc of their past numbers, next year we'll see a more clear situation with the groups cbs, touring, album sales etc.

𝕃𝕚𝕤𝕒 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝔹𝕃𝔸ℂ𝕂ℙ𝕀ℕ𝕂

• *2 hit songs. Supernova and Drama

What annoys me is that ADOR didn't really find a way to promote NJ members individually. All that long time from Get Up to How Sweet should've been used for that. Now we know it could've been bc of HYBE, but MHJ seems to make a lot of mistakes in promotions. Sure, she also does a lot of things right. But look at the wasted potential of Right now. The songs structure is very similar to Super Shy, and they could've turned it into Super Shy 2.0 with the right choreo and promotion. It should've been Right Now + How Sweet and Bubble Gum + Supernatural. Bubble Gums aesthetic fits a Japanese debut way more.

Also, ADOR isn't using Hyeins potential at all. She looks like a goddamn MODEL. The only GG member that can compete with Wonyoung as 4th gens best model-like-idol. Why is she not being promoted????

Aespa seems to step up on the individual member promotion game way better.

• Ppl used to talk about loona all the time and at the end they were never even considered a top gg lol

Probably because loona never had the numbers to back them up

In contrary of aespa

Nj vs aespa??? Im not even sure theres an argument for aespa vs IVE. They released one hit song in like 3 years and they are only popular because of Karina. You could replace Giselle or Ningning with a backup dancer and no one would notice

Lmaoo one hit song

SPICY is literally showing a longevity as good than I AM in the chart

And the song peak at #1 on melon

Spicy have both a good peak and a good longevity

It's a hit, the way you are all trying to push the it's not a hit narrative because it doesn't fit your fake little fairytale of aespa having their first hit in a year

Yeah like you could replace liz, rei, gaeul or leeseo by literally anybody and nobody would care

At least the 2 least popular members are still a billion times more popular than ive least popular member

Who were only added to the group because Starship knew that they couldn't just put wonyoung still in a stage for 2 hours of concert

It they could they wouldn't even need more than half of the group

And yeah Supernova is maybe the first massive hit aespa got since next level

But doesn't change the fact that for the past 2 comeback they left IVE in the mud in term of international charting

And have surpass IVE in term of korean charting

Drama is doing much much much better than the 3 title track ive dropped with baddie, off the record and either way

+ Supernova have completely outcharted Heya

And Armaggeddon is doing much better than Ascendio which wasn't even able to break into the top 10

So stay cute and silent

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• Stop it. I feel no sense of competitiveness towards aespa, because the numbers show they're clearly out classed. I know they're your life but don't be so predictable.

They'll survive just fine as the third or fourth most popular girl group of their era, because I'm not putting them ahead of IVE either.

Spicy is nowhere close to the biggest hit songs from NJ or IVE, and I don't know why you keep bringing it up.

aespa has two genuinely huge hit songs--Next Level and Supernova.

• United States of Asian ;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(

Also SEA + Middle east + India is missing

• I'd really like to understand the narrative tha LE SSERAFIM is fighting for the #2 spot.

They are away behind NewJeans, IVE, (G)I-DLE, aespa in terms of domestic charting

They've sold 4.5M, so they are away behind IVE (8.8M), NewJeans (7.5M), aespa (7M) in terms of physical sales. Behind (G)I-DLE too to a less extent, but the gap might become bigger since the later is selling more per album so far.

Their last "world tour" was focused on Asia and only small venues, so their stats are away behind IVE and aespa from the groups that started touring so far.

The only thing they have to put up a fight is their Spotify streams.

In my opinion, so far, they are a comfortable #5, unless they have a big era and things become more spicy in the future.

• I mean, Spicy feels like a hit song compared to Girls :skull:

• Relax. ADOR doesn't want a Karina or Wonyoung/Yujin situation where one or two members are vastly more popular than the others and it becomes a "______ and friends" situation. The NewJeans brand itself is huge, bigger than any individual or group amongst their peers, and the girls themselves trend all the time. Both Hanni and Minji got two JAPANESE songs they covered at their fanmeeting to enter the KOREAN real time charts. That's how impactful they are.

Exhale. NewJeans are still in a class of their own.

• I would like to argue that Perfect Night + Easy seems to be bigger hits than (G)-IDLEs latest songs on the charts tho

• So stay cute and silent

That was you after Aespa couldn't had another massive hit like NL, you stayed cute and silent then Supernova happened and you are loud again :meme-happy-cry:

In the end overall Ive has better numbers than Aespa for now. Let Ive underperform a little like you let Aespa do and still act like suddenly every song after NL was a hit while NL was a huge hit...

𝕃𝕚𝕤𝕒 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝔹𝕃𝔸ℂ𝕂ℙ𝕀ℕ𝕂

• United States of Asian ;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(

Also SEA + Middle east + India is missing

IVE don't care about SEA because they don't even can afford the SEA bots

Middle East is irrelevant for IVE because they are a bottom tier group so Bottom East is more relevant

India is suffering from overpopulation they have enough troubles of their own

• This thread contains 310 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!