This news about Rose has resulted in some buttnuggets posting nonsense about Somi flopping.

• Folks wanna troll and say Teddy gonna ruin Rose like he ruined Somi...

WUT????

Ruined Somi?

Unless someone can show me otherwise, Somi is the ONLY Kpop soloist outside of Taeyeon and Jennie that has TWO singles in the top 8 of Gaon Digital charts since 2021. Dumb reached 8, Fast reached 5. Every other Kpop soloist only has ONE song in the top 10 or none (Nayeon, Jihyo, Wendy, Seulgi, Joy, Lisa, Jisoo, Hwasa, Wheein, Solar, Moonbyul, Yooa, Yuzu or whoever from Gfriend, Yena, Eunbi, Yuri, Miyeon, Chaeyeon, Soyeon, Yuqi, Sunmi, Chungha, Sejeong, etc) in the time frame.

Somi is literally the third most popular Kpop soloist in the past three years. With all her endorsement deals and variety show popularity, she will never want for money or fame in her lifetime.

As for Rose, it seems the contract is a management deal not an exclusive music contract. Teddy wont have to be the main producer, maybe he wont even produce at all, Rose will be free to work with whomever. Teddy will be a manager/agent type getting a commission, not a typical KPOP CEO overlord type micromanaging every ounce of Rose's business.

• I think it's because there are people that stan kpop idols for the music primarily and those that stan them for other things other than the music

it is not an understatement to say that Somi (and BP and Rosé) have not produced the quantity of music desired by some fans

• Somi is literally the third most popular Kpop soloist in the past three years. With all her endorsement deals and variety show popularity, she will never want for money or fame in her lifetime.

She may have money and fame, but she ain't getting any comebacks

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• "Unless someone can show me otherwise, Somi is the ONLY Kpop soloist outside of Taeyeon and Jennie that has TWO singles in the top 8 of Gaon Digital charts since 2021."

Are we excluding male soloists here?

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

• let's leave this convo to the girls.. :danceb:

• OP said kpop soloist, not btspop

• someone sounds more butthurt. anyways it was a joke. OP obviously is limiting it to female kpop idols, otherwise he wouldn't have left out IU.

More butthurt than you are about BTS, that would be tough seeing how my reply was a mere stating of facts and yours was a pressed af unneeded response from a bitter anti.

OT- I do not think OP considers IU a Kpop idol but he can clarify himself since my post was directed at him and not you.

• More butthurt than you are about BTS, that would be tough seeing how my reply was a mere stating of facts and yours was a pressed af unneeded response from a bitter anti.

OT- I do not think OP considers IU a Kpop idol but he can clarify himself since my post was directed at him and not you.

Yeah, I wouldnt consider IU a Kpop soloist in this context, i was thinking more along the lines of idol soloists who were/are from a Kpop group.

I was thinking about expanding the scope of my Somi chest thumping by including male idols as well but i forgot about pesky little Jungkook ruining my perfectly crafted narrative :pepe-hips:

• Yeah, I wouldnt consider IU a Kpop soloist in this context, i was thinking more along the lines of idol soloists who were/are from a Kpop group.

I was thinking about expanding the scope of my Somi chest thumping by including male idols as well but i forgot about pesky little Jungkook ruining my perfectly crafted narrative :pepe-hips:

I knew you forgot him :-P

• maybe we'll get more music from Rose than Somi?

Unless "management contract" means something different than what i think it means, nothing from the little press release indicates that Rose would be restricted to only Teddy produced songs. In fact, the press release from TBL that i saw specifically mentioned third party producers/labels for her music.

I still think this is a Western style management deal (both Teddy and Rose grew up in the West) where Teddy advises and promotes Rose for a commission/percentage. Rose being the one that will ultimately make the final decision on things like music direction, etc.

• Keep in mind that all the TBL artists except for Somi are almost completely self-produced (and Somi has plenty of credits as well). Given that Rose has the experience, she would be responsible for her own music output.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!