WAYV got hate by knetz for performing in Chinese in Korean Music Shows

• I don't think they are against WayV as a group, but more against the fact that they promote the Chinese language, since the relation between China and SK is pretty unstable. Also, Chinese people keep attacking Koreans and say that they basically own lots of elements from SK' culture.

So it's pretty normal for people to be angry at them, after being insulted several times. They are a way to attack chinese, as they were attacked.

• Makes sense I guess. China and Korea don't have the best relations right now. After the past incidents of China trying to claim Korean culture as theirs and even cancelling their celebrities for inane things, Koreans don't have the best feelings towards anything Chinese.

• But I do have a doubt here.

Wasn't WayV created to promote in China? Did their plans changed and now they are active both in China and S.K.?

And if they are active in S.K. why are they performing a chinese song when this was obviously made to their China promotion? If someone not being rude answer me I'm gonna be grateful!

• Official Post

But I do have a doubt here.

Wasn't WayV created to promote in China? Did their plans changed and now they are active both in China and S.K.?

And if they are active in S.K. why are they performing a chinese song when this was obviously made to their China promotion? If someone not being rude answer me I'm gonna be grateful!

They are primarily aimed at China, but have also been promoting regularly in Korea since 2019. This is the third comeback they've promoted in Korea and they do perform the song in both Mandarin and Korean depending on the music show and have appeared on a few Korean YouTube variety shows. They've also performed in their own stage at MAMA 2019 (in Mandarin) and had a solo performance in Mandarin during NCT's 2020 MAMA stage. They also have their own Seezn variety show called WayVision where they switch back and forth between Chinese and Korean.

They've also promoted a fully English song (Bad Alive) last year on Korean music shows.

• They are primarily aimed at China, but have also been promoting regularly in Korea since 2019. This is the third comeback they've promoted in Korea and they do perform the song in both Mandarin and Korean depending on the music show and have appeared on a few Korean YouTube variety shows. They've also performed in their own stage at MAMA 2019 (in Mandarin) and had a solo performance in Mandarin during NCT's 2020 MAMA stage. They also have their own Seezn variety show called WayVision where they switch back and forth between Chinese and Korean.

They've also promoted a fully English song (Bad Alive) last year on Korean music shows.

Thanks for your explanation. Despite me loving them i don't really know much about their promotions.

• Official Post

Thanks for your explanation. Despite me loving them i don't really know much about their promotions.

No problem. COVID has obviously caused problems for them too. I think they've always spent a majority of their time in Korea anyway unless they were promoting (at least it seems that way since all their dance practices are filmed in SM's practice room) and when the travel stopped they sort of had to stay in Korea and make the best of it.

• The netizen trying to provide some wacky reasoning to justify this nonsense by saying that it is okay to sing in English because english is an international language is just funny to me.

By their logic korean groups like bts blackpink or superm shouldnt be going on american shows singing in korean neither then.

That's not the reason, you have to be Asian or live in asia to understand this problem. Its a nationalist, ethnic problem. For many generations it was koreans and chinese didn't like one another much, this was mainly due to huge cultural differences in the past. Most of the issues have been smoothed over the current issue is purely political. You see China is basically North Korea just Rich, they brainwash the people, have them say / promote bs fluff pieces about the CCP. The nation also heavily censors everything also bans kpop and other things Korean. China activity uses cultural appropriation Real cultural appropriation not the bs westerners cry about. They have publicly tried to rewrite history to reflect everything from kimchi to kpop to honbok etc is chinese and have gotten a good amount of the people there to believe it. The government often has problems with Korea. Oh and the censorship is soo strong that Wayv would never actually promote in China, if any of the members shared any world view that doesn't put China in first place they would get cancelled in china and if they are in the country at the time, even be arrested or punish their family and friends. This is why Jackson and lay got so much hate for promoting the government and police during the hongkong riots, despite knowing the truth and having the privilege to live somewhere where you are free ie Korea, they still promoted the police. Why? Because if they didn't they would have been sent to prison just look at the most famous chinese people that didn't do something favorful for the government see what happened fa bing bing and jack ma being some of the recent ones.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!