Is WayV really a Cpop group?

• I have to use a comparison to NiziU, because both of them are ''localized'' groups by their respective companies. While NiziU has none korean promotions and do all of their stuff in Japan, I barely see WayV performing in China. Or am I wrong here? Why are they are just promoting in Korea when they are supposedly a localized SM group for China? So the question begs: Are they really a Cpop group? Because to me, they look more like a Kpop group. Their comeback is performed in korean shows, not chinese.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• tbh at this point, I wish SM would just make them a regular NCT subunit that promotes solely in korea. I don't see the point of them continuing to try in china/taiwan with all the roadblocks there are.

answering your question though, yes they are technically a cpop group cause that is supposed to be their distinguishing factor as a nct subunit. It's complicated cause of covid.

• As of now I consider them Chinese language kpop. Like I get with COVID that they had to pretty much had to stay in Korea and make the most of it, but after Resonance I feel like it has boosted their Korean fanbase quite a lot.

Lucas and Winwin are in China right now for something (the M Countdown stage was prerecorded) so they are still promoting to an extent in China. It's just hard to move their whole team back and forth right now.

But don't they have a sub-office in China called Label V? Why don't SM let the boys stay in China and promote there? JYP NiziU is handled by Sony Japan, and they have facilities for the girls.

• But don't they have a sub-office in China called Label V? Why don't SM let the boys stay in China and promote there? JYP NiziU is handled by Sony Japan, and they have facilities for the girls.

During the covid pandemic, SM took them out from China. They did the right thing coz they didn't know the extent the covid pandemic will affect everyone. If China was on total lockdown, or they have to do the 2 weeks quarantine thing if they go to any country, NCT 2020 wouldn't have happened. Some members are not Chinese so going in and out of China during the pandemic is a hassle visa issues and stuff

• no I'm talking about wayv. I'm one of the few nct fans who wanted dream to have a graduation concept and rotate in new trainees that way

They will waste their huge fanbase for nothing, there are no groups to rotate in, do you expect all korean members to get added to 127? Soon 127 will have like 20 members lmao. Dream got to huge on their own, without SM's promotions to go to waste and SM saw it, they never expected them to get this big.

• They will waste their huge fanbase for nothing, there are no groups to rotate in, do you expect all korean members to get added to 127? Soon 127 will have like 20 members lmao. Dream got to huge on their own, without SM's promotions to go to waste and SM saw it, they never expected them to get this big.

There’s no groups to rotate in currently, but there have been rumors of a new unit since last year March/April. Haechan said Dream members would join a new unit soon during their Beyond Live concert but apparently that got delayed A LOT.

Last thing SM said about the unit was that it would be large. It’s possible it could be 5 Dream members not in 127 + Shotaro and Sungchan, and probably 1/2 more to make 9 (like 127). Or they could even stop at 7, who knows.

• There’s no groups to rotate in currently, but there have been rumors of a new unit since last year March/April. Haechan said Dream members would join a new unit soon during their Beyond Live concert but apparently that got delayed A LOT.

Last thing SM said about the unit was that it would be large. It’s possible it could be 5 Dream members not in 127 + Shotaro and Sungchan, and probably 1/2 more to make 9 (like 127). Or they could even stop at 7, who knows.

I'm pretty sure both Sungchan and Shotaru will debut in a japanese unit with new trainees, NCT's concept isn't to debut limitless korean units but to expand in other countries, there is no way SM would be able to successfully debut Dream members in a japanese unit (lets not speak 2/5 are chinese) after promoting them forever in Korea, their korean fans will riot.

The plan is 100% gone and buried (like most SM's plans), the members are going for 5 years in a few months, is gonna be hard if not impossible to rebrand them in another unit, is to late for that.

• they're a chinese speaking kpop group. they had to be isolated and distanced from NCT because of the kpop ban in China but Covid most probably messed their plans up. they actually live in Korea so it was basically impossible for them to keep traveling back and forth to promote in China.

i really wish they'd get the recognition they deserve in China </3

• I think they are a Cpop group focused on the international market, promoting in Korea gives more global visibility than promoting in China, for example

• Knowing K-Pop is an industry which their elements are not only the language they sign in, I consider them both; C-Pop group because their releases are mainly on mandarin and it's suppossed to be their target market and K-Pop because they have the training and musical elements and approach from K-Pop companies, not to mention they are a subunit of a K-Pop group and brand.

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!