Is Aespa currently the #1 4th gen GG replacing New Jeans?

• Who is the biggest 4th gen GG currently? 152

1. Aespa (83) 55%
    2. New jeans (39) 26%
    3. Gidle (14) 9%
    4. IVE (12) 8%
    5. Other mention below (4) 3%

4th gen changes so much that it’s hard to say who is number one over all but I think it’s easier to say who is #1 currently. Aespa currently have the best performing song in Korea, their Spotify is good too and their sales ar good too.

Like I really didn’t think SM had it in them :pepe-joy:

But good for them. Even if I don’t personally enjoy Aespa’s music, they’re a group that stuck very true to their sound and still found success. Which imo is good for them because they feel a lot more “kpop” than say new jeans/illit/50-50’s success which was more about the viral nature of their easy to listen to music.

So what does everyone think?

• If I put Aespa over NJ it won't be because they are outperforming on Spotify but because they have way higher individual popularity. And that's something that gives Aespa a huge advantage.

To answer your question, no, they are not. NJ aren't going to do Super Shy level numbers anytime soon but thanks to it, they have an audience outside the Kpop bubble. It's the only reason why they still chart cause they have a lot of casual fans and don't depend on their fandom which is prolly the smallest among 4th gen GGs.

• no I still think it's newjeans. I think aespa is certainly no2. I'd like to see how their next comebacks do, specifically newjeans. aespa has been killing it since spicy, so I doubt their next comeback is gonna do bad. but newjeans had the burden of coming back during the hybe vs mhj disaster. I also dont want to judge their June release since its Japanese (although that'll show who's popular in Japan). their next Korean release will be crucial in my opinion.

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

In other words:

lol

• No one underperformance isn’t the end of the world

It is, people were saying how IVE and aespa are disbanding after Baddie and Girls

And they probably are going to disband soon.

But MHJ the saint the jesus the god of all mothers decide to bestow her golden blessing and reverse jinx IVE and aespa by saying that she want to end them

And by the law of reverse karma both groups manage to not disband and survive for a few more seconds.

It is BECAUSE of MHJ that those 2 groups still exist. And it is especially because of MHJ that Aespa is charting well now

• External Content x.com

Ended by a group that had no new songs since 2022 NJs better get some privilege or imagine losing to a 3rd gen group despite supposedly having unprecented achievements not backed by hybe stans

• If I put Aespa over NJ it won't be because they are outperforming on Spotify but because they have way higher individual popularity. And that's something that gives Aespa a huge advantage.

To answer your question, no, they are not. NJ aren't going to do Super Shy level numbers anytime soon but thanks to it, they have an audience outside the Kpop bubble. It's the only reason why they still chart cause they have a lot of casual fans and don't depend on their fandom which is prolly the smallest among 4th gen GGs.

Sorry im confused by the answer are you saying New Jeans or Aespa

• no I still think it's newjeans. I think aespa is certainly no2. I'd like to see how their next comebacks do, specifically newjeans. aespa has been killing it since spicy, so I doubt their next comeback is gonna do bad. but newjeans had the burden of coming back during the hybe vs mhj disaster. I also dont want to judge their June release since its Japanese (although that'll show who's popular in Japan). their next Korean release will be crucial in my opinion.

Yeah that’s fair I think we need one more comeback to judge new jeans fully

• Well they just outsold, out streamed, out viewed and overall out performed Newjeans and in everything but album sales Aespa is going up, while in every metric Newjeans took a massive downturn.

Also Aespa seems well liked by Kpop stans while just about every HYBE group Stan hates Newjeans and they also have very little love from several of the largest fandoms in Kpop couple that with the company turning off their payola and the incoming hiatus post June 21 they will only fall further. It's Aespa for now.

• It’s the old hybe money and promo. We should see how they perform in the future without hybe backing. Right now imo it’s Aespa.

• What exactly does NewJeans need to prove? They're by far the top 4th gen girl group on Spotify still looking at total streams. They're still BY FAR the most dominant ARTIST on MelOn. They have 2 of the top 3 songs on every chart in Korea. They have a sold out 2 day concert at the Tokyo Dome in 2 weeks. And we're comparing the sales of aespa's full album to a double single that still had higher first day sales anyway.

What are we talking about here?

If aespa was at NewJeans level, both Supernova and Armageddon would be at #1 and #2 on the daily charts and all of their other tracks would be charting too

NewJeans is a group that put an album intro and a 32 second interlude on MelOn Daily for several weeks.

Nobody is on their level.

• The issue here is people don’t think the numbers are real. So new jeans need to have a smash hit without hybe to regain their standing. So for now it’s Aespa.

• It’s the old hybe money and promo. We should see how they perform in the future without hybe backing. Right now imo it’s Aespa.

The same Hybe money that made LSF the top act in the world? Oh wait.

You should have made this poll public if you wanted honest responses

We all know salty Onces, Blinks and Hybe stans will spite vote Hybe. Most of them because they're angry at me :meme-kek:

• The same Hybe money that made LSF the top act in the world? Oh wait.

You should have made this place poll public if you wanted honest responses

We all know salty Onces, Blinks and Hybe stans will spite vote Hybe. Most of them because they're angry at me :meme-kek:

Yama everything with you is 1 or 0. Promo and push took New Jeans from say being top 3 or 5 to #1 and promo and push might have taken LSFM from being like #10 to top 5.

Say something useful if you want to engage.

• I voted Aespa but tbh it seems aespa, nj and Gidle are all in the mix to become 1 currently. There’s talks of Gidle contracts ending soon? Not sure what’s going on. New jeans need to prove themselves next comeback. I don’t think they’ll ever get the HYBE support they once had moving forward too. Their trajectory is certainly unique :!:

I agree with this a lot I don’t think there is as much as a difference between Aespa, new jeans and Gidle as people think there is.

I think Gidle and Aespa are much bigger than new jeans in China and this levels out a lot of the overall popularity.

• Yama everything with you is 1 or 0. Promo and push took New Jeans from say being top 3 or 5 to #1 and promo and push might have taken LSFM from being like #10 to top 5.

Say something useful if you want to engage.

Why should a useless poll get a useful response? With the obvious forum wide agenda against NewJeans, you knew exactly what you were doing by making this a private poll.

Your numbers above are arbitrary and nonsensical. LSF is the group that had two idols with massive fandoms and was clearly BSH's favorites to the point that he pushed back NJ's debut to debut LSF instead. Yet their numbers are barely a fraction of what NewJeans has done in totality.

Your theory about Payola is stupid and a non-starter for any interesting conversation. Payola didn't make all the most reputable music critics and publications in the world release positive reviews filled with effusive praise for Get Up and Supershy. Payola didn't force the American K-Pop fans to buy enough albums for Get Up to outsell Barbie and become the #1 album in the country by unit sales.

But this is my last post in this thread.

I know all the haters and clowns voting for aespa would change their vote without hesitation if they had to take a lie detector test and answer this question with a gun against their heads.

• I mean that’s how people feel. New jeans have time to turn around the narrative if they do well in the next comebacks. For now they’re not #1 is all.

• This thread contains 346 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!