The first-week album sales for NewJeans' 'How Sweet'. Did Mhj strategy fail?

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Honestly, they could have easily broken the sales record if they hadn't had two back-to-back comebacks just a month apart and being announced together like they did now. Many people have tight budgets and will probably spend on only one of the releases. Not to mention, their Murakami album is much cuter and exclusive, so many are probably saving for that too. Even I am tempted to buy it when Im only collecting Kiof and Iu albums now because of how cute it is. And idk why this comeback feels like a filler instead of a real cb based on how they are promoting it.

• blossom9990

Changed the title of the thread from “What are the first-week album sales for NewJeans' 'How Sweet'? Did Mhj strategy fail?” to “The first-week album sales for NewJeans' 'How Sweet'. Did Mhj strategy fail?”.
  • It's a mega dumb strategy but hybe massive amounts of money and connections made mhj cocky, she thought she could make it work with money like it did in the past with other unconventional ideas like debuting newjeans with minimum promotions or triple singles. This is also tokkis fault for bragging like if mhj doing those dumb strategies was something positive,

• It's a mega dumb strategy but hybe massive amounts of money and connections made mhj cocky, she thought she could make it work with money like it did in the past with other unconventional ideas like debuting newjeans with minimum promotions or triple singles. This is also tokkis fault for bragging like if mhj doing those dumb strategies was something positive,

One thing for sure is that this comeback confirms NewJeans really has a significant and dedicated fanbase, more than what people often credit them for. Despite their Spotify numbers going down, which indicates that many company stans, especially Armys, might be boycotting them, their sales remain stable. They are comfortably sitting at number 2 on all Korean charts with a song that lacks virality—no standout dance, MV, or lyrics like their past songs with such a weird promotional rollout too. If not for Supernova going viral and being such a good song, they would have topped all the Korean charts by now. Idk if MHJ purposely planned this to bring Ador's stock down or to nerf NJ's potential so the company would be worth less for her to buy. Who knows? Interestingly, their Spotify numbers are still stable too despite unable to hit their previous peak. So, imagine if company stans were still behind them and the whole fiasco never happened with Hybe still strongly supporting them.

The positive impact I see from the whole MHJ vs. HYBE controversy is that NJ is actually proving their worth, but many probably don’t see it the way I do.

• One thing for sure is that this comeback confirms NewJeans really has a significant and dedicated fanbase, more than what people often credit them for. Despite their Spotify numbers going down, which indicates that many company stans, especially Armys, might be boycotting them, their sales remain stable. They are comfortably sitting at number 2 on all Korean charts with a song that lacks virality—no standout dance, MV, or lyrics like their past songs with such a weird promotional rollout too. If not for Supernova going viral and being such a good song, they would have topped all the Korean charts by now. Idk if MHJ purposely planned this to bring Ador's stock down or to nerf NJ's potential so the company would be worth less for her to buy. Who knows? Interestingly, their Spotify numbers are still stable too despite unable to hit their previous peak. So, imagine if company stans were still behind them and the whole fiasco never happened with Hybe still strongly supporting them.

The positive impact I see from the whole MHJ vs. HYBE controversy is that NJ is actually proving their worth, but many probably don’t see it the way I do.

I mean, they were the most publicited group of the last 2 years, they were everywhere, the company got them important deals with huge brands that gave them lot of exposition, that plus their hits and their members charms got them a decent fandom for a rookie girl group. I'm pretty sure they can survive without all the hybe privilege, just they won't be so dominant of their generation, they won't be the #1 girl group, their fans will have to accept aespa, lesserafim, ive and gidle surpassing them in a lot of things... I'm pretty sure newjeans members are okay with all that... but can newjeans fans, so obsessed with success live with that?

• I mean, they were the most publicited group of the last 2 years, they were everywhere, the company got them important deals with huge brands that gave them lot of exposition, that plus their hits and their members charms got them a decent fandom for a rookie girl group. I'm pretty sure they can survive without all the hybe privilege, just they won't be so dominant of their generation, they won't be the #1 girl group, their fans will have to accept aespa, lesserafim, ive and gidle surpassing them in a lot of things... I'm pretty sure newjeans members are okay with all that... but can newjeans fans, so obsessed with success live with that?

The thing is, NJ isn't going anywhere. When I said they have already proven their worth it's not to kpop fans only but also to their company. It means Hybe wouldn't let them go nor can the members free themselves from the company. Honestly, other than Svt, can the other Hybe groups survive with still good results in sales and charts like this if they're in Nj position instead right now? NJ has the advantage of being liked by the non-K-pop community as well. And I don't think 1 million sales is just a decent fandom size for a girl group when everyone on your list is selling in that range.

MHJ is the only thing that makes NJ not Bang Sihyuk's favorite. They have beef since the start and treating each other like a competitor. Once they change the Ador CEO to one of his minions like they did to Pledis, and brainwash the girls and their families again (which I'm not proud to write), I wouldn't be surprised if they start treating them as their official flagship group like they treated Bts and Svt.

• All this comeback has revealed is what every non delulu already knew, Newjeans are about as popular comeback to comeback as other top 4th gen GGs. LSF, Aespa and maybe I've are all around the same level.

I think Newjeans have a lot of popularity and the numbers we saw them drop from were fake anyway so they can be proud of the numbers they a re pulling this far with How Sweet knowing they aren't the product of HYBEs money like their prior comebacks.

I think their fans will be sad with this because they really thought they were something special. Maybe MHJ and BSH kiss and make up one day or HYBE realise Newjeans still have a tonne of value and they turn the money tap back on to boost those sales and streams like they did prior and Newjeans will go back up.

• All this comeback has revealed is what every non delulu already knew, Newjeans are about as popular comeback to comeback as other top 4th gen GGs. LSF, Aespa and maybe I've are all around the same level.

I think Newjeans have a lot of popularity and the numbers we saw them drop from were fake anyway so they can be proud of the numbers they a re pulling this far with How Sweet knowing they aren't the product of HYBEs money like their prior comebacks.

I think their fans will be sad with this because they really thought they were something special. Maybe MHJ and BSH kiss and make up one day or HYBE realise Newjeans still have a tonne of value and they turn the money tap back on to boost those sales and streams like they did prior and Newjeans will go back up.

This jobless try hard whines about people showing up in a Twice thread to discuss the literal topic of the thread, but makes a predictable appearance in every NJ thread in the past week repeating the same bitter rhetoric that only underscores their jealousy and insecurities.

Poor NewJeans, having the highest MelOn debut of any girl group this year, being the only artist with two songs peaking about 300k ULs, charting 2 songs in the top 3 of every chart in Korea, selling 1 million copies of a double single album, and preparing for a sold out Tokyo Dome concert in a month.

What a flop era :meme-kek:

Even when they "flop", they still dominate. And that is why they're obviously on another level from everyone else and always have been.

• MHJ always moved on to newer acts after the initial phase. She has never really stuck with an act for a long time, so now it is time for her to show the ability to stay 'fresh' for a while

The strategy would have been put NJ to the stardom, and debut her new boy group next year. now that is happening.

• HOLY COPE!!!

Most of it being just melon glazing is hilarious because newjeans strongest point was charting way better than their rivals on US and global charts and all that is gone, and leaving out that their streams fell of 50% on spotify and their sales fell off 50% too is a crazy:

this-is-fine_custom-b7c50c845a78f5d7716475a92016d52655ba3115.png

moment :meme-erm:

And claiming they are the most dominant while knowing they couldn't even surpass babymonster peak on spotify, are nowhere near illit streams, aespa got 2 singles above them on spotify and aespa got almost 200 paks on the kcharts he glaze so much, like holy cope!! keep gathering your tears buddy until they satisfy you.

• :meme-i-aint-reading-all-that::meme-trying-not-to-laugh:

Ssera and Ive numbers are highly inflated. Specially ssera. I mean their ceo is a proven fraud to so...

Also aespa non inflated numbers (because sm went into bankrupcy this year) is 40% inferior to NJ and they are actually slaying on the digital charts.

All that it shows is that all this bulk buying and other sales manipulation can make any dimwit or highly nj anti biased people believe that groups like ssera or ive can be anywhere close to a group like nj in terms on impact specially fandom wise and sales wise (anywhere else except digitals).

And even ive digitals have been dying of since baddie/either way. Kakao probably saving their a** on the charts to avoid them complete humiliation.

NJ on the other side? They got 2 songs in the top 5 sitting comfortably and selling near a million single album (delayed weverse shippements) and that even after a 10 month hiatus as a barey 2 years old group. AND during a civil war never heard of before with a parent compagny not helping them but actually sabotaging them and doing constant black media play against them.

Lol.

• Are you still making these massive cope rant?

The numbers don't lie and I have no interest in the past phoney numbers ADor was pumping out with HYBEs bankroll, only interested in the numbers for this comeback and Newjeans are performing about in line with several other top GGs.

Their domestic charting is below Aespa and around IVE last comeback. Thier Streams are being LSF, Aespa, Illit and Beamons last comeback. Their sales are below I've and Idle latest offerings. Their views are behind BMs, LSF, Aespa, Idles, etc so I'm being generous when I say they are around their level. In fact this era Newjeans haven't shown themselves to be number 1 in a single area.

Can they in the future? Sure why not. Are they still a top group? Most definitely. Are they dominating like they were with Super Shy and Ditto era levels of company inflation? No, not even close. They are almost exactly in line with other 4th gen GGs.

• They're still the biggest group in korea specially regarding what is happening to them. And sales inflation or chart manipulation is not coping lol. But believe whatever you wanna believe idk.

Once the war has settled and Bang is dealt with, NJs gonna come back stronger than ever. I KNOW that.

Ssera is cancelled and couldn’t fill up a 10k avenue while NJs is gonna fill a 100k TD, illit are copycates and the gp doesn’t care about them nor have they any consequent fandom, Baemon are very likely frauds and a mediocre a** group (their southest asian fans will maintaint them alive tho), and Ive looks pretty done to me as a top group because it's not only one underperformance but two now with heya.

Now only remains aespa, nj and probably the incoming Teddy gg. They're gonna be the top groups this year. Mark my words.

And NJs is still the closest things to a national gg in korea anyway with immense potentiel both as a group and as a production team. It's only a question of time and more favorable circumstances for them to dominate as they usually do. If not even more.

• ^ Exactly the numbers don't lie. MHJ's antics have damaged NJs.

Active Girl Groups most recent Spotify Global results (30 May)

1. Illit Magnetic - #10 - 4,003,745 (filtered)

*2. Aespa Supernova - #41 - 2,498,127 (filtered)

3. Le serrafim Easy - #52 - 2,122,349 (filtered)

4. BabyMonster Sheesh - #50 - - 2,035,673 (filtered)

*5. New Jeans How Sweet - #83 - 1,830,418 (filtered)

I've been posting rankings like above for the last 18 months. The only thing that matters are these global results because most of the money comes from global tour concerts outside korea. They were #1 before in the last 17 months, but because of MHJ they are now #5.

Edited once, last by K-PL ().

• I needed the lesserafim numbers, do you have smart peak? Bubblegum made it a day into the top 200 and the newjeans success stans lost their minds thinking it was their moment, I'm sure smart did way better.

• @Mods this is why we need the facepalm back

• I needed the lesserafim numbers, do you have smart peak?

Smart peak was 1,775,855

Take into account, LSF be 3rd best performing act on Spotify behind Illit and aespa for now.

Le Sserafim did great in this comeback with Easy and Smart, but their momentum got impacted due to heavy global competition during April-May period with ongoing endless hate train, their steams lost a bit. The upcoming comeback will give them a major boost though. They will lose Korea, but with rest, they can make it work somehow. :emotionalpepe:

#Onlyspeakfacts

:boredr: :siptear:

• Ssera is cancelled and couldn’t fill up a 10k avenue while NJs is gonna fill a 100k TD, illit are copycates and the gp doesn’t care about them nor have they any consequent fandom, Baemon are very likely frauds and a mediocre a** group (their southest asian fans will maintaint them alive tho), and Ive looks pretty done to me as a top group because it's not only one underperformance but two now with heya.

Why do you want to make an enemy out of every top group's fans here? :pepe-tinfoil-hat:

• Smart peak was 1,775,855

Take into account, LSF be 3rd best performing act on Spotify behind Illit and aespa for now.

Le Sserafim did great in this comeback with Easy and Smart, but their momentum got impacted due to heavy global competition during April-May period with ongoing endless hate train, their steams lost a bit. The upcoming comeback will give them a major boost though. They will lose Korea, but with rest, they can make it work somehow. :emotionalpepe:

I knew it did good but I was not sure it was this good, they are really #2 rn without a doubt and maybe #1 if aespa sales barely make it into 1M like is predicted

• Honestly, I believe your words now after all these crazy things happened between Mhj and Hybe. Are you the Mhj shaman or a tarot reader? 🤣 I mean, you were basically correct this whole time, even before the whole fiasco was revealed, when everyone, including me, was still laughing at you.

• Why do you want to make an enemy out of every top group's fans here? :pepe-tinfoil-hat:

Im just speaking facts, nothing personal towards the girls, wish them all the best.

But I recognize quality and success or potential when i see it.

Im saying the top 3 gg this year are gonna be nj, aespa and meoov. that's all. Even tho my bias group are NJ im not deying true impact and potential.

• Honestly, I believe your words now after all these crazy things happened between Mhj and Hybe. Are you the Mhj shaman or a tarot reader? 🤣 I mean, you were basically correct this whole time, even before the whole fiasco was revealed, when everyone, including me, was still laughing at you.

:pepe-hehe:.

Nah im just good at discerning and analyzing patterns and i have strong intuition too :wellr:. It's my natural habitat 🤓.

(actually to be more honest, im a politics mega geek, so i spend a lot of my time analyzing the current and future political and geopolitical situations and outcomes.

'predicting' such outcomes such as hybe civil war or the injuction decision were almost a childs game in comparaison ^^)

Thank you tho, some respect was long due:siptear: .

• Also i would like to add that i think a major scandal will happen this year specially in releation to chart manipulation and sajaegi, more specifically involving Hybe and groups such as Tws and Illit.

Put your belt on because whatever we went through until today was only part 1 of what is in coming. And it’s gonna be bigger.

My analysis and intuition is that the whole industry have allied together to take Hybe down. They're all coming for Bang and it's not just MHJ and LSM but probably everyone else as well :pepe-narrow-eyes: .

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!