The more I think about what (G)I-DLE pulled off with Fate, the more impressive it is

• There has been a pattern for the past two years where GIDLE drops a new album, AKP majority opinion is that it's a flop and Soyeon needs to let a different creative get involved in their song production, and then the title track becomes a big hit and the revisionist history begins.

But when 2(2) dropped, and the two most promoted title tracks didn't hit #1, let alone keep their PAK streak alive, it seemed like maybe the magic touch was lost for their latest comeback (even though it's absurd to consider two songs in the top 20 on all charts a flop era, not to mention their career high album sales).

I personally like both songs quite a bit, but even the biggest groups can falter in landing huge hit songs. It happens.

But to watch Fate climb from the depths with minimal promotion, and not only top the charts but help (G)I-DLE secure the longest PAK streak (4) in chart history was legitimately one of the more impressive things I've seen, given the context of how it happened.

I genuinely hope they get their flowers at at least one major award show this year, after coming up just short the last couple due to the rise of IVE and then NewJeans.

I think this is their year to finally get some daesangs. But even if they don't, I give them their respect regardless.

• Most groups would be worse off without their company's benefits

And as huge as Cube is (not that huge like the Big 4 but not unknown), I feel confident that (G)I-DLE is a group that can thrive without Cube

I could be wrong but wasn't Cube the one that didn't choose this as their title even though the girls preferred this song (or maybe I'm just making this up)

And they don't need Cube's expertise when it comes to music since Soyeon herself hard carries that department

• I could be wrong but wasn't Cube the one that didn't choose this as their title even though the girls preferred this song (or maybe I'm just making this up)

I'm not so sure about that. I think it's only something Soyeon had in mind at one point. I doubt it's something that was really considered, plus the group wanted something big to open their concerts with, hence Super Lady.

• From what I've observed, (G)I-DLE is a group where their label has the least creative involvement. Soyeon does everything. Just HOW much she does was something even I didn't realize until I saw her giving a presentation to Cube staff on the concept for their next album (Nxde).

And then hearing how they funded their own MVs in the most recent comeback, that's a level of self-production that I've only seen from Mamamoo (but not even to this extent) and Brown-Eyed Girls.

I have called Soyeon an actual genius for years, even if you might not always like her creative choices.

FATE got a PAK? I had no idea

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• As far as i know, all was said was at one point Fate was the Title and then it wasn't.

There was no word on who made the choice to change it. It could have been Cube, it could habe been Soyeon, it could have been I-DLE as a whole

• what are you guys talking about

everyone knows that Idle has most songs that charted well

and most wins in music shows from 4th gen, when 5th gen it's obviously below

it is what it is FATE is peoples song and that's it

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I listed the current group with good streams. Good fan base. Good album sales including fraudulent China and touring.

This list will be updated yearly

Please tag me for the Year End Rarami Chart

what are you guys talking about

everyone knows that Idle has most songs that charted well

and most wins in music shows from 4th gen, when 5th gen it's obviously below

it is what it is FATE is peoples song and that's it

I'm legitimately not sure what your point of contention is nor how I should respond so...

:meme-what:

• Gave you a heart, i had accidently given you a facepalm because i am so used to it :eyes:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!