Yep. This is still the best K-Pop cover of all time.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I just re-watched this after linking it in my other thread, and I really did forget how stellar this AOA cover of Mamamoo's Egotistic was.

When I first heard they would be switching songs with Mamamoo, especially with their main vocal Choa departed from the group, I was actually skeptical. Just ask yourself how many girl groups could lose their main vocal and then take on a Mamamoo song.

Then I experienced a cover that did MORE than enough justice to the original while bringing AOA's own unique colors and energy to the song. This was quite easily the best performance of the night, and I remember AOA's stage even going viral in Korea and AOA experiencing a resurgence in popularity afterwards.

It's a shame the group was later torn apart by drama, but this will always remain to me as one of AOA's finest performances ever.

Im Proud Of You Dan Levy GIF - Im Proud Of You Dan Levy David GIFs

• A new challenger appear ;judgingpepe:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's indeed a great performance. AOA have always had more than one good singer. Choa is a nice singer and her voice was perfect for AOA first concept when they were a band group before they got a rebrand. This said, Yuna did very well as AOA main vocalist after her departure and Hyejeong that people were kinda making of for being the original visual overshadowed by Seolhyun, was in fact a talented lead vocalist all along. She could prove it on Queendom at least.

dbed960a80097dc7d9eac973b7be5f732ec99c98.gifv  1f251c53cf32e8a39ff30f639687b517129b0205.gifv  8ce6cd0f2729463446ccbc09563cc6ad65a72d09.gifv

• this is a cover I've been obsessed with for months now

• this is a cover I've been obsessed with for months now

This was pretty damn good too. I sent this to a couple friends when I first heard it. The arrangement turned Hype Boy into a Velvety Smooth Boy :pepe-grooving:

• This is the thread to post our favorite kpop covers? Ok, then.

External Content www.youtube.com

• External Content www.youtube.com

Not even close.

THIS, is the best cover of all time.

• No kpop cover comes close to the impact this one had

ead47f74c3dc14bd46149812f2155b77.jpgImage ⁘ 007833105f6b7733cb4d3f8c61fa19ae.jpg3291b57d2612af71f190a448dba0c51c.jpg

• THIS, is the best cover of all time.

If we're going down that route, this is the best:

• I love that AOA cover but I have to take this moment to plug this cover again lol:

• External Content youtu.be

I FANCY YOU <3

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!