ILLIT's Wonhee looks very young for her age but its kind of weird

• Not the first time a 16 or 17 year old idol gets attention for their visual. What's perplexing is that they are praising her visual while she looks like someone who could still pass for an elementary school student. The group's styling and concept also leans towards a younger than their actual age image. It's just strange to me that it's her type of visual that's attracting attention the most and not members like Yunah and Minju.

• It is a weird culture with weird visual preferences.

This culture and visual preferences are totally different to the West.

• Not the first time a 16 or 17 year old idol gets attention for their visual. What's perplexing is that they are praising her visual while she looks like someone who could still pass for an elementary school student. The group's styling and concept also leans towards a younger than their actual age image. It's just strange to me that it's her type of visual that's attracting attention the most and not members like Yunah and Minju.

I have never understand the hype over Fake Minju, and i'm not even being biased here in favor of Real Minju. She doesnt stand out at all.

Also, there are a ton of Yunah stans on TW that are very pissed off at how Yunah is being shaded/ignored, apparently her fancam views are like orders of magnitude below the others.

• Her 'innocent' and fresh-faced visual is the exact reason she is so popular in the first place though. She had the shortest training period of the RUNext girls and wasn't particularly talented on stage. Most of the comments were on her youthful visuals were charming.

It's not specific to Korea either. Selena Gomez & Ariana Grande have been voted the sexiest women multiple times in many awards and both of them have neotenous baby features. Ariana in particular really played this up in her earlier days with the whole coquette, lolita aesthetics. She used to wear lots of ribbons, thigh high boots, babydoll dresses, oversized sweaters, etc. Her makeup also emphasized this and she was obviously styled to give of that 'sexy/cute' look.

• When I saw her, i acc thought she was 12-13. but something else that i have to bring up is that when she first starts singing in magnetic, idk if shes forcing her voice to be cute ig but I kinda found it annoying

be fr

Yunah is weird looking. I'm not a fan of wonhee's visuals but not even i fans want to pretend yunah is otherwise her view count of her fancams would be decent bc i fans also love visuals. They are in hell in real life

• her Visual is not the one attracting the Most attention

I went through fancam uploads from Music shows where all 5 had fancams and it is very consistent across all channels

Moka/Minju - alternate 1st and 2nd with Moka being first a little more consistently

Wonhee - almost always 3rd, she was 2nd only twice I saw

Iroha - 4th most views every single time

Yunha - 5th most views every single time

Couldn't tell you from which countries each gets most views but would hazard a guess that Minju gets the most from Korea

• she does have a really baby face and I suppose hybe knew what it was doing when they rigged her into the final lineup. let’s be clear, she has improved tremendously since the show ended and I see potential in her stage presence now but back then she was incredibly awkward and stiff and not better than some of the other trainees in any way. also Lee Hyun was being really weird towards her idk if it was just fans microanalyzing but there were threads on twitter and they seemed creepy af. she was the companies choice in the end too…

• I already knew Minju and Wonhee are the most popular in Korea based on their comments. Moka is very obviously an international fan pick

• she does have a really baby face and I suppose hybe knew what it was doing when they rigged her into the final lineup. let’s be clear, she has improved tremendously since the show ended and I see potential in her stage presence now but back then she was incredibly awkward and stiff and not better than some of the other trainees in any way. also Lee Hyun was being really weird towards her idk if it was just fans microanalyzing but there were threads on twitter and they seemed creepy af. she was the companies choice in the end too…

What is this business between Lee Hyun and Illin/Illin fans? I gather he was involved with RUnext but why are so many fans shading him and telling him to stay away from Wonhee? Did he make some weird sexual comment about her?

They Rigged every OTHER member into the Lineup

With Wonhee, sure they angel edited and spent most of the show focusing on her to help ensure her spot, but she is still the only one who we know actually got the votes to debut

All 4 other Girls were simply Judges picks, it was very controversial at the time especially since there was no indication before that you could only vote in the Top 2 (Youngseo also got the votes but left)

I suspect that the person with the 3rd most votes the Company didn't want to debut (probably Jiwoo) and changed things up last minute to get the debut group they wanted from the start

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!