ADOR is evil

• I actually did maths for this

pasted-from-clipboard.png

308 days
    for 2 songs

I repeat
    308 days
    FOR 2 FREAKING SONGS

And it's not like they released a full album beforehand, it was an EP that only lasted 12 minutes and 13 seconds

With the longest song being 2:34 min and two songs being under 2 minutes, and one song being under 40 seconds

And then we will get another 2 under 3 minutes songs

Seriously, this feels like the worst birthday ever

ALL THIS FOR THIS??????????????????? ADOR FCK YOU (Sorry if I offended anyone mods pls don't give me warning points, this is directed at the label)

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• Your just too spoilt and acting like an addict needing a fix. The members are credited in over half their discog so far, yes its a small discog, but they clearly want the members to have a say in their own music and that takes longer. Also didn't they drop a whole remix album in December? Its barely been 3 months, calm down. Not to mention they had alot of work to do and they explicitly said they wanted to give the members a longer holiday, rightly so.

• Your just too spoilt and acting like an addict needing a fix. The members are credited in over half their discog so far, yes its a small discog, but they clearly want the members to have a say in their own music and that takes longer. Also didn't they drop a whole remix album in December? Its barely been 3 months, calm down. Not to mention they had alot of work to do and they explicitly said they wanted to give the members a longer holiday, rightly so.

I am not saying they don't need a break. But just releasing 3 more songs is too much? Seems like we all forget what being a musician is about. Yes, they're Idols too. Of course. But both IVE and Le Sserafims 3rd/4th comeback was a full album. All top groups have a full album, except for NewJeans. I can at least be disappointed about this, can't I?

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• My fave hasn't released a studio album or even EP since 2020. They mostly released singles since then.

Are you talking about bts.

I think they have an over saturation of music for past 2 years especially after festa 2022. Solo albums one after another so that makes up for group release.

• Catgirl

Changed the title of the thread from “Y'all have no clue how disappointed I am with NewJeans (as a bunny)” to “ADOR is evil”.
  • Being an ambassador of dozen brands makes a tough schedule. They are too busy for music.

However, you can look around on other groups those are more engaged with their fans, for example KISS OF LIFE

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

Edited once, last by Sugary-Salt ().

• wait so was it said it will be just a single song? one for sk, and one for jp market?

or were there somewhere a word 'single album'?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Being an ambassador of dozen brands makes a tough schedule. They are too busy for music.

However, you can look around on other groups those are more engaged with their fans, for example KISS OF LIFE

thebadguy Am I clever promoter?

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

I don't really like their image for some reason

In general, I am more into Shibuya-Kei these days (Japanese Indie-Pop. Lamp, Serani Poji etc.)

K-Pop used to hit different.

• I am not saying they don't need a break. But just releasing 3 more songs is too much? Seems like we all forget what being a musician is about. Yes, they're Idols too. Of course. But both IVE and Le Sserafims 3rd/4th comeback was a full album. All top groups have a full album, except for NewJeans. I can at least be disappointed about this, can't I?

Except you missed the part where they'll release an album (probably full album since their tours is in 2025) second half of this year. Not to mention that this is not even their regular cb. This is for their debut in Japan, which they also plan to promote in Korea so obviously it will not be a full album with many songs.

I think many Kpop fans are simply impatient. If you want a full album with a lot of thought given in it, it will take longer time to produce. Look outside of kpop and you will notice it. And I don't remember how being a musician is all about how many songs you released.

• Except you missed the part where they'll release an album (probably full album since their tours is in 2025) second half of this year. Not to mention that this is not even their regular cb. This is for their debut in Japan, which they also plan to promote in Korea so obviously it will not be a full album with many songs.

I think many Kpop fans are simply impatient. If you want a full album with a lot of thought given in it, it will take longer time to produce. Look outside of kpop and you will notice it. And I don't remember how being a musician is all about how many songs you released.

I think many KPop stans listen too much to K-Pop so they forgot what music actually is.

You think 10 months isn't enough for a full album?

I think so

• I think many KPop stans listen too much to K-Pop so they forgot what music actually is.

I think so

Before I got into kpop most musicians and bands I followed would usually have 2 years MINIMUM between albums. Sometimes 4-5 years was the norm.

• I think many KPop stans listen too much to K-Pop so they forgot what music actually is.

I think so

It's not enough, unless you expect Newjeans to following the typical Kpop full album pattern where all the bsides simply don't exist. However, Newjeans is a group where most of their songs, except Hurt (cmiiw), have choreography. They're trying to promote all songs and actually care about the whole album, rather than releasing a full album just for the sake of it. They're also a group where all their songs get an MV. Picking a good songs from thousands of demo, records the songs, and doing all of that in 10 months is a stretch.

I think kpop stans like you listen to too much kpop, and you're starting to treat it as a fast-food industry. Western music fans are chill with their favorites coming back every 2-3 years or at least once a year, and the same goes for Korean soloists.

And how do you still miss the part that they will probably release a full album later this year? This is their Japanese debut, so what's the fuss? I understand the concern if this is for real Korean cb later.

• Before I got into kpop most musicians and bands I followed would usually have 2 years MINIMUM between albums. Sometimes 4-5 years was the norm.

It's funny that before kpop, I thought this is the norm and they gonna promote the songs for years too, not just short 2-6 months like kpop groups often do. So I'm quite surprised seeing kpop fans having this kind of mindset.

• It seems Min Heejin is more focusing into her upcoming boy group than NewJeans.

It was like that in SM as well. She would get involved in launching a group, and leave when it gets traction jumping to another one. Although now she is stuck with NewJeans, it seems she is more interested upon launching new acts than maintaining an existing act.

• It's funny that before kpop, I thought this is the norm and they gonna promote the songs for years too, not just short 2-6 months like kpop groups often do. So I'm quite surprised seeing kpop fans having this kind of mindset.

Right, like they have multiple single releases from one album, staggered months apart, getting as much blood from that stone as they can.

I think one big difference for kpop is that it is heavily manufactured, more so than many other genres. Songs are pre-written by other people, sometimes stored up in advance. The turn around can be much quicker as the talent themselves generally aren't as "farm to table" as other artists/musicians, who are probably a lot more heavily involved in all stages of the production.

NB: I generally have a great deal of scepticism anytime I hear that a kpop idol has helped "write" a track.

• It's funny that before kpop, I thought this is the norm and they gonna promote the songs for years too, not just short 2-6 months like kpop groups often do. So I'm quite surprised seeing kpop fans having this kind of mindset.

Wrong

Before Seo Taiji, singers came back as often as possible, since if they were not seen on TV people thought they were no longer relevant.

Which is why old trot stars have hundreds of songs. They came back whenever they had enough songs.

Seo Taiji established the pattern of a comeback per year, but recently, GFriend, Red Velvet and Twice had two promotions per year, and that only got lessened as they became less relevant.

Only BlackPink came back once in 2-3 years, because of YG's whims.

NewJeans became the hottest act from Korea, but it wasted almost a year doing absolutely nothing. Because Min Heejin's mind was at elsewhere.

• Before I got into kpop most musicians and bands I followed would usually have 2 years MINIMUM between albums. Sometimes 4-5 years was the norm.

In the West, maybe. But in Korea, competition is fierce, and out of sight, out of mind.

Lee Jieun released a song every year except 2016 and 2023 (she released an album at the end of 2021, which could be considered to be in 2022), and after 2 years of hiatus her song was defeated by Bibi.

2 years of hiatus means the singer is out, and more than 3 years means the act has semi-retired.

• Not before kpop history started, but before I knew about kpop. But cool fact

• I am not saying they don't need a break. But just releasing 3 more songs is too much? Seems like we all forget what being a musician is about. Yes, they're Idols too. Of course. But both IVE and Le Sserafims 3rd/4th comeback was a full album. All top groups have a full album, except for NewJeans. I can at least be disappointed about this, can't I?

You can be disappointed, but people also have the right to call you out in the context of kpop basically being musical fast fashion. We expect high volumes of music in very short timescales so we barely even enjoy the releases before its onto the next one. Olivia Rodrigo has dropped 2 albums in almost 4 years with a total of 28 songs. Newjeans had one more song than her at 3 years in 1 year. She didn't drop anything for almost 2 years after her debut album and thats the norm in the west. Countless artists who don't even write their own music go years between releases. Step away, savour the journey, a groups discography is a marathon not a sprint. They are releasing an album in the second half of this year, and tbh these two songs are for promotions in Japan. Its normal for groups to start with 1 or 2 Japanese songs before full promotions a year or two post debut.

I feel like your focusing on the wrong thing and building up your expectations the longer you don't see music and its easy to get burnt out that way and stop enjoying kpop. Just because you have the label of full album doesn't mean your actually getting it one. LSF's first full album was half filled with songs from the previous mini's, I get it with the 2023 versions but they basically dropped a mini of 7 songs and called it a full album meanwhile all their mini's are 5 songs. IVE dropped a full album because Starship finally heard all the complaints about them dropping 6 songs in 3 CB's and charging fans a premium for each. They had the same amount of songs newjeans had at 6 months when they were over a year old. You can't even claim 'all' for the top groups thing because Aespa or StayC are both older, don't have a full album yet have more songs than both IVE and LSF.

Now about the credits, all of Newjeans are still in school meanwhile isn't it just 1 member in IVE and LSF? Your expecting them to write more with less time in the day.

LSF have 16 songs, they are credited with lyrics for 9 of those but the majority of those credits are near the end of a long line of writers and the closer your are to the first one noted, the bigger your contribution. Now this isn't to say that Newjeans had a huge impact on the songs they wrote because there are only two to three writes for most of their credited songs, but if your 9th of 12 listed writers I start to question how much of an impact you had on the song and how much time you were able to spend on it. IVE has credits for 10/23 songs, 6 of those are for their rappers who probably had a hand in the rap sections only, 3 for WY and 1 for Yujin (all solo). But note the last 4 were all a full year after debut so its what 4 songs in two years?

• Tr12345 In the west, singers release a full album with over 10 songs and then disappear for 2 years.

That's at least a lot of music

Actually, yes, this is an important consideration.

If I waited 2-3 years for a new album from one of my faves and it had 6 tracks, I'd be pretty pissed. 10 - 15 is the norm.

• Tr12345  ThePhantomThief I mentioned that recently, I got into another genre called Shibuya-Kei. In particular, the artists Lamp, Frenesí and Serani Poji got me hooked. I think I got used to the fact that their songs are mostly over 4 minutes, and that their albums are long (especially Lamp, Serani Pojis and Frenesís discographies aren't as big)

pasted-from-clipboard.png

8 songs, but the shortest is 3:37 and the longest 7:09

Lamp released their first album in 2003 and has been active since. They released a album each year in 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014 and then one in 2018, then a few singles and an album with 7 songs in collaboration with Kaede in 2020 in between, and recently in 2023 a new album with 20 songs. See how much that is? I think i just got used to actually getting full songs and albums.

Maybe K-Pop really isn't the right genre for me

• Tr12345 In the west, singers release a full album with over 10 songs and then disappear for 2 years.

That's at least a lot of music

Read back your sentence. In just a year and a half, Newjeans released more than ten songs just across three albums. That is not much? You said yourself it takes them two years to make a full album with over ten songs, so It doesn't make sense to expect the same output in just ten months. And that 10 months count didn't even consider the time when Nj finish promoting their last album and having full rest so they actually started working on the new one. And I think you know that you're contradicting yourself. Also, for the third time, why do I keep needing to remind you that their proper comeback is happening in the second half of the year, and this is their debut in Japan? Do some kpop fans have selective reading disease?

• You're right, I am expecting too much

I mean, other artists don't have excessive MVs, choreographies etc.

K-Pop is K-Pop

Maybe it's just my current mental state as well. You feel empty inside, you search for something to fill your emptiness, you don't get it -> you get angry

Pretty stupid

• Read back your sentence. In just a year and a half, Newjeans released more than ten songs just across three albums. That is not much? You said yourself it takes them two years to make a full album with over ten songs, so It doesn't make sense to expect the same output in just ten months. And that 10 months count didn't even consider the time when Nj finish promoting their last album and having full rest so they actually started working on the new one. And I think you know that you're contradicting yourself. Also, for the third time, why do I keep needing to remind you that their proper comeback is happening in the second half of the year, and this is their debut in Japan? Do some kpop fans have selective reading disease?

In may they will have a korean comeback
    In July, they will have a Japanese comeback

Ngl LSF's "full album" was a scam

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• In may they will have a korean comeback
    In July, they will have a Japanese comeback

Nah, you didn't even get the date right, so you clearly didn't care that much so why complain?

Anyway:

May 21st: ‘How Sweet’ and ‘Bubblegum’ (a japanese CF song/debut)

June 21st: ‘Supernatural’ and ‘Right Now’ (cf song)

They didn't even confirm anything except saying this is their Japanese debut and they will promoting it in Korea too. In fact, they didn't even say any of these singles will be in Korean.

• I'm so confused rn

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!