Why Do CARATS Act Like SEVENTEEN Was This Mega Superstar Group Before Getting Acquired By HYBE???

• like every time I turn around, Carats always downplaying the acquisition and making it seem like the stardom Seventeen has right now- was already like that before HYBE.

which clearly is cap :pepe-life-support:

Seventeen got acquired by HYBE in 2020.

They debuted in 2015.

(not counting their debut year and the year they got acquired)

The most popular 3rd gen boy groups between 2016 - 2019 was :

BTS

EXO

NCT

GOT7

IKON

MONSTA X

WANNA ONE (even though they lasted 2 years lol)

Out of those 3rd gen boy groups, your gonna tell me that Seventeen was more popular than them????

They was NOT popular than BTS

They was NOT popular than EXO

They was NOT popular than NCT or GOT7

Did they have a few songs that people recognized and liked?? Yes they did.

"Very Nice" "Don't Wanna Cry" "Clap" and "Hit"...yes there's a few more that was liked.

But again, they weren't super popular and weren't this Big group like now.

Their most popular songs and recognition came from when they got under HYBE.

"Fighting", "Left & Right", "Super", "God of Music", "Hot", "World"....like come on now.

Having that HYBE association and that "being in the same company as BTS" clout, definitely gets you recognition and more noticed.

Let's not pretend it doesn't.

I remember back in 2020 when they first got acquired, it was a huge deal and everyone was talking about it on kmedia.

I know some gonna say "Bang PD wanted Seventeen because he seen them as a competition to BTS" :boompepe:

(I've seen plenty of Carats say that on Twitter..living in their delusion)

Bang PD got Seventeen because he wanted to expand more groups, and majority of the other Top 3rd gen boy groups either disbanded or was going to military AND already came from a Big company.

Since Seventeen was pretty known, but their label was small, I guess he seen it as easier to get them.

And the members of Seventeen themselves say they are thankful and grateful they got acquired.

So Carats need to be fr here ;judgingpepe:

• seventeen earned their way with no help from anyone not even pledis. Maybe hybe helped them with a better budget but they didn't need hybe nor pledis be fr with your delusional take

• They were actually quite popular even before hybe. Definitely more popular than ikon, got7 and monstaX (also more popular than some others at their height during comebacks). Even if their songs wasn't the most iconic, they're a group that sells stadiums.

• Hybe made a smart decision

They did well before too but ofc there’s no way to know how different it would’ve been if they weren’t acquired

Thats the point im tryna make.

Yes, I know they had some popularity and was liked and apart of 3rd gen boy group conversations.

They had songs that was well received too.

But Carats make it seem like they were this super big group like a EXO or something before HYBE.

When clearly being under HYBE, gave them a lot more recognition and status, and budget.

Which has clearly helped them, and now they are able to get 4 million sales and #1 On kcharts.

• All I can say is they ware at least so popular back than, that Pledis decided to give crap about NU'EST, PRISTIN and After School resulting that PRISTIN disbanded quit early, After School at one point got no new releases and someday the girls all left and NU'EST felt very shit under Pledis

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I've never seen a Carat try to "downplay" the Hybe acquisition, but it's unfair to act like SVT were some nugus before it. They were a big name that had experienced lots of success pre-Hybe and despite Pledis. Google "Burn pledis" and you'll find a shit ton of Carats.

Given how bad they felt SVTs management was before Hybe, it is natural that they were wary after Hybe and I'm not going to say it was all chocolate and roses because Hybe has a ton of issues too. But from what I've gathered, most think it was a net positive move that gave SVT needed cash-flow - an investment that Pledis had not been able to give them. SVT members themselves seem to be happy with it, which is the biggest thing for me.

• I've never seen a Carat try to "downplay" the Hybe acquisition, but it's unfair to act like SVT were some nugus before it. They were a big name that had experienced lots of success pre-Hybe and despite Pledis. Google "Burn pledis" and you'll find a shit ton of Carats.

Given how bad they felt SVTs management was before Hybe, it is natural that they were wary after Hybe and I'm not going to say it was all chocolate and roses because Hybe has a ton of issues too. But from what I've gathered, most think it was a net positive move that gave SVT needed cash-flow - an investment that Pledis had not been able to give them. SVT members themselves seem to be happy with it, which is the biggest thing for me.

Louder...almost every true Carat knows the shit that Seventeen went through, that's why they do everything THEMSELVES. It's rare in Kpop to find an entire group doing their own writing, producing, choreography etc. They have been a family and haven't even lost a single member. Despite all the bullshit rumors and crap around Joshua, they still protect him. They were doing quite well building a name for themselves and as you perfectly put it, Hybe gave them that much needed boost. The fandom is growing because they are making great music, whether people want to admit it or not.

Sure there's many groups out there that compose, arrange, produce, choreograph but they are far and few between. Seventeen has worked just as hard as any other group. Pledis sucks, and that's why so many groups under them haven't done well, if Seventeen didn't do shit themselves, they wouldn't be where they are.

• Louder...almost every true Carat knows the shit that Seventeen went through, that's why they do everything THEMSELVES. It's rare in Kpop to find an entire group doing their own writing, producing, choreography etc. They have been a family and haven't even lost a single member. Despite all the bullshit rumors and crap around Joshua, they still protect him. They were doing quite well building a name for themselves and as you perfectly put it, Hybe gave them that much needed boost. The fandom is growing because they are making great music, whether people want to admit it or not.

Sure there's many groups out there that compose, arrange, produce, choreograph but they are far and few between. Seventeen has worked just as hard as any other group. Pledis sucks, and that's why so many groups under them haven't done well, if Seventeen didn't do shit themselves, they wouldn't be where they are.

Many of the things I value about BTS, I also see in SVT - the creativity, the drive, the bond. These are things that set them apart, each in their own unique ways. An these are things I will always defend in both of them because of how genuine, honest and admirable they are.

• Many of the things I value about BTS, I also see in SVT - the creativity, the drive, the bond. These are things that set them apart, each in their own unique ways. An these are things I will always defend in both of them because of how genuine, honest and admirable they are.

I absolutely love how humble they are despite the stuff they have been through, and admire their determination. Their speech when they won and how hard they cried shows how genuine they are. They didn't go up there and win that recent award and act all snobby, this was something they worked hard for, for many years.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!