What do you think about Monsta X?

• I'm legit shocked learning that they are doing better than ever in Korea rn, just goes to show how little they are talked about on akp. :eyes:

Yeah, like someone said earlier they are past their new and shiny phase, like it would be weird to me if a bunch of people were talking about say Block B on here lol. Also, fans of older groups tend to be older and have less free time to waste on promoting kpop groups online because of work or families.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Members have some of the best personalities.

What happened with Wonho sucks, that's why we all call Starship Starshit

but Starshit also sucks what they did to I.M. in the beginning.

One of my absolute favorite songs and performance:

Powerhouse vocal Kihyun

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A Few Others:

• AND THIS OMFG

THIS IS JUST

*CHEF'S KISS*

External Content youtu.be

The two of them did this justice!

• I'm legit shocked learning that they are doing better than ever in Korea rn, just goes to show how little they are talked about on akp. :eyes:

Yeah, I think even little of MX fans we had here left.

But I remember them having good streaming numbers in Korean, it shocked me but it showed they have string fanbase. Plus they had successful concerts there.

• Best Answer

Hey Monbebe here and I personally love this question. I have been their fan since 2017, and didn't enter the fandom truly until 2018.

As the group progressed so did the fans, a lot of us found them in highschool and are or considering college, we have some fans that are older to and aren't necessarily on social media to promote, or talk about MX as some of the other fans, or just have busy schedules in general.

There's a lot of Korean commenters often underneath videos and livestreams, although I can't say how popular they are in Korea, I will say that they are respected.

As the members said in this video, they would always release after release music, making them a familiar face on music show stages. And were respected by a lot.

매드몬스터가 몬스타엑스보다 선배라구? 맫몬 VS 몬엑 선후배 논란, 진실은? | MONSTA X_GAMBLER | 아이돌등판 | IDDP | 셔누 민혁 기현 형원 주헌 아이엠
    매드몬스터가 몬스타엑스보다 선배라구? 맫몬 VS 몬엑 선후배 논란, 진실은? | MONSTA X_GAMBLER | 아이돌등판 | IDDP | 셔누 민혁 기현 형원 주헌 아이엠#몬스타엑스#GAMBLER#아이돌등판#New1theKOriginal#1theK#원더케이#원더케이오리지널매드몬...
    youtu.be

Cliche or not they personally really helped me with confidence, (my main biases are JH, MinHyuk, and Hyungwon) I suffered a TON in school and they were my one constitent thing I could rely on to say the least. Wonho and Joohoney especially, thanks to a vlive the two of them did regarding a gay fan, it helped me realize that yes it is okay to like the same gender and to want to be in a relationship with a girl. Even gave me the confidence to tell my parents what was wrong with my mental health and why I wanted to runaway. Which was a big thing.

I am a fan of Wonho (as previously mentioned), and I do think it divided some of the newer fans who joined the fandom because of him, his following both on his solo channel (VLOG update channel) and his official channel are really impressive, and he's getting lots of views despite his military service.

Which I wrote about here. https://www.kpopmap.com/everyt…return-from-the-military/

His latest VLOG that was uploaded today:

[ohhoho🧳] Vlog in Japan l 도쿄 최애 맛집 대공개🍽️ l 원호 WONHO
    ※ 본영상은 2022년 12월 원호의 군 복무 시작 이전에 촬영된 영상입니다.▶More informationWONHO Official Fan cafe : http://cafe.daum.net/official--wonho​WONHO Official Twitter : https://t...
    youtu.be

• For me, I think Beautiful Liar comeback really helped with their popularity and was really well done and did extremely well. Def helped with their popularity as well.

Favourite stages and performances? There's a lot to choose from, but I'll choose my to favs both from Wonho and MONSTA X.

(I have to say Blue is my favourite Wonho comeback, I'm dying for him to make the letter jackets for his team 'Blue Rabbits' official, they are so cute).

• Yeah, like someone said earlier they are past their new and shiny phase, like it would be weird to me if a bunch of people were talking about say Block B on here lol. Also, fans of older groups tend to be older and have less free time to waste on promoting kpop groups online because of work or families.

I'm also a fan of BlockB, there's a lot of Bees on twitter/X, but yes I totally agree.

• Thank you for your answer! And it warms my heart to hear how important they are for you. Monsta X were one of the groups I was most into when I discovered kpop in 2016/17.

Wonho's solo material is very good honestly, a super solid discography. I love Open Mind, Lose and Eye on You so much.

My favorite member though is Shownu, I don't know why but he gives me warm fluffy teddy bear vibes. I guess it's mainly because of the videos I've seen of him being cute to children. :teddy-pepe:

• Thank you for your answer! And it warms my heart to hear how important they are for you. Monsta X were one of the groups I was most into when I discovered kpop in 2016/17.

Wonho's solo material is very good honestly, a super solid discography. I love Open Mind, Lose and Eye on You so much.

My favorite member though is Shownu, I don't know why but he gives me warm fluffy teddy bear vibes. I guess it's mainly because of the videos I've seen of him being cute to children. :teddy-pepe:

That's a name the fandom gave him as well, or plainly just 'bear', and it suits him so so well.

I liked every Wonho era except for Blue Letter.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!