What went wrong with Kep1er?

• Music direction, shitty management, got send to queendoom and wasted time, lineup (a lot of people don't seem to like the lineup?). that shitty company that manages the group does not know how to do their job.

The queendom thing was weird, I wonder if it was media play or MNET not being able to secure more groups.

But in terms of wasting time, the girls have been busy, even overworked in some ways.

They have like 7 comebacks in 2 years. (Japan and Korea)

• The queendom thing was weird, I wonder if it was media play or MNET not being able to secure more groups.

But in terms of wasting time, the girls have been busy, even overworked in some ways.

They have like 7 comebacks in 2 years. (Japan and Korea)

yeah I know what I meant to say is that the company wasted the groups time by sending them to queendom, like that decision was so stupid.

• The first big mistake was to not release MVSK as their debut, even without Korea success. They’d gained a strong core fanbase with that sound.

Queendom, If you know I said since day one it was a mistake I remember people saying groups like Itzy and Stayc should go lol. Instead they lost their time, energy and appeal. They could’ve instead debuted in Japan with Wa Da Da Jpn version.

The lineup… while the talent is here. The charisma and cohesion make no sense to me. Xiaoting and Hikaru are stars, Dayeon is super talented but still has no appeal among non-fans.

Not debuting Hirina, only one Chinese members was a huge mistake.

The lack of identity, they just throw whatever to the public. Like what happened to their planet concept.

ZB1 is suffering from the same path unfortunately.

Wake one should never handle another group ever

• Such a shame, they've been churning out bops like crazy including Wadada which was a SOTY contender.

Wadada, We Fresh, Le Voyage, Back to the City, Galileo are all 8 to 10 level songs. Their only missteps were the summer song they did i cant remember the title and the boring promoted b side MVSK.

Their title songs are 10x better than Izone's TBH.

But 99 percent of pop success is the casting of the idol or pop star. Music is secondary unfortunately (just look at how badly megabop OTR is doing against Baddie/EW ffs). IOI and Izone both had unforgettable idols and at least for Izone, one of a kind chemistry that fans fell in love with (didnt watch enough IOI stuff to get a feel for them).

Almost every Izone member has achieved some measure of genuine success after disbandment. The soloists are the leaders of 4th gen, appearing in every famous or trendy variety show, even managing to chart in the top 100, top 50, top 30, still selling albums. IVE and LSRFM need no further explanation. Hitomi and Nako are booked and busy in Japan. Minju has another movie coming out. Only Hyewon is lagging behind.

Gonna take a miracle for Kepler to replicate this success.

• So many things.

But my top 4

1. The songs

2. Ineffective center

3. Limited short duration group, so the company isn't going to invest in them

4. Fandom full of Akgaes - Fans spending more time bashing Bahiyyih than hyping the group

• Many things. Most obviously.

Post IzOne issues. After the controversy surrounding them, the decline of elimination shows and the sour taste disbandment had on their fandom I think a lot of fans weren't interested in investing into another group in the same mold.

Too much competition. With 3rd gen still holding a large portion of the Kpop population and the huge rise of several big GG's of 4th gen LSF, NJ, Aespa, IVE, etc just ate up too much of the limited market. You can only get so many slices from one pie and Kep1er got scraps.

No identity or brand identification. Who are they for? What is their concept, image, sound? What do they do better or different than the many already established and popular GG's? I don't see anything overly interesting or unique.

• That is a perfect one-line summation of the group. ¬‿¬

I see that girl getting so much hate from ppl cuz "nepo baby" and the funniest thing is that group should be grateful for her. Let's be honest, without that publicity no one would even remember their name. The only articles I see are abt her.

• Another question, How would you rank the following Girl groups? (1 to 10) and why?

Apink

EXID

Fromis_9

Itzy

KARA

Kep1er

Mamamoo

NMIXX

Oh My Girl

Stay C

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!