Do you believe the Kpop industry is intentionally trying to sabotage Itzy?

• Like they used to run K-pop when Wannabe dropped, but now not a single MAMA nominations for main awards. What actually happened?

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Back when I was a newer k-pop Stan, Itzy was indeed a lot more popular and dominated the charts in Korea consistently during not only WANNABE era, but LOCO era as well. I think nowadays there are such a big variety of talented girl groups with promising visuals, amazing talents that appeal to different audiences, popular members, and more. I'm not saying Itzy is untalented, visually unappealing, or don't have popular members, because they do. However because JYP is giving ITZY songs that aren't necessarily the best, unfortunately many fans are bashing heir discography.

When there's too much of something, some people go look for new things, for the better or for the worse.

• Their song quality went downhill after wannabe, wannabe is still one of my most favourite songs. Also in early 2021 when they were at their peak they have the privilege of being the only big4 4th gen gg so a lot of people focused on them because of their big4 background but after Debut of aespa and so many other new big4 4th gen ggs, that novelty of itzy faded away and they got forgotten. Also lia bullying scandal ruined their reputation in korea.

• No, they are too busy sabotaging my faves to care about Itzy.

• What happened? They stopped being good at their job.

Their last few comebacks/releases have been disappointing based on charting, awards, etc.

We all know why. It’s not due to lack of talent, rather it’s because of three simple letters. JYP. Give them better music. It’s that easy.

• Nobody is sabotaging them except their own company.

The MAMA awards aren't gonna nominate a group that hasn't done anything spectacular this whole year except release bad music (no shade to members, just the company) ITZY have fallen off bad and it's not anything rude to say it's just the truth. I feel bad for ITZY because when they first DEBUTED I was a huge midzy, I loved Icy and all their b-sides. Now everything is just meh, so-so, and bad.

Iu Cute GIF - Iu Cute Bel Ami GIFs

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• As other have said, their songs is not good enough, and to be honest they have too many not good enough songs. Wannabe was great and I also think Bet on Me is great, but a lot of their other songs is just not that good.

I would say the fate of ITZY is pretty common. You get a group that is hyped at the start, they debut with some songs that is not great but at least okay and all their fans pretend that their songs are great, but in reality they are not that good. It works for maybe 1-2 years but after that people start to accept their songs are not that good and public start too loose the intrest in the group. I would say AESPA is a bit similar.

• I would say AESPA is a bit similar.

You mean aespa is similar ?

Are we talking about aespa the girlgroup who was able to get #1 against Lesserafim and Ive some of the top gg of 4th gen in june when everybody were saying that they would have no chance

The 4th gen gg who got tokyo dome sold out for 2 days

And was able to get a make an english song chart for weeks in melon without even promoting it

I think i'm pretty objective if i say that this comment was really delusional

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Aepsa got ended by Queencard with ease

• Nobody is sabotaging them and i think kpop fans needs to stop finding excuses

Itzy was at the top when neither aespa, ive, newjeans or lesserafim debuted

So pratically when no top 4th gen group debuted that's why there were at the top

It's the rule of supply and demand

When there's a lot of demand but only one offer you're going to settle for the only options you have

When 4th gen debuted Itzy was the only options koreans had to get interest in

Izone was a temporary offer

And g-idle didn't find their brand yet and were from a mid tier company they couldn't gather enough interest

In the 2-3 years after itzy debuted more bug company started to debut their 4th gen girlgroup

And when a market is suddenly flood with much more options people are most of the time going to abandon the old offer for something newer, and more fitted for them

That's what happens to itzy

I personally find the "JYP give them bad music which is different from their old sound when they were successfull" is just a lame excuses kpop fans find to explain this

But this excuses was good pre-Loco era

Because JYP literally gave to fans what they asked, he hired galactika to work on itzy song again

Ifans and koreans fans when the song got released were saying how it'll be a hit and it sounded like old itzy

But the song still flopped

The only reason to this lack of success of itzy for the past years

Is that they debuted too soon, with no competition and when real competition happened they weren't fitted enough for what the public of 4th gen expected

Because it's not just in term of charting , even in term of fandom sales they are way behind other 4th gen group like ive, aespa, nj,lsrf even if they debuted years before them

So even kpop community isn't as interest in kpop than they were, it's not just the gp who lost focus on them because the competition was more attractive to them

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Like most groups who debuted early in a new generation, they were overhyped (not necessarily overrated, just overhyped) at debut. All attention was on them. Doesn’t help that dalla dalla and wannabe are their best songs, both released when they were just rookies. That and because of their succes they had quite some token stans. Now those token stans moved on and new girlgroups have debuted for them to focus on.

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited once, last by lialve ().

• JYP has sabotaged all his group, not just ITZY

their last good charting song was POP :skull:

with how much profit they have, I doubt they don't have the money to choose a gp friendly songs

• ITZY is a girl group from the first phase of the 4th generation, which was influenced by the Teencrush concept. With this concept, the 4th gen was unable to hold its own against the third generation for a long time. ITZY is also the only group that has been able to celebrate success with this concept.

Other notable Teencrush groups include Weki Meki, Rocket Punch, Woo!Ah!, Secret Number and Cherry Bullet.

Then STAYC had their first major success with Stereotype. Stereotype was the first song that was described as youtful, IVE then as the first youtful girl group and then especially NewJeans.

2021 saw the beginning of less of a new concept and more of a new development. This could be described as the second phase of the 4th generation, which can now surpass the 3rd generation with new freshness and new ideas.

ITZY have also developed, they are significantly more successful and popular than they were two years ago. In my opinion there should have been a nomination, even if an award win against IVE, NewJeans, LE SSERAFIM and (G)I-DLE's Queencard would be unlikely.

My personal top 5 songs from ITZY:

1. Nobody Likes You

2. Wannabe

3. ICY

4. Not Shy

5. Cheshire

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!