Le Sserafim and Overwatch 2 Team up in new Collab Event

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

First it was New Jeans x League of Legends

Now LSF is crossing over with Overwatch

https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-us/news/24017191/:

Today we are announcing Overwatch 2's first-ever in-game musical artist collaboration. We’re teaming up with K-pop sensation, LE SSERAFIM.

One of the fastest growing K-pop groups on the planet, this fearless group of five (KIM CHAEWON, SAKURA, HUH YUNJIN, KAZUHA, and HONG EUNCHAE) bring their talents to Overwatch 2 this season, with the music video for LE SSERAFIM's new single, Perfect Night, which will debut Thursday, October 26 at 9 pm PDT.

This collab also will feature a LE SSERAFIM-inspired game mode and exclusive in-game items, including Legendary hero skins. Details will be revealed on Monday, October 30, with content going live in-game on November 1.

LE SSERAFIM will also make an appearance at BlizzCon on November 4 to perform Perfect Night in the BlizzCon Arena following the conclusion of the Community Night. Tickets are available at the BlizzCon official site.

• ThePhantomThief

Changed the title of the thread from “Le Sserafim x Overwatch” to “Le Sserafim and Overwatch 2 Team up in new Collab Event”.
  • F8uwdR3XkAATKcj?format=jpg&name=large

Im confused between the second from left and second from right, which one is kazuha and which one is sakura? The second from left seems sakura and second from right seems kazuha but they are not as distict as the other three members tho

This is what i thought when I saw it. From left to right:

Yunjin, Sakura, Chaewon, Kazuha, Eunchae.

But it doesn't match their hair colors this comeback - like Eunchae is blonde this cb, but there is no way the last on the right with black hair isn't her in my mind.

Sakura's eyes are bigger, so that's why I think the left one is here. I think it's Kazuha that looks the least distinct - I pegged second from right as her by process of elimination

• This therefore confirms that it is indeed HYBE which allows these groups to have these opportunities and not their talents.

Many already knew it but at least it's confirmed and the idiot fandoms won't be able to deny it, even if I don't doubt the stupidity of the HYBE stans here who will tell me the opposite.

Anyway, it's a great opportunity for LESSERAFIM, I hope they took a nice sum for this collaboration. I very much doubt that Blizzard will continue to keep this dead game on life support for much longer.

• This is what i thought when I saw it. From left to right:

Yunjin, Sakura, Chaewon, Kazuha, Eunchae.

But it doesn't match their hair colors this comeback - like Eunchae is blonde this cb, but there is no way the last on the right with black hair isn't her in my mind.

that’s bc this artwork took heavy inspiration from the styling in antifragile era, not their upcoming cb. Chaewon’s two-tone hair is a dead giveaway, and their outfits are also obviously a reference to this set in the mv and also during antifragile’s promotion period

LE%20SSERAFIM%20ANTIFRAGILE%20MEDIA%20SHOWCASE%20(1).jpg

• I'm excited because it's Le Sserafim. I'm skeptical because it's Blizzard. They're not getting a dime from me, and I will not login to OW2 if the only way to get these skins is swiping my credit card, not even as a D.va main since OW1 launch

Happy for LSFM though!

• Sakura is second on left just look at nose and you will get it :)

also damn years back I would say I love it

but now how Blizzard became and with the situation that Microsoft acquired them well I'm not sure

still if song is good and if fans will attend Blizzcon for Le Sserafim then maybe it will be good?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I like it. Always interesting to see what features artists highlight to differentiate LE SSERAFIM members. It was the hairstyle and eyes in the Unforgiven sped-up Japanese version upped on Ado's channel:

External Content www.youtube.com

• This therefore confirms that it is indeed HYBE which allows these groups to have these opportunities and not their talents.

Many already knew it but at least it's confirmed and the idiot fandoms won't be able to deny it, even if I don't doubt the stupidity of the HYBE stans here who will tell me the opposite.

Anyway, it's a great opportunity for LESSERAFIM, I hope they took a nice sum for this collaboration. I very much doubt that Blizzard will continue to keep this dead game on life support for much longer.

:eyes: Someone's hot and bothered. What's happening dude?

• I just see that HYBE has a long arm, first it was the Little Mermaid OST then the song with League of Legends and now this.
    (G)I-DLE had gained popularity with RIOT collab, this type of work is an opportunity and showcase your talent to a wider audience unfortunately the dice are loaded now.

HYBE has a long arm, but these opportunities have never been about handing them out to groups in a way that all would consider equitable. Big companies are more likely to collaborate with other big companies. It was just a couple years ago that Mamamoo got to perform at Blizzcon, and that was only made possible because of their outstanding careers and putting RBW on the map.

HYBE, at least, was a no-name company nobody would've ever predicted reaching these heights just 10 years ago, and what's the point of increasing your capital and exponentially raising your value as a company if you don't leverage it to give your idols, the main source of your revenue, the best promotions possible?

If I were a fan of a group from a big company (and I suppose I am now), these are the kinds of collabs I would hope for.

HYBE isn't the bad actor here. Blizzard is. Because they suck. But that's a rant for another forum.

• if you don't leverage it to give your idols, the main source of your revenue, the best promotions possible?

If I were a fan of a group from a big company (and I suppose I am now), these are the kinds of collabs I would hope for.

I don't refute this, as I said at the end of my first post, I at least hope that these groups make a lot of money from this. I am not fooled by the functioning of industry and business, and I also complain when some of my favs who belong to large agencies do not enjoy these privileges enough (*cough* Fuck you JYP Div2 *cough*).

What I'm saying is that it wastes important opportunities for many groups for whom these collaborations can give them access to a new audience and can be important factors in their career. Groups that are stuck between the most popular and least popular zone in particular (Stay C, Everglow, Dreamcatcher, XG...). These groups also have talents and things to offer but unfortunately they never have the opportunity because there are privileges that destroy all these possible chances every time.

I think that everyone who has experienced several generations in kpop comes to the same observation as me, that the big agencies are more and more powerful and that the crumbs left to others are smaller and smaller. If we take groups that emerged from nothing in the past like BTS, Mamamoo or Sistar, would they still be able to do it today in an industry that is even more locked down and with even fiercer competition than before? I like to think probably yes, even today there are still groups emerging but their growth is much slower and the room for maneuver seems to be reduced each year and that's what bothers me personally, merit almost no longer exists.

• Someone just discovered how capitalism works and is now throwing a hissy fit that corporations aren’t a charity or talent show and don’t hand out prizes to reward who’s supposed to “deserve” it as opposed to who don’t :pepe-joy:

These collaborations already imply in the very definition of their name that they’re two-way streets designed to benefit both sides. The only thing companies care about is increasing their own profits and prestige, so why the fuck would they employ a nugu artist that don’t benefit them in any way for their project just to placate some kpop stans’ ridiculously stupid and naively false sense of entitlement :pepe-joy: Again, this ain’t a talent show, so crying your snobby arse that talents don’t matter in these decisions wah wah is peak kpop stans behaviour. It’s been established in every single industry, not just music, that having the right connections is the only thing that matters, and talents are irrelevant if they don’t generate as much revenue. You think kendall jenner gets so many gigs like she does bc she’s got insane out-of-this-world modeling talents? :pepe-cringe: And then acting like hybe’s ggs are the lowest of the lowest when it comes to talents, when the groups suggested to be more “deserving” replacements that were mentioned really aren’t as overwhelmingly superior as you think they are :pepe-cringe: Just cringe

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!