Yeonjun criticized for saying he wants boy groups to chart as well as girl groups

• Many say girl groups have to go through much more than boy groups so Yeonjun shouldn't say that. Do u agree?

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well it’s true that boygroups chart bad in comparison with girlgroups. And I think he didn’t say he wanted boygroups to chart as good as girlgroups, just that he wants them to chart well too/ to have more boygroups songs in the chart than that it has now probably.

Personally I agree that there’s many good boygroup songs. But also that boygroup music became worse the past year. So if they didn’t chart high all this time, I don’t think it will change that easily

• it's very risky to say in such moment

they've sold 1.9M copies in 1st day

it can backfire because people will say that girl groups get half of that in 1st week of sales...

and yet he wants to chart good as well when he already gets two times more money from those album sales

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I fail to see how his statement erases the fact that girl groups often face greater challenges in the music industry. Just because they encounter difficulties doesn't mean they can't also have some advantages.

It is indeed true that male groups often struggle to chart high, and many of them release high-quality music. However, it's also a fact that people tend to show more interest in listening to girl groups. Both of these things can coexist as true without negating each other.

In my opinion, he isn't making any offensive remarks. In the context of the fourth generation of K-pop, boy groups often rely heavily on fan support and struggle to gain widespread public attention, which can be disheartening for music artists. Regardless of whether you believe they have it less challenging, I think his feelings about this are valid, and he should be allowed to express them.

• I absolutely don't see what's controversial in his statement

We have the same discussion everyday here

And why people are trying to bring gg struggle here, never in his statement he deny how much struggle gg have to face

And he have the right like every gg when his fandom will have move on to something new or just get older and give up on them

To still be proud to have his kid comes to him talking about one of his song who left a lasting impact in korea like nl, love dive etc....

And i know people like to act like idols are stupid if you don't tell them how to think but they are not

It's not how much they sold etc.... Who help them to build a big career in the long term

In 10-15years it's not the idol who sold 5M copies but were never able to have a hit in korea that will appear in tv show and gets big career in korea

It's the idols who had hits and will be able to bring some rating to the show because koreans will want to heard the behind the scene stories that this groups have and because they know them

So his comments about wanting to chart as well as gg is legitimate

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• I understand what he mean because it's so embarassing actually to sell a lots of albums but barely any people knowing their songs. It just show that probably most of their fans only love their face but not their works because obviously even in Korea, bg have bigger fanbase than gg. Gp play part in make gg chart but bg sell more in Korea than gg too but those millions copies didn't turn into millions streams to make them at least top the chart in one hour.

But again, gg definitely make better, listenable and enjoyable songs at least for me in this gen. There's a reason why 2nd and 3rd gen bg can charts just fine but 4th gen bg are not. Boy groups should ask this question to themselves and to whoever make their discography.

• Well it’s true that boygroups chart bad in comparison with girlgroups. And I think he didn’t say he wanted boygroups to chart as good as girlgroups, just that he wants them to chart well too/ to have more boygroups songs in the chart than that it has now probably.

Personally I agree that there’s many good boygroup songs. But also that boygroup music became worse the past year. So if they didn’t chart high all this time, I don’t think it will change that easily

The reason why boygroup don’t chart is not because of the quality of the music.

Let’s be honest, from the big 4 the only girl group that make “good” music is NJ and even them are approaching elevator music territory now.

The rest of the GG make noise music or basic pop songs like BG. GG only chart because they have female AND male stans while BG have mostly female stans because they have this image of music for teenage girls although the music is the same.

And they’re nothing wrong with what he said but most K-pop stans are just bunch of heinous humans always trying to have the competition cancelled.

• The reason why boygroup don’t chart is not because of the quality of the music.

Let’s be honest, from the big 4 the only girl group that make “good” music is NJ and even them are approaching elevator music territory now.

The rest of the GG make noise music or basic pop songs like BG. GG only chart because they have female AND male stans while BG have mostly female stans because they have this image of music for teenage girls although the music is the same.

And they’re nothing wrong with what he said but most K-pop stans are just bunch of heinous humans always trying to have the competition cancelled.

That’s true about that not being the reason but I do think it helps

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!