Taehyung got support for wearing durag while other idols got dragged?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Screenshot_2023-10-09-00-36-28-90_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

8k quotes

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

People are not happy

• You know this cultural appropriation is getting so tiring. I say let a K-pop artist do what they want.

We seen many western artist wearing Japanese Kimono's or using Chinese Hand fans too.

• Wait to answer why Taehyung got support and other idols got dragged.

It may seem hypocritical but Taeyhung is a BTS member (world biggest boyband) and that's it.

• You know this cultural appropriation is getting so tiring. I say let a K-pop artist do what they want.

We seen many western artist wearing Japanese Kimono's or using Chinese Hand fans too.

Because in Asia ca doesn't exist nor does it exist in most of the world. Most people will gladly openly accept help and endorse you embracing their culture and wearing their clothes. This is only a fake woke western issue.

But on topic of what op posted it's true BTS gets a pass for what everyone else gets cancelled for that's real interesting

If you don’t want people to wear Kimonos or use Chinese hand fans you can start a campaign, I don’t believe non Asians will have a problem with that. We will survive.

• If you don’t want people to wear Kimonos or use Chinese hand fans you can start a campaign, I don’t believe non Asians will have a problem with that. We will survive.

I'm non Asian myself.

It's not just Kimonos and hand fans.

Rihanna wore Chinese traditional dress

• If you don’t want people to wear Kimonos or use Chinese hand fans you can start a campaign, I don’t believe non Asians will have a problem with that. We will survive.

How many non Asians make money off of Asian martial arts? Asian spiritualism? Asian food? Asian languages? Will they survive too if they are prohibited from making money off those Asian cultural artifacts?

Cultural exploitation happens everywhere. Calling out Kpop idols alone for stealing black culture is the height of hypocrisy. I would argue that language is 100x more valuable than a hairstyle or a piece of clothing or even music yet we have millions of non Asian people exploiting Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Arabic, Hindi, etc and profiting off of their knowledge and expertise in those languages while working as interpreters, translators, consultants, foreign trade, etc. Why are none of these ever cancelled? Why is it that only Asian idols are ever called out for CA for wearing durags or dreads or gold teef?

• I'm non Asian myself.

It's not just Kimonos and hand fans.

Rihanna wore Chinese traditional dress

IMG_8472.jpg

Why I’m not surprised you’re not Asian or Black?!

By the way this was for Bazaar China, was shot by a Chinese photographer (I believe) and Rihanna was still called out for CA for it, so I’m not sure what your point is. People should be called out for CA or they should not? Or maybe you’re saying that only black people should be called out for CA???

Edited once, last by LCJK ().

• How many non Asians make money off of Asian martial arts? Asian spiritualism? Asian food? Asian languages? Will they survive too if they are prohibited from making money off those Asian cultural artifacts?

Cultural exploitation happens everywhere. Calling out Kpop idols alone for stealing black culture is the height of hypocrisy. I would argue that language is 100x more valuable than a hairstyle or a piece of clothing or even music yet we have millions of non Asian people exploiting Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Arabic, Hindi, etc and profiting off of their knowledge and expertise in those languages while working as interpreters, translators, consultants, foreign trade, etc. Why are none of these ever cancelled? Why is it that only Asian idols are ever called out for CA for wearing durags or dreads or gold teef?

Again start a campaign, start telling everyone to stop Asian food, Kung Fu or Asian language… I’m with you girl.

• How many non Asians make money off of Asian martial arts? Asian spiritualism? Asian food? Asian languages? Will they survive too if they are prohibited from making money off those Asian cultural artifacts?

1 time.

I need you to not be a complete idiot just 1 time.

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• 1 time.

I need you to not be a complete idiot just 1 time.

Sorry, i am 100 percent right on this. It's the HEIGHT of hypocrisy to me. Somehow "culture" has been reduced to hairstyles, clothing and music styles. Yet other huge aspects of culture like language or other things like cuisine, sports, etc get completely ignored by the SJWs.

• People are missing the point of this thread. The discussion shouldn't be about whether or not wearing the durag is OK. It is about why the reaction of some fans is different depending on which idol is doing it.

• People are missing the point of this thread. The discussion shouldn't be about whether or not wearing the durag is OK. It is about why the reaction of some fans is different depending on which idol is doing it.

I think we all know why. I won't single out Armys alone, every fanbase does it. Cultural Appropriation Accusations for thee and not for me (or my faves).

• Sorry, i am 100 percent right on this. It's the HEIGHT of hypocrisy to me. Somehow "culture" has been reduced to hairstyles, clothing and music styles. Yet other huge aspects of culture like language or other things like cuisine, sports, etc get completely ignored by the SJWs.

To be this ignorant, especially considering how often you force yourself into this topic, has to be a deliberately choice and it's a waste of my time to spend it on someone so determined to be stupid fr

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• durags are used for protecting hair so no

• I can't speak for other race

But like if someone wore like a Qipao or a Chinese ethnicity outfit or something personally I wouldn't get offended so long it isn't disrespectful or mocking my culture

This is true for most of us in Asia and most of the world that isn't the west. Cultural approation doesn't exist. Most people here will be happy that you like our culture and will help you wear the clothing etc and encourage you to adopt the culture. This ca crap is only a western problem

• I only knew durags existed and were worn mostly by African-American men when one of the idols I follow wore it for one of his comebacks. I thought he or his stylists could have researched it more, but I didn¡t see people dragging him for it.

And I am a person of black ascendence myself, but durags are not worn in my country.

• ive worn scarfs that way while running when i had long hair on top

i vaguely know its a thing but wasnt aware only black people are allowed to wear it

is that problematic

Theres actually a difference between scarves, bandannas, headscarves and durags

I touched on it on a previous post:

And because durags are specifically designed for hair protection/maintenance, and almost entirely for use with black hair types... why does this guy even have one? Seems weird.

• He was given one as a gift. It explains why he has one. Like I mentioned before this Ca stuff is bullshit and only a issue in the west. Most countries and their people will happily accept you and WANT you to experience their culture adopt and embrace it including getting you dressed up in their traditional clothing teaching you the customs and language and wanting you to take that with you wherever you go. But for some reason people in the west got dropped on their heads instead want to gatekeep everything and keep people segregated and divided only increasing racism not removing it. People coming together removes it, dividing people brings it up.

I bet you a black friend or colleague he has worked with gave it to him thinking it would look nice on him. Not thinking some clowns 🤡🤡 would get offended. Plus in most parts of the world if someone gifted you something you use it as a sign of respect. Just like if i gave you a hanbok you would wear it without issue. Nobody would get upset because Asians especially Korea the idea of cultural approation is alien to us it's like telling us the earth is a apple, we look at you like you were insane . That's how the majority of the world sees this shit

• Unless the Chinese appropriate kimchi and hanbok?

Yes there's a difference between real appropriation and appreciation. With the hanbok and kimchi thing the Chinese government was claiming it was their thing their culture etc etc. Whereas an idol or random Asian person wearing a durags has never been like hey i invented this this is our culture etc etc. What China did is the textbook definition of what cultural appropriation means. Whereas iclowns🤡🤡 misuse these words to apply to anything just like when people say damn near everything is racist, completely devaluing the word by trying to make everything it

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!