Hybe’s Dream Academy is flopping hard after initial hype

• What was your title? It auto choose the first title made on merge

It was something pretty basic, lol. Like Dream Academy Korean Fanmeet Only Had 35 People, something very straight to the point.

Of course, I wasn't requesting to have the title changed for the OP thread or anything lol. I was just shocked since it doesn't send a notification when your thread is merged with a different one.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• It was something pretty basic, lol. Like Dream Academy Korean Fanmeet Only Had 35 People, something very straight to the point.

Of course, I wasn't requesting to have the title changed for the OP thread or anything lol. I was just shocked since it doesn't send a notification when your thread is merged with a different one.

Ah, yea threads get reported as dupes and mods can select the title, but the merge function auto selects the first thread title made if you don't change it manually. So it's easy to just hit merge instead of paying attention. If the title isn't really eye catching like ALL CAPS REALLY LONG, I don't think it really gets looked at.

• I mean I guess it doesn't really matter if the prerelease show and all that is popular right now.

As long as once the girls actually debut, they have hype and attention, from their album and concepts...then they'll be good.

Popular pre-release show = high anticipation toward the release + sizable chunk of pre-release fans. And, these do not matter? At all?

For many people that's all that matters... :pepe-notes::pepe-clown-gear:

No surprise that their govt is acting the way it is.

I think this completely cements the fact that this group is in no way marketed for Korea. It was also revealed recently that one of the girls is openly queer, so people thinking this group is somehow KPOP with Westerners can drop it lol. Korea is not checking for Dream Academy.

So that begs the question, why did they even have a fanmeet in Korea!? :skull::holding-back-tears:;(

Should have had it in LA!? I would have tried to go. Like, HYBE, you have some real stars, please don't fumble the bag!? Ya'll already fumbled Adela.

Yes. They definitely gave no crap to Korean market thus, there were Korean contestants, fanmeet in Korea (and not LA) and the training in Korea to perform songs of Korean group with a surprise visit of the said group.

A+ level of logic thinking.

• Popular pre-release show = high anticipation toward the release + sizable chunk of pre-release fans. And, these do not matter? At all?

No surprise that their govt is acting the way it is.

Yes. They definitely gave no crap to Korean market thus, there were Korean contestants, fanmeet in Korea (and not LA) and the training in Korea to perform songs of Korean group with a surprise visit of the said group.

A+ level of logic thinking.

And the Korean fanmeet flopped. Why? Because HYBE has not been advertising there.

HYBE, one of the biggest companies in Korea, couldn't get 100 people to show up to an event? No one believes that. They didn't show up because no one knew about it or were interested, and why is that? Because HYBE is not putting importance or focus on them in Korea. Like, duh.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• nana18 this is exactly what we were talking about the other day!

Yes exactly (I’m such a great analyst 8))

In all seriousness I really don’t get what these companies want do they want a K-pop fanbase ? An international kpop fanbase ?or a fanbase that is completely outside of K-pop ? One thing for sure Korea is a really wrong choice for these international groups simply because they don’t match the Korea gg vibes that Koreans love so why try to cater to them ?

I expected more from Hyde

ShufenShufen

Edited once, last by nana18 ().

• I feel like these Hybe survival groups should flop once so that they realize just because they have money doesn't mean they can do whatever the heck they want. These last 2 survival projects have been embarassing flops and such a waste of money imo.

• btw can you tell me the queer girls name?

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• One thing for sure Korea is a really wrong choice for these international groups simply because they don’t match the Korea gg vibes that Koreans love so why try to cater to them ?

Search up XG.

And the Korean fanmeet flopped. Why? Because HYBE has not been advertising there.

HYBE, one of the biggest companies in Korea, couldn't get 100 people to show up to an event? No one believes that. They didn't show up because no one knew about it or were interested, and why is that? Because HYBE is not putting importance or focus on them in Korea. Like, duh.

So, because something is flop, it did not happen? HYBE did not want Boynextdoor to be popular? YG did not want Treasure to be a top boy group?

Definitely a logical genius!

• Search up XG.

So, because something is flop, it did not happen? HYBE did not want Boynextdoor to be popular? YG did not want Treasure to be a top boy group?

Definitely a logical genius!

100 people?

If you're not getting it, I don't have any more conversation for you.

jake-gyllenhaal-kiss.gif

• The entire XG strategy is to promote as a K-pop group so it makes that they promote in Korea but not for dream academy

LMFAO

Avex’s CEO Katsumi Kuroiwa on the Challenges of Creating Global Hits: Interview
    Billboard Japan interviewed Kuroiwa in recognition of his selection for the 2023 International Power Players list.
    www.billboard.com

If DA ain't gonna be promoted on Korean shows, where will it be? America's Got Talent or Good Morning America, campus showcase tour, radio play and magazine interviews?

• LMFAO

https://www.billboard.com/musi…iwa-interview-1235419312/

If DA ain't gonna be promoted on Korean shows, where will it be? America's Got Talent or Good Morning America, campus showcase tour, radio play and magazine interviews?

I can’t even get my local radio station to play any XG song especially Left Right. I kept sending emails on their request notification.

• I can’t even get my local radio station to play any XG song especially Left Right. I kept sending emails on their request notification.

You probably would have an easier time if you had HYBE money and connections. I heard "Hitman" Bang himself is invested in this Dream Academy, still I'm skeptical about this group.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!