What are some strong contenders for SOTY (Song Of The Year) ?

• My guesses are:

Super Shy

Seven (depends cause it's in English but Dynamite did win SOTY even though it was in English; then again many are loving Seven both in Korea and int. so you never know)

S-Class

what are your picks for SOTY?

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• Do you mean in terms of personal preference or commercial success? And if the latter, domestically or internally?

If we’re just talking about the biggest hits of the year in general, then these are the only choices so far:

Ditto

I am

Cupid

Queencard

Super shy

Seven

It’s been a super dry year for sure. It’s 2021 all over again lol

• I personally would not add S-Class.

I'd replace that one with Like Crazy as Like Crazy did better than it both for global stats and in korea

(btw for me rn.. i'm mainly talking about MAMA as that is the only one that includes global stats)

when it comes to other ones like MMA and GDa.. it will be mainly NJs, GIDLE and IVE songs and maybe Seven

• Oh yea, completely forgot about Queencard

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• something that could be "bad" for cupid at like MAMA is the fact that the english version is the one that did well spotify while the korean ver is the one that did well in korea... so stats will be split

Thank you for the Information, I'm not very familiar with the stats of all these songs!

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• true

cause some didn't like the rather 'experimental' sound in S-Class

and I forgot to add Like Crazy but later posted it

Jimin did do soooo well with Like Crazy (the only 'down-side' was the backlash for the choreo but whatever) and he should get a nom for that

Ig yeah

BGs in 2023 haven't done much (SUPER by seventeen maybe might get nominated? i mean their album sold extremely well) but GG's have done a lot

Seven should hopefully see at least one nom maybe

• BGs will likely be the main nominees in the album of the year noms (except MMA which is digital and will likely again be between IVE,NJs and GIDLE).

while GGs will likely be the main nominees for SOTY

Super by SVT did do well and they'll likely get top 10 at MMA as well as probably the male group award.

Artist (excep MMA which again due to its digital nature will have mainly the acts at the top of the digital charts.. ie GGs) will likely be a mix of BGs (due to their physicals) and GGs (due to their digitals).

• Thank you for the Information, I'm not very familiar with the stats of all these songs!

Cupid is probably one of the few cases where its split like this.

where

Korea: their korean ver performed better

Internationally: eng ver performed better

and since korean charts like circle do not combine those vers.. and these award shows use those stats seperate as well. Which will put cupid at a disadvantage.

Another somewhat example of this is with Jimin for Like Crazy... the only difference is for him is that one version did the best both internationally and in korea.

Korea: LC korean ver performed better

Internationally: LC korean ver performed better

so for him, he won't be at a disadvantage cause of the versions.

I do still think cupids eng ver could be nominated at MAMA purely due to its streams being high but it'll not have as much korean digitals as people might expect as the award shows will likely not use the better charting cupid ver on korean charts cause of the split

• BGs will likely be the main nominees in the album of the year noms (except MMA which is digital and will likely again be between IVE,NJs and GIDLE).

while GGs will likely be the main nominees for SOTY

Super by SVT did do well and they'll likely get top 10 at MMA as well as probably the male group award.

Artist (excep MMA which again due to its digital nature will have mainly the acts at the top of the digital charts.. ie GGs) will likely be a mix of BGs (due to their physicals) and GGs (due to their digitals).

true

for AOTY, i can see Stray Kids & SVT being nominated given to their amazing sales

both will have noms yet GGs & BGs will dominate in different categories

• I second these choices!

* * * * * * •×• * * * * * *

• Jimin did do soooo well with Like Crazy (the only 'down-side' was the backlash for the choreo but

wait this is new for me. there was no actual backlash for the Like Crazy's choreo, even from the k-armys. people were just surprised at first, no one was hating on it.

• Digital Domestic (MMA, GMA)- Ditto/I am in a close battle by the end of the tracking period, despite the Ditto Headstart, Queencard a distant third by then given it was released later, anything else probably just probably won't make up the digitals

Circle -

January will be OMG, Feb Super, March Kitsch, April I am, May Queencard/Unforgiven (LSF explained below), not really sure for June/July, August will be Seven.

Only unknown about Circle is Unforgiven. There was a week in June I think it was, where Spicy was ahead of Unforgiven in every domestic chart possible, and unforgiven had slightly more digital points then Spicy. No-one can make sense of it. So it's hard to gauge where their combined domestic digitals + international will land in comparison to Queencard, which was more successful, but had a slower start.

The other months are all very predictable.

Digital/Phyiscal Domestic/International (Mama)-

Cupid, Seven, plus the above 3 of Ditto/I am/Queencard. Maybe Super by BSS?

Some of this is going to very much come down to jury/judge votes, and I guess it'll remain to be seen where they land, but I think Ditto will most likely take both the domestic and the international.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!