Does plastic surgery count as a lie...?

• Idols' careers involve them having to lie about many things from their love lives to their wants and other private things.

I recently discussed with someone about the things that celebrities lie about to succeed and to have longevity and we couldn't conclude on whether changing one's appearance permanently counts as a lie or not.

What do you think?

Also when do you think it's ok for idols to lie?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 2 questions

1. in regards to is Plastic Surgery a lie - no unless they actively lie about it

If someone asks (which they shouldn't in the first place) and the idol answers either in the affirmative or negative (instead of mind your bloody business) and their answer turns out to be a lie then they lied.

If they don't say anything since nobody asked then no it's not a lie

2. when do you think it's ok for an idol to lie

most of the time when they are on camera - they have to be perfect and smile and 110% etc etc - if they get asked like questions their fav song of course they might lie and say their current release since it's to their benefit - little white lies like that that don't hurt anybody go for it in my opinion

• No issues with surgery if it makes someone happy. My issue is when they endorse products calling them natural beauty. And it promotes toxic beauty standards among people.

That's dangerous.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Lying about plastic surgery isn't an issue unless you're promoting products falsely saying it'll make other people look like you. Like Cardi selling laxative teas while getting lipo

Omg 😱

• This makes so much sense, thank you.

• I think idols should not be forced to share details about their plastic surgery, I consider that as something private and as a choice. Just how I won't ask you for your weight, because it is ride, I won't ask you about your ps unless you speak about it.

But idols lying about it and said they got new face because of PuBErTy and MiLk will always get side eye from me :coming-bee:

• Yep, it's the deliberate false marketing meant to deceive people that's the issue. I mean are people "lying" when they wear makeup? False eyelashes? Push-up bras? Hell, shoe lifts????

At this rate, all artificial beauty lovers are liars. 🫣

• Yep, it's the deliberate false marketing meant to deceive people that's the issue. I mean are people "lying" when they wear makeup? False eyelashes? Push up bras? Hell, shoe lifts????

This also reminds me of the makeup no makeup look ;judgingpepe:

• If plastic surgery counts as a lie in and of itself, then so does wearing make-up. All women are liars. You heard it here first! :pepe-hehe:

This makes me think of the things men do to lie lol!

• TwiceKaren lol your comment made me laugh so hard. Seriously how delusional are some fans to even think that way. Thank god I only respect them for their music!!! Seriously Idols are not your dates or romantic partners. How dumb can some fans be??! 🙄😆😆😆😆

• i wouldnt call it a lie but i dont think making surgery the norm is good for society long-term either

I agree.

• get better men in your life my friend ;-)

at least you've got LSM in your life!!! I've never lied in my life!!!

:boompepe: you've made my day.

• They can lie all they want, if anything is the delulu dumb fan's fault for believing idols don't lie, if you are naive enough to believe your idols actually love you and are pure virgins 30 years old then that's on you

:pepe-high-five:

Many stans think that their favs only tell the truth. It's strange but true. ;judgingpepe:

• TwiceKaren lol your comment made me laugh so hard. Seriously how delusional are some fans to even think that way. Thank god I only respect them for their music!!! Seriously Idols are not your dates or romantic partners. How dumb can some fans be??! 🙄😆😆😆😆

Watch them come for you for pointing out the fact that their favs lie lol!

• sonemariam Omg!!! How funny would that be!! I am not wrong though!! I'm just spilling the truth😂😆😆😆😆😆😆😆 Seriously their making this situation turn into a drama or something!! Geez!! 😁

Lol! When they are in that position, I mostly feel bad for them.

Imagine attacking someone for pointing out the lies told by your favs! But, some outgrow the delusion after some time so I guess all they need is time.

• sonemariam True! Time is a necessity. I just hope fans can one day outgrow the delusions and realise the truth behind K Pop and their Artists. I just don't want their innocent hearts get broken or them finding out their fave's true personality which would be the complete opposite of what they expect. I see your point on why you feel bad for them. Great analysis. 🙂

• Ah this one :eyes:

I have my own techniques master

Techniques of a cheater lol! Please share, I need to know them too.

This thread is fun.

• I dont think it's lying. Unless endorsing some beauty product that's giving a false reality. We always hear that idols are forced to get ps. Lying saying they didn't or never talking about it I feel is fine its a very personal thing even if forced they may be ashamed. I dont wear make up never have so I wouldn't know if they are promoting beauty products anyway lol

I agree that white lies are fine. Everyone does it. I'm sure being micro managed constantly they have to watch every little thing they say. I take everything with a grain of salt. I dont feel it makes them terrible people having to fake this image of themselves.

Midnight thoughts lol

• It has some nuance. Some consider it as a matter of personal preference to improve the look, similar to changing haircuts. If someone claims they don't have it despite the evidence, others may have a different opinion. Opinions on it range, and it's complicated. Respecting different viewpoints and conclusions is our duty

thanks

• You can diet. You can get PS. You can do whatever you want because it’s your body.

Imo the issue comes up when people start pretending those type of standards are attainable via “normal” means.

But I recognize that this is a catch 22 society isn’t open to PS so celebs lie about it leading it to never being “normalized” even if it’s popular. So on and so forth.

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!