What is the expected weight for male Kpop idols?

• I've seen so many pictures of Mingyu and he is 6.2 but he weighs like 130 pounds which is way below the normal BMI range of 18.5-24.6 since it would be something like 16.2

So as you can see he is very skinny

FY! Mingyu | Mingyu seventeen, Mingyu, Body transformation men

I think Cha Eunwoo is a better example, he is 141 pounds and is 6 feet tall which is actually in the healthy range of 19.1.

So you can look good and still be healthy. I really like his slim build too...

280 Cha eun woo ideas in 2023 | cha eun woo, cha eun woo astro, woo

I think this slim look is super nice and attractive.... I just want to be able to accomplish this on my own and still be healthy lol.

• There's no expected weight for male idols, many of them change weight depending on their schedule and how they want to look. There's some companies that want a certain look and will pressure a weight target,but by in large most companies don't since male idols look good regardless of weight as long as they are fit. Mingyu is likely not 130lbs now, he's recently seen is a big muscular guy so he's likely somewhere around 160lbs. Same with idols like Bangchan and changbin of stray kids. Other notable big muscular idols is Minhyuk of btob and BM of kard and obviously everyone's favorite bodybuilder wonho

• There's no expected weight for male idols, many of them change weight depending on their schedule and how they want to look. There's some companies that want a certain look and will pressure a weight target,but by in large most companies don't since male idols look good regardless of weight as long as they are fit. Mingyu is likely not 130lbs now, he's recently seen is a big muscular guy so he's likely somewhere around 160lbs. Same with idols like Bangchan and changbin of stray kids. Other notable big muscular idols is Minhyuk of btob and BM of kard and obviously everyone's favorite bodybuilder wonho

The thing is even if they are muscular, they are still slim, they usually have toned arms but they manage to stay away from completely bulking up. I think one has to be be really precise with not just how much they eat but also how much they exercise to achieve that look.

• Kai said he likes to be around 63kgs but I remember when he was promoting he dropped to like 60kgs and he’s like 180cb 😭 that’s so thin. I always worry when idols lose weight during promo that they aren’t actively trying to lose.

He has always been slim. I remember during the call me baby era how slender he was.

• At least they are all not like some Japanese dudes I saw. I follow groups where someone could be 1,80m (6 feet for you Americans) and weight 50 kilograms (110 pounds) only and it's shocking to me when I see so many short dudes in JPop groups who sometimes weight even under 50 kilograms. There was once a group with a dude who was 1,65m (5.4 feet) and he only weighed 38 kilograms (84 pounds) and it was shooking.

Korean groups arn't like this, altho I heared of so many male idols that they belived they would be chubby and fat and would have to go trought a diet, but for some its stupid since they don't even look fat or chubby to begin with.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Kai said he likes to be around 63kgs but I remember when he was promoting he dropped to like 60kgs and he’s like 180cb 😭 that’s so thin. I always worry when idols lose weight during promo that they aren’t actively trying to lose.

As from my last post, I really saw some people who were way more shocking than that. When I for example see the taller dudes in Japanese groups I get scared when I read their weight, because most Japanese groups arn't that tall and if they have taller members than all of a suddon they are skinny ... it shocks me when males are tall and skinny AF. It looks so weird and unhealthy. One of my fave Japanese groups has a member who is 1,83m tall and is constantly dropping weight. Alone in the period from pre-debut till debut (which was 3 months) he mentioned of himself that he lost 10kg and now boy is skinny as a stick... its so weird (his official weight is not mentioned but he said he really lost 10kg in 3 months. He has been trought a lot shit so I asume he might has it from that :( )

I'm glad that most dudes in JPop are not like that cause that would concern me a lot too.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• It's entirely possible to have an idol like body for the average person in a healthy way without supplements, substances or anything. Just don't live the typical lifestyle that most mainstream cravings allow.

Much easier to say that if you grew up with it like I have, but yeah it's possible. I def can't be doing as much cardio as they do every time they train though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!