is jyp the only big4 company with the poorest digital performance on korean charts?

• Their girl group royalty tag was never going to last, Hybe are on their way to taking that.

They’ll shout about how they still sell a lot but ignore how mucj the relative position of their gg’s has fallen in the kpop world :pepe-cross:

• I think their problem is marketing they don't know how to build a brand and create hype for their groups, jyp groups are too generic

And when they try to break out of the mold like nmixx, JYP just doesn't commit to it and just make them switch hoping that it'll now be more successfull

If you look at the current top gg they all have a very very strong brand who evolve around their aesthetic

If we talk about futuristic, AI, cyberpunk aesthetic Aespa is the gg who come first

If we talk about 2000's nostalgia, childish aesthetics Newjeans quickly come to mind

If we talk about Gidle, you directly have in mind sexy, carefree, self producing which came in mind

But for JYP groups beside the fact that Itzy are good dancers or Nmixx are good singer

What is their aesthetic ? What is their brand ? In few words how can you describe them and would make everybody think of them ?

All the current top gg have been able to have longevity at the top because of how they are able to keep their brandcore, add it a twist

And it's what makes people wants to keep an eye on them because whatever we like aespa, lsrf, nj or gidle

We are all always curious to see how they'll do with their next comeback to top the previous one creatively speaking

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• JYP girl groups can get hits when a) the public likes the song and b) they get good promotion

I think Sneakers --> Cheshire proves that JYP's problem is consistency. And the lack of good concepts/aesthetics/marketing.

• JYP girl groups can get hits when a) the public likes the song and b) they get good promotion

I think Sneakers --> Cheshire proves that JYP's problem is consistency. And the lack of good concepts/aesthetics/marketing.

but the thing is that sneakers wasn't even sucessfull thanks to jyp or the songs

but thanks to chaeryeong show going viral if she didn't go viral the song would have been stuck in the top 50-60 like it was before the youngji show

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• jype is a hot mess the last few years

from the way they announce things, the teasers, the songs they choose, the lack of promotion, the mvs, even their styling and makeup artists

just a mess. i thought having all of these divisions would be beneficial for the groups but it seems like nobody knows what they're doing

like they hired a handful of interns with no industry experience and said "have fun guys!"

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• also wtaf is up with their scheduling???? why are their groups overlapping every week? why are teasers for one group overlapping another's comeback?

istg you could grab people from this forum and their work would go over better than whoever is running jyp rn

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• Not even just in Korea but their international/Spotify performance kinda sucks too. ITZY has been flopping on Spotify since Sneakers, NMIXX is self-explanatory, TWICE are able to get decent debut bc of their fanbase & name but aren't really consistent (The Feels was their last proper hit on Spotify I'd say, before that it was ICSM, even POP! has done better than most recent Twice releases). Stray Kids seem the only one to do decent but they lack the Korean following.

It really all just boils down to music & management imo. Something shifted around 2020-2021 and now their GGs have half-baked concepts that clearly aren't fully realized, generic music that could go to literally any group, etc. They just haven't been able to comeback from that it seems and it's reflecting in the chart performance. At least they can tour & sell albums I guess.

• People have said it enough. The songs are generic and the company can’t pick a good title track if it hit them in the face. It’s funny because ITZY and NMixx have probably the most talent out of any of the newer girl groups but it’s kinda being wasted on lack of consistency in sound and poor planning. Sadly for ITZY it may be too late as they are already in their fourth years.

JYP is the 2nd most successful company currently when it comes to revenue and success. They have three girl groups that can sell 1 million albums per album and tour decently. They have a boy group that can sell several million albums and tour well. They have a Japanese girl group that is one of the biggest groups in Japan. This is all the marks of a successful company and the only company that can match this many great performing groups is Hybe. But where is that money going? Certainly not on production of hit title tracks. Hell often times some b sides have more catchiness and pull to them than the picked title tracks.

• I feel very conflitected here. One part of my wants to see JYP go bankrupt, but the other part wants my faves to do better in koreans charts (Is not like i care about koreans, idgaf about them, but i know they are important to my faves)
    Mmm, what the hell, Twice members probably are alredy rich, and for Itzy, Lia is rich and can take care of the girls. So F... you JYP, i hope you become an irrelevant company in 5 or 10 years. Make it happen Jesus, you still owe me a wish, you drunk genie :mads:

• People saying it's the generic music and concept, I don't agree. JYP was never groundbreaking and was always the Big 3 with no distinct image or sound. They basically see what works and copy it

At some point they were called Big 3 only because they were old, because they were actually closer to Cube or FNC than YG/SM

The reason for JYP not having a hit group in digitals are two:

1) The death of males groups. Currently their biggest act is by far Stray Kids, but BGs just don't have any presence in digital charting nowadays. On Spotify you can see they smash hard ans absolutely dominate every other BG, and other girl groups too, minus NewJeans

2) Saturation on girl group market. We have way too many girlgroups releasing hits and not only one hit, but many hits at the same time. There is a limit of how many groups can issue hits in a short time and seems like the market has ruled out Nmixx already. I don't see any girlgroup truly smashing for the next 2 years unless they somewhat replace an existing girl group niche

• 'is jyp the only big4 company with the poorest digital performance on korean charts?'

Wouldn't it be weird if they weren't the only one? Imagine the odds of there being multiple equal last placers with two or more out of the four companies having exactly the same performance stats across the charts.

• Don't worry when Day6 comeback they will save JYPE digitals

;judgingpepe:

Like their 2019 release is #2 and their 2017 release is #5

Day6 impact

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!