Official: BABYMONSTER set to debut in September; YG Stocks skyrocket

• Stocks up over 5% and an increase in market cap of $40 million on the day based on the announcement alone.

Sports Chosun

[Official] 'YG Rookie' Baby Monster prepares for debut in September "Intense hip-hop debut song"

Enter 2023.07.11. 2:22 pm

%EB%B0%B1.png?type=nf112_112
    Reporter Baek Ji-eun

2023071101000826200095121_20230711142205309.jpg?type=w430view original

[Sports Chosun Reporter Baek Ji-eun] YG's new girl group Baby Monster is expected to debut in September.

According to YG Entertainment (hereinafter referred to as YG) on the 11th, Baby Monster's debut project is progressing rapidly under the leadership of general producer Yang Hyun-suk. A song in the intense hip-hop genre was confirmed as the debut song, aiming for a release in September, and the choreography and music video are in the midst of post-production.

In the meantime, YG has invited famous overseas producers to Korea to work on Baby Monster's album and held several song camps. Through this, a number of tracks including the debut song were secured, and follow-up projects following the debut were outlined early and promoted with a sense of speed.

It was confirmed that the promise Yang made earlier when announcing the confirmation of Baby Monster members, that "the debut will not go beyond this fall," is proceeding without a hitch. YG said, "Global fans are asking a lot about Baby Monster's debut date, so we're here to tell you about the current progress. We'll give you good news soon."

What kind of song Baby Monster will make a first impression on is also of great interest. Following the genealogy of 2NE1 and BLACKPINK, a song in the intense hip-hop genre, 'YG style', was heralded, raising the expectations of global music fans to the maximum. Expectations are high for the music that will be presented by those who have properly radiated the 'hip' aura of YG's identity through powerful performances, unrivaled stage manners, and explosive rapping through their debut reality show.

Baby Monster is a girl group released by YG about 7 years after BLACKPINK. With a multinational composition of Korea (Ahyeon, Haram, Laura), Thailand (Parita, Chiquita), and Japan (Luka, Asa), and their vocal, dance, rap, and visual capabilities are at a high level, they are a new monster that will shake up K-pop. Expectations are being met.

In fact, even before their official debut, Baby Monster is proving its overwhelming global popularity. The pre-debut song "Dream" not only topped the US Billboard's "Hot Trending Songs" chart even before the release of the sound source, but also heralded an unusual surge in popularity by surpassing 47.1 million views on YouTube.

[Biz Stock] YG (YG) Entertainment's stock price is strong... Baby Monster's September debut

Reporter Joon-Pil Yoon of Biz Entertainment

20230711133058_1904738_960_1440.jpg

While YG Entertainment (122870, hereinafter YG) is preparing for the debut of its new girl group Baby Monster in September, its stock price is showing a strong trend.

As of 1:27 pm on the 11th, YG is trading at 79,300 won, up 5.31% (4,000 won) from the previous trading day.

YG announced on the same day that the debut project of Baby Monster (Luca, Parita, Asa, Ahyeon, Haram, Laura, Chiquita) is progressing rapidly under the leadership of general producer Yang Hyun-suk. A song in the intense hip-hop genre was confirmed as the debut song, aiming for a release in September, and the choreography and music video are in the midst of post-production.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Sports Donga

Baby Monster's September debut goal “Yang Hyun-seok general command” [Official]

Enter 2023.07.11. 2:41 pm

Reporter Jeong Hee-yeon

0001062744_001_20230711144103690.jpg?type=w430

Baby Monster's September debut goal “Yang Hyun-seok is in charge” [Official]

YG's new girl group, Baby Monster, is preparing to debut in September. Debuting 10 months after the group officially announced their debut.

According to YG Entertainment on the 11th, the debut project of Baby Monsters (Luca, Parita, Asa, Ahyeon, Haram, Laura, Chiquita) is in progress under the leadership of general producer Yang Hyun-seok. A song in the intense hip-hop genre has been confirmed as the debut song, and it is planned to be released in September, and is in the midst of post-production such as choreography and music video.

YG has invited famous overseas producers to Korea to work on Baby Monster's album and held several song camps. Through this, it is said that a number of tracks, including the debut song, were secured, and follow-up projects following the debut were also outlined early.

Baby Monster is a group that has been rumored to debut in 2020 after YG applied for trademark rights in 2019. YG made the debut of a new girl group official in December of last year and sequentially released introduction videos of the members from the beginning of this year. In March, they showed a debut reality show and announced that they would debut as a group of 5 out of 7 candidates.

Meanwhile, Baby Monster is a girl group released by YG about 7 years after BLACKPINK. It consists of multinational members from Korea (Ahyeon, Haram, Laura), Thailand (Parita, Chiquita), and Japan (Luka, Asa).

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• September what year?

:pepe-joy:

I remember folks predicting they would debut last year, i just had to lol.

September debut this year actually makes sense if the theories about BP not re-signing or BP going on indefinite hiatus as a group after their tour are true. Or if Hardcore is actually right and BP ends up going to TBL and TBL legitimately severs ties with YGE. All these scenarios leave a gaping hole that YG needs to fill, there would be no earthly reason to delay BM any longer.

• September debut...corresponds with the end of blackpink's contract.

They've already renewed.

Every artist ever under YG debuted in August or September. That's always been the case.

YG Family

1080x360

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!