Fifty Fifty members will go down in history as the dumbest idols of all time....

• Bruh, I don't care how bad an agency mistreats you (btw from everything we learned so far, it wasn't even that bad), you don't fucking sue the company when you have so many good things lined up for you, when your career opportunities. You made it this far, wait like 3-4 months. These girls are young and dumb and will soon be broke af.

• Maybe they just got manipulated by SIAN or whatever that 'the givers' guy's name is. Also that guy has like 95% of the copyright to the cupid song so members thought it is more sensible to side with him instead of attrackt ceo.

• You made it this far, wait like 3-4 months.

It actually had been exactly 3-4 months (14 weeks) since Cupid entered and started its climb on Billboard that issues started surfacing. Perhaps the "financial transparency" issue could be that the girls were legitimately worried about why, despite the recent activity, that there was no movement (decrease) of their debt balance to Attrakt (obviously it's bc the CEO fumbled the rights to Cupid and kept it a secret).

Setting aside the issue of who's to blame until we get more clarity, to me it appears that a moment of reckoning was inevitable for all involved. If not now, later. And personally, I'm not counting out the possibility that this may eventually turn out to be a blessing in disguise - that this happened now instead of years into a mismanaged career when the girls might still have nothing to show for it, but now they're older. Like Crayon Pop.

• Its better to quit now without getting paid yet, than work another 6 years like Loona without pay.

So yes, they must have been wondering what is happening as their song has been charting high in Billboard for months, but they still haven't got paid anything and the CEO won't give them access the profit/loss statements.

• If they would have done nothing it would have been fine because they had Netizens on their side and no future plans had been affected.

But once they filed to cancel their contracts, they lost everything.

At the heart of the problem is Siahn, he was a former Co-CEO of Attrakt and as a Producer would have direct control of 50 50 including their treatment.

Siahn has everything to gain, the majority of the Copyright of Cupid and no financial liability for 50 50's Expenses. He will pocket the majority of the fees for Cupid as well as being paid royalties as the Producer, 50 50 qnd Attrakt will earn next to nothing for the Song.

I would not be surprised if Siahn orchestrated 50 50's lawsuit as a response for Attrakt filing criminal charges against him

• Let me get this straight

They just had about as successful a song as is possible in Kpop

But the Company and by extension the Members have gotten basically nothing from it, due to decisions made by people who are not the members, if anything the cost of promoting is potentially more than they received, the profits went to someone else

How is that system remotely acceptable, if the most successful they can be is having more owed debt to the company, that means they can only end their careers with Zero money no matter how long they are there

Surely the only logical solution is to rip the band aid off now right? and get out of that contract by whatever means possible

Yet there are really people who are saying the Girls should shut up and take it, they should accept that they can never make any money because of decisions they had literally no say in?????

Some Kpop fans disgust me /endrant

• Dumb? Or end up like another GFriend?

We don't know anything about the members' parents. They would play a big role in this as well. It seems the parents of at least one of the members saw what was coming, especially after what happened to GFriend, and decided to act.

Where is Yuju now? She is just a houseguest of Kang Daniel now, barely earning her keep. Aran would have had billboard ambitions and would have been determined to not end up like Yuju.

• hindsight is 20/20 and we will see how it turns out

I'm not sure of the members contract but I'm assuming they have trainee debts and it wouldn't surprise me if income from the musical side of things are breakeven or not positive

• I disagree with everyone

Their position would have been so different after doing all CFs they had lined up. Atleast they would have put a face to the song.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have sued, but another 3 months and it would have been a different scenario.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Their position would have been so different after doing all CFs they had lined up. Atleast they would have put a face to the song.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have sued, but another 3 months and it would have been a different scenario.

This is a good point. They could have waited until at least they got promoted a little more. Who knows, one or all of them could have gone viral. The company already had these pretty solid promo opportunities lined up, who knows what could have happened. The chances mighta been 1 in a hundred but how many absolute nugus even have anything close to 1 percent odds?

You do the promo, it goes viral within the Kpop community. They slowly start getting fans the way Loona or Idle did, even Everglow. They sell 20k for their next album, then 50k a year from now. They get their faces and personalities plastered all over Mcountdown, KCON, Eunchae's Diary, Sunmi's show, maybe Fearless Kura. By the end of 2024, they could be selling 100k and become a legitimate asset with demonstrated earnings potential. Now they're in a much better position to leverage themselves against their CEO if they felt they were still being treated unfairly.

• Siahn has everything to gain, the majority of the Copyright of Cupid and no financial liability for 50 50's Expenses. He will pocket the majority of the fees for Cupid as well as being paid royalties as the Producer, 50 50 qnd Attrakt will earn next to nothing for the Song.

I would not be surprised if Siahn orchestrated 50 50's lawsuit as a response for Attrakt filing criminal charges against him

Yeah, though capable, he's a slippery one, not gonna lie.

But hypothetical scenario. You're SIAHN. Assuming Cupid wasn't an old pre-Attrakt beat purchase in your catalog, and you go ahead and buy Cupid for 9K bc the CEO didn't have the cash. Cupid is released and the song blows up, now being worth a lot, lot more. Now the CEO comes back to you and says hey actually I do have some funds and transfers 9K to your account at a later date. He emails the receipt to you as a friendly reminder to transfer the rights. Who should get ownership? Idk, I think I'm gonna go with what the court says on this one.

And not all may be lost for the girls. Based on who a court might find responsible for putting the girls in this position, the girls might be able to negotiate/file for their share from SIAHN or get their termination fee or debt to Attrakt lowered. But the first step is the current lawsuit. Good thing they filed.

As far as timing - the girls filed as early as 6/19 before all the commotion. SIAHN/Fifty Fifty were the ones forced to respond after the CEO starting giving statements to the media almost everyday from 6/23. Attrakt announced they were filing against SIAHN on 6/27. Fifty Fifty, quiet until 6/28, announced their 6/19 filing along with their request that the CEO stop spreading false rumors. The next day, 6/29, SIANH broke his silence and asked the CEO to stop as well and announced he would be countersuing.

I see a lot of comments that if the girls didn't file, they wouldn't get dragging into this mess and could still be active. Well, even before they filed (when they were confronting JHJ about transparency regarding how much Cupid was doing for them and concerned that things weren't on the up and up), JHJ decided to stop all activities until the girls would knock it off. When it came time for the scheduled shoot for the Barbie MV, SIAHN, who was still at the company, threatened to quit if Attrakt wouldn't let them shoot. And apparently, that's the immediate cause of why he left. With SIAHN gone, JHJ went off the deep end if he didn't already. I don't think JHJ had the mind to have the girls doing activities any time soon. The girls filed and JHJ went crazy with the media.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!