Twice will never be embedded in Korean culture like SNSD

• As big as Twice has become I think it's safe to say they will never be as important to Korean pop culture and its overall identity like Girls Generation is.

Anyone can sell a million copies in todays market. Anyone can get 500 million views on YouTube in 2021. Anyone can sing and be pretty at the same time.

But not everyone can resurrect girl groups from hate and obscurity like SNSD did. Not everyone can have a Legend on their roster like Taeyeon. A visual Queen who took Korean Entertainment to unseen highs like Yoona. Or even a next level superstar who became so powerful the other members parents had to join forces to expel her from the group.

Twice is a phenomenal success and has helped kpop grow even more worldwide. But once their time has come to an end they will be looked back upon as just another mega successful group.

SNSD is and will forever be looked back upon as the blood and life force of Sourh Korea.

Another fr.. ********* ******** ** **** *** **** *.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A lot of groups no matter their successes still aren't as beloved as SNSD. I mean SNSD could appear on a random TV show and immediately get some of the highest ratings of the year or even the shows history. They went beyond just another popular music group.

• LMFAOOO the way he described Jessica as if she was some Power Rangers boss monster and the other girls parents had to morph as one to stop her :D;(

Sorry but I'd never thought that I would see a PR reference here on AKP

(after 10 thousand years) Stream:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• When was FedEx or whatever their name was ever successful?

This is coming from a Mayo warrior

Edited once, last by ripia: Merged a post created by JinWifeu into this post. ().

• Summary:

I don't agree because timing is a big factor in Kpop of all aspects. (Not to say that time doesn't apply all over the world but Kpop is the subject, duh' right?)

I honestly think TWICE has set their name down the same way SNSD did-just during a different time period. So--their history & meaning when looked back on, of course, will not be the same (even if they were to debut at the same time).

Comparing the two shouldn't even be a thing considering SNSD are actual huge active seniors to all girl groups. And most people/anti-fans are probably putting more meaning behind the word or statement, 'compare' or 'the second SNSD', than it actually was intended to mean. If SNSD really is the first and the best then I can safely say that anybody can be a second something but right now, it's TWICE for some reason. Why try to change and argue it when it can be changed on its own when time comes?

Look at T-ara Jiyeon, 'she was and probably will be' the only second Kim Tae Hee but it's not what it means. It's just in the aspect of that she has the similar look as her. (Unless somebody goes off on plastic surgery but--that's not the point)

I didn't want to write an essay but--

It's cool and all criticizing certain members for "--not having talent or skill--" in a certain area but why should they have a certain something you think they should have when they were assigned their role, within the group, based on their skill/talent at that time.

And it's obvious that most groups if not all, are made prematurely but that's how you grow a skill/talent which is by tackling it while on the job (it's called hands on experience/training). But first and foremost, you gotta tackle what's ignored and most important -MOTIVATION. The motivation to even start something and for most people who needs reminders, you've passed the hardest part of life.

It is up to the 'humans' (the same way it is up to you to continue harassing these idols) within that group to tackle new skills or continue to hone and keep the skills they already have to do the job they were assigned or add a new role to their current one within the group.

For example:

You were assigned to a 9-to-5 job because of your skills and if that's how you want your life to be till' you die, you won't pursue on other skills so you'll be stuck at the 9-to-5 job. Just saying--easy to understand now right?

You still have all your life to learn and hone new skills if you choose to.

Edited 3 times, last by hilight ().

• I feel as though Twice are more interested in Japan than korea in recent years

not really, its just that japanese love them more than korea and if twice is indeed more interested in japan, then jype could've give twice more opportunities in japan like variety shows etc. and wouldnt bother with this much activities in korea.

• For once, I agree with you.

• LMFAOOO the way he described Jessica as if she was some Power Rangers boss monster and the other girls parents had to morph as one to stop her :D;(

Well, Jessica is that powerful so obviously OP couldn't help it.

• Lol you are delusional. 2015-2018 was their best. They brought something new to the table even if it’s cute concepts, they will be rmb for their happy songs.

What new Japanese songs do they have? Do they have candy pop, happy happy bdz? Or remakes of their own discography in Japanese?

Don’t be sad because twice outsold and won more awards.

Also they brought a new element to the table - happy songs which most ggs doesn’t.

Sones should accept the reality and the truth when the title of ngg went to twice.

Once (main), Blink & Fearnot

• Nah I'm not sad.

Twice was just more of the same. Everything Twice has done SNSD did it first and under much tougher circumstances.

I mean I don't recall Twice ever having to deal with and bounce back from a black ocean.

SNSD paved the way for Twice. Nobody paved the way for SNSD.

• Talking about being embedded in Korean culture and most of us haven't even been to Korea before. Makes sense

SES is remembered as the most impactful girl group of the 1st gen

Soshi the 2nd.

Twice will be remembered the same for 3rd gen

That's it.

Different circumstances, digital market, physical market, international market

, promotions and definitions of success. There isn't a single thing you can objectively compare them on and yet here we are, having this conversation every other week with hag sones on their nostalgia high and onces screaming about physicals

If y'all don't shut the hell up and stop beating this dead horse

• Speak the truth sis

• --> To Drew_B , or NOT to Drew_B ??? ... That is the Question ... Whether 'tis Nobler in the Mind to Suffer the Slings and Arrows of Outrageous AKP FORUMS ... (or NOT) ... <--

Anyway , I would argue that (SMe) BoA is *much* more significant than SNSD Group ... In terms of these 'Paving the Way' discussions ... Having said that , TWICE Group could earn a LOT MORE MONEY over time than SNSD Group ever did ... In terms of PRChina based MONEY INCOME ... It IS about the MONEY , Right ???

And Yes , Welcome Back ... :wink:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZzEzDkeHzI

Welcome Back Drew_B (Theme Song) ; Click above to Play

• I love that non Koreans think they have a say in who gets embedded in Korean culture and who doesn't.

You can keep crying about it but twice's cultural impact is there and will continue to be there in many years. Twice is literally featured in Korean textbooks and their songs have been used in presidential campaigns.

Stop comparing them to snsd because twice has carved out their own legacy. The only time yall seem to talk about snsds impact anymore is in relation to twice which says a lot and is a disservice to both groups. Idk how some snsd fans think that's something to brag about, it looks super insecure tbh.

• I love that non Koreans think they have a say in who gets embedded in Korean culture and who doesn't.

You can keep crying about it but twice's cultural impact is there and will continue to be there in many years. Twice is literally featured in Korean textbooks and their songs have been used in presidential campaigns.

Stop comparing them to snsd because twice has carved out their own legacy. The only time yall seem to talk about snsds impact anymore is in relation to twice which says a lot and is a disservice to both groups. Idk how some snsd fans think that's something to brag about, it looks super insecure tbh.

If you polled every Korean right now asking them who's more important to the Country between SNSD and Twice you know damn well SNSD would win.

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!