[theqoo] EXO CBX X SM, MISUNDERSTANDING SOLVED "TO ACKNOWLEDGE AND MAINTAIN EXCLUSIVE CONTRACT"

• [theqoo] EXO CBX X SM, MISUNDERSTANDING SOLVED "TO ACKNOWLEDGE AND MAINTAIN EXCLUSIVE CONTRACT"

AVvXsEhhcG7mcz2nrpHFR0H8OU8B6Ail1M4z1VMKE4mp_FFxTNhA2mVA4B6xdvhKCHjDSZ3l4R5cIIeB9BJGljAILVP9h9hxvaxtCY7Rg4mBJfRlfFe3sRrA2fBTaa5zmUw09458TTf9QkR8uiopD5ZOGqkhZOHJowdQ2Z67uuFLdhspTEA6HWk5VNG10ysM=s16000

EXO members Chen, Baekhyun, and Xiumin have resolved misunderstandings with SM Entertainment and have decided to continue their contractual relationship. Below is the official statement released by the agency.

"Hello, this is SM Entertainment.

Below is the joint statement of our company and our artists Byun Baekhyun, Kim Jongdae, and Kim Minseok (hereinafter referred to as the three artists). Recently, there was a situation in which the company and three of our artists continued to raise issues from different positions openly. In this regard, the three artists and the company sincerely apologize for causing concern to many who support EXO.

Afterward, the company and the three artists had enough time to discuss all the issues candidly. Through this, we were able to resolve differences of opinion caused by misunderstandings and reach a mutually amicable agreement.

First, while acknowledging and maintaining the contractual relationship between the company and the three artists, we decided to carry out EXO activities more actively through some discussions and revisions.

We listened to and understood the thoughts of the three artists and also conveyed our position on them in detail. The three artists were also open-minded and understood our position regarding artists’ contracts. Accordingly, the company and the three artists promised to solidify their relationship in the future by going through a process of mutually equal discussions and corrections. In addition, we decided to cheer and support each of the three artists so that they could fully demonstrate their individuality and promote in a new way.

Second, there was a misunderstanding about the intervention of third parties. We initially received a report that a third outside force was approaching the three artists with unreasonable intentions, and we stated that this was the main cause of the dispute. However, through this discussion, we learned there was a misunderstanding about the involvement of third parties. We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for causing concern with our announcement.

We and the three artists would like express our apologies to the fans, the other EXO members, and those who trusted and waited for EXO, and we will do our best to repay the support of the many people who supported us.

Lastly, through this incident, we were able to think about the direction of our growth following the launch of SM 3.0, from the individual concern of the artists. Thanks to the fans’ support, we want to draw the future of SM 3.0, which has grown and matured. Under the changed and developed new banner of SM 3.0, we will further strengthen and solidify mutual cooperation and respect with our artists.

Thank you."

original post: here

1. Then why even release statements that tarnished the other members if they were just gonna make peace like that?

2. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ... they probably had some countermeasures. Now when I see those members, I'll just get reminded of this incident

3. The kids who think that all celebrities are under a slave contract and who rage about it are honestly hopelessㅋㅋ

4. The peripheral people who worked on this, you guys suffered.... especially the accounting team... that sudden thunderbolt on 6/5 was just... sigh...

5. ;;;;;;;;; seriouslyㅋㅋㅋㅋ I'm a fan of SM idols and I can't think of anything positive to say ㅎ

6. Seriously hilariousㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ they were a nuisance to the group and only made their image weirder with this

7. This is a good thing for the fans.. I hope their comeback is a success

8. It's a relief that they resolved everything

9. Through this, I got to understand CBX's character very wellㅋㅋㅋ

10. A f*cking nuisance to the other members

11. Where was the "little courage" they wanted to become for their hoobaes?

12. The members and SM are saints

[theqoo] EXO CBX X SM, MISUNDERSTANDING SOLVED "TO ACKNOWLEDGE AND MAINTAIN EXCLUSIVE CONTRACT"
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

• 1. Then why even release statements that tarnished the other members if they were just gonna make peace like that?

Exactly lmfao.

Had SM employees writing defamation posts and everything. Just to turn around and say sorry.

Edit: Wait, other members? Are they talking about CBX or SM lol? I thought they were roasting SM lmao. :skull:

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

Edited once, last by keyboardwarrior7 ().

• 11. Where was the "little courage" they wanted to become for their hoobaes?

Damn, they are roasting these boys :pepe-peek:

courage would have been proving SM stole from you, void the contract, and switch labels.

But ig going back to the company that trashed you in the media, allegedly stole money from you, and made you sign a slave contract is alright.

Edited once, last by Kouss ().

• disastrous knetz! evil peoples! they judgers of this universe and they the dictators of this earth? sick people. they need to stop this! leave my prestigious and golden hearted EXO alone! they have boosted korea's economy! what have these disastrous knetz done to boost prestigious korea's economy!!!! they lazy dwellers living in wishing wells like knomes! sick people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🧍😸🧍

• Damn, they are roasting these boys :pepe-peek:

courage would have been proving SM stole from you, void the contract, and switch labels.

But ig going back to the company that trashed you in the media, allegedly stole money from you, and made you sign a slave contract is alright.

Yes ofc these are people like you kouss. Deranged. What else can be expected from people who stan corporations. Nothing.

• Damn, they are roasting these boys :pepe-peek:

But ig going back to the company that trashed you in the media, and allegedly stole money from you, and made you sign a slave contract is alright.

You’re so damn invested in this case, I know you were probably wanting for this to end badly for them.

They were courageous enough to bring attention to SM’s unfair contracts and all they wanted was transparency with their pay and everyone was on their side. No one was on SM’s side despite their media play . Even investors showed lack of faith and valued SM the lowest of all the companies.

Cbx ended up getting what they wanted, and reached an agreement with SM. There’s more we don’t know behind the scenes but one thing for sure is CBX managed to make SM change.

This is the first time SM yielded to those that sued them :clown:

• Also modifying their contracts via force should give immense courage for their juniors what are SM Stan’s smoking that they’re trying to spin this as a total loss

SM entertainment openly apologized to CBX, modified their contract and bowed down to them.

We will never know the specifics but you’ll have to be a true low IQ SM Stan to also not see this as SM buckling under pressure.

• I’m telling you it’s just the small brained SM Stan’s that think this is a “win” for SM :angryr: :cryingr:

These forums are filled with ugly SM Stan’s every fandom can attest to that. They think they’re doing something. But the only thing they’re doing is look stupid.

• Also modifying their contracts via force should give immense courage for their juniors what are SM Stan’s smoking that they’re trying to spin this as a total loss

SM entertainment openly apologized to CBX, modified their contract and bowed down to them.

We will never know the specifics but you’ll have to be a true low IQ SM Stan to also not see this as SM buckling under pressure.

LOL. Nope. This is all SM doing the talking. Just like how they tried to manipulate the narrative about “external forces” now they manipulate the narrative that everything got resolved. If CBX actually had a say their legal representatives would have also expressed that an agreement got worked out.

• They got their contract amended don’t worry.

You worry about defending the next idol to say the N word like the bigot you are.

And you worry about defending the next person to put the N word in their music like the bigot you are. Don't come at me. This ain't amateur hour.

I love how you act like you were privy to the negotiations. They could've gotten jack for all you know.

• And SM wins just like I expected.

I'm so disappointed.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't think CBX are cowards, instead, they are very brave to force SM to change their contracts. Clearly they thought it through and had to choose between getting SM investigated and losing it all or scaring SM and forcing them to offer the boys better contracts.

CBX has something to use against SM the next time they try to play dirty and The rest of SM idols now know what to do.

It is a win but SM wins more.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ??

their contracts got amended and both sides mutually agreed to the terms of the new contract. How are people saying CBX lost?

Do you think SM is going to pay them for everything they've lost? I don't think so.

I think it's going to get better from now on and that's it.

• when has SM ever backed down to agree to sign a new contract for their artists. They would rather go through hell and long lawsuits to push their artists to oblivion and blacklist. Kicked out.

CBX got SM to sit down, go over their contracts, CBX having the upperhand in their negotiations this time and got their contract amended.

CBX themselves said they wanted to continue with EXO no matter what and now they're staying. What do people not get :clown:

"all for nothing". They literally made this a public affair and showed other artists they can fight for their contracts as well??

Sm ignored cbx 6 times before this and now they got what they wanted. SM couldn't lose exo and cbx. thats the truth

• LOL. Nope. This is all SM doing the talking. Just like how they tried to manipulate the narrative about “external forces” now they manipulate the narrative that everything got resolved. If CBX actually had a say their legal representatives would have also expressed that an agreement got worked out.

I hope this is not what happened.

• Do you think SM is going to pay them for everything they've lost? I don't think so.

I think it's going to get better from now on and that's it.

why do you think that. SM isnt some broke, struggling in debt company. If anything cbx might have gotten paid off, hush hush money to sign a new contract and get better terms this time for the new contract (bigger payment shares)

SM could have very easily taken the petty route, kick cbx like they did with the other artists that sued them before and go to blacklist. Giving them no money and asking for contract termination money

But no, they kept cbx and signed a new exclusive contract.

• If this is what is really happening, them CBX win big time.

So is this what is really happening?

• LOL. Nope. This is all SM doing the talking. Just like how they tried to manipulate the narrative about “external forces” now they manipulate the narrative that everything got resolved. If CBX actually had a say their legal representatives would have also expressed that an agreement got worked out.

Ofc it’s SM doing the talking duh? They have a new exclusive contract with them. One that’s more suited to them.

If you assume that contract has no change or they were threatened that’s just your assumption. My assumption will be that they have contacts that are more in line with industry standards after SM bowed down to CBX’s demands.

• why do you think that. SM isnt some broke, struggling in debt company. If anything cbx might have gotten paid off, hush hush money to sign a new contract and get better terms this time for the new contract (bigger payment shares)

SM could have very easily taken the petty route, kick cbx like they did with the other artists that sued them before and go to blacklist. Giving them no money and asking for contract termination money

But no, they kept cbx and signed a new exclusive contract.

I am having a hard time believing SM and that's it. They are huge therefore, they are capable of anything.

I want the entire Exo to have it better from now on but it all seems like just a wish. I guess time will tell.

• If this is what is really happening, them CBX win big time.

So is this what is really happening?

Tbh no one knows and no one will know. But it’s weird to say CBX gained nothing out of this when SM publicly announced they’ve amended their contract lol.

What's the point of all this affair then ???

I don't understand if their contract and situation in SM is so bad i don't understand the point of settling things with each other and not go to the end and ask for the termination of their contract

The point is better contract terms? It’s literally in the statement that they altered the contract.

• I am having a hard time believing SM and that's it. They are huge therefore, they are capable of anything.

I want the entire Exo to have it better from now on but it all seems like just a wish. I guess time will tell.

and like its normal to think that. I also thought it was basically over when they announced they were terminating their contact. SM and Kakao having the control in the industry. I thought CBX would leave for sure and that it is what they wanted from the beginning

But then CBX must have been confident if they decided to take this route right? They must have known SM would agree to their terms and thats why they took such a dangerous route to get their message across after being ignored 6 times.

• CBX literally setting the new standard here. SMent PUBLICLY apologizing and meeting their contract demands. And freaks trying to spin this as CBX gaining nothing

CBX get to keep EXO and are getting the contract they want and have made SM be weary of artist blacklash in a condition where they’re weakened. Lol.

• and like its normal to think that. I also thought it was basically over when they announced they were terminating their contact. SM and Kakao having the control in the industry. I thought CBX would leave for sure and that it is what they wanted from the beginning

But then CBX must have been confident if they decided to take this route right? They must have known SM would agree to their terms and thats why they took such a dangerous route to get their message across after being ignored 6 times.

I believe in Exo so I guess that's all that matters right now.

• The point is better contract terms? It’s literally in the statement that they altered the contract

That still make no sens clearly

Because nothing prevent SM to just take revenge on them for this mess by not giving them activities or any other way they'll find

+ The fact that thanks to lawsuit it puts SM in a bad light and it definitely broke something in the trust that follow a commercial relationship

SM definitely wanted to keep them for the money they bring especially baekhyun but one thing for sure SM will not let this go down without finding a way to get some payback at them one way

I just think that if their goal was for a better contract it would have been better for them to just leave and sign in a new agency

But that's just my opinion , i just know if an agency made me all the things they claimed SM did to them i would never want to settle things and re-sign a new contract with new terms especially if i already started a lawsuit

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• and what makes you think cbx wouldnt issue another lawsuit if things didnt change for them. They went ahead and got a lawyer in the biggest law firm and submitted a complaint to FTC which is still under investigation im assuming since nothings been updated about that.

You think just because they signed a new contract, they are locked in chains and will allow more disrespect to them in the future? I dont think they were scared of their careers to begin with. They knew they could get SM to agree to their terms

Obviously its too soon to say anything but I doubt theyre that dumb

• It makes a lot of sense lol.

“Take revenge on them” when they have signed a better contract? and when they’re in public eye with EXO STILL as their Un contested #1 group 11 years into their career when they’re in their weakened state?

The only thing that doesn’t make sense is your reply lol.

• and what makes you think cbx wouldnt issue another lawsuit if things didnt change for them. They went ahead and got a lawyer in the biggest law firm and submitted a complaint to FTC which is still under investigation im assuming since nothings been updated about that.

You think just because they signed a new contract, they are locked in chains and will allow more disrespect to them in the future? I dont think they were scared of their careers to begin with. They knew they could get SM to agree to their terms

Obviously its too soon to say anything but I doubt theyre that dumb

I can’t blv anyone can think of this as anything but a victory for CBX. If CBX had left to a smaller company people would have been like “look at them with no promo and nuguness was it worth it” and if they negotiated and got better contract with SM it’s “what was it all for”

They decided CBX lost and SM can be the only victor long before. They will change up their stance to suite that narrative no matter what the outcome was.

• This thread contains 16 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!