[Poll] Predict how will itzy's upcoming comeback do.

• Peak on melon 33

1. #1 (5) 15%
    2. Top 3 (1) 3%
    3. Top 10 (6) 18%
    4. Top 20 (4) 12%
    5. 20-40 (6) 18%
    6. 40-70 (4) 12%
    7. 70-100 (3) 9%
    8. Massive flop. Fail to enter top 100. (4) 12%

They will supposedly be coming back at late-july/early-august and it will be summer comeback. Predict its chart performance. For reference their last comeback peaked at #57 on realtime chart, peaked #92 on melon daily chart and fell off fast.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 2 times, last by thebadguy ().

• of course my successful and cherish able queens itzy will exceed the top 10, they will be there, just watch, just watch. of course people will say oh they will flop oh they will be no name oh they jobless girls oh they no where to be found, but we midzy know that they will be really successful and surpass their brethren who are having a hard time surpassing top 10 on the charts stray kids, nmixx and twice. we know. i know for a fact that they will do really good, even if the song is so bad that so many fans collapse on the floor, i know it will be a hit. ive getting so many wins, aespa preforming at many places, new jeans winning awards at mama, but we know where itzy will be, at music bank collecting their 50th win with this hit song. i see it. i know it....................

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• itzy are doing pretty well, but idk if they'll be able to reach the top 20 with all these amazing ppl coming out. nwjns, jungkook, gidle, aespa, lyw, lsrm, ive, jisoo will make sure of that. and also becuase the hype has now vanished, compared to what they once had. maybe 40-70 is more reasonable goal considering they peaked at 92 with chesire? pls correct me if i'm wrong

• I don't think jpy care too much about the Korean digital charts now. Its definitely the case with twice and skz. Their aim is to grow the global fanbase because most of the revenue now is from overseas concerts.

1.4+ million albums in 1st month.

Top 10 digital. Depends on the song. What is good in the global market is different to the domestic market.

• maybe 40-70 is more reasonable goal considering they peaked at 92 with chesire? pls correct me if i'm wrong

Yep on melon daily cheshire peaked at #92

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Number 1 because I'm a bit of a delulu. :lovec: I think positive. It's been months, maybe Jyp thought of a good song and a quality concept. Even if it's something like Icy, that's enough for me. :lover3: Just don't get hung up on Cheshire's digital score. Winter CB's are rarely successful in most groups. Realistically, if the song goes viral, it will slowly climb on Melon. So, unfortunately, I don't expect him to log in from a very high number. :thumbup:

• Digital ranking in Korea imo doesn't matter.

But it is important that they increase album sales by a decent margin, since a lot of the sales are to overseas. They did 1.05million last album. 1.4+ would be good, which would show whatever they are doing to help market them globally is effective.

• I don't think jpy care too much about the Korean digital charts now. Its definitely the case with twice and skz. Their aim is to grow the global fanbase because most of the revenue now is from overseas concerts.

1.4+ million albums in 1st month.

Top 10 digital. Depends on the song. What is good in the global market is different to the domestic market.

They’ve gone back to a Monday release and have gone with one of the biggest domestic hits makers for their title track.

So much for not caring about South Korea :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• I don't think jpy care too much about the Korean digital charts now. Its definitely the case with twice

:pepefacepalm:

just by curiosity what make you think this ?

because why JYP made itzy release a song like sneakers who obviously wasn't target to the international fandom if they didn't care about the korean digital charts ? and why would they change the single cover to choose the one who was the most attractive to koreans ?

as for Twice, JYP literally made Twice go back to their more cutesy image for 2 consecutive comeback (scientist & TTT) just because their more mature image wasn't successfull in korea and because koreans were asking for a more cute concept

and when he saw that cute wasn't working for twice in korea anymore he went back to their more mature sound to target the international fans

JYP actually care a lot about Korean digital and is actually one of the company who care the most about it

and there's nothing shameful to accept it and admit it because history showed us that he's ready to throw away months/years of work to change his GG concept out of nowhere just to try to make them relevant in korea again even if their international number were good

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Given the decline in popularity of JYP groups in korea, I don't know why Itzy even wastes time doing a Korean song, they should switch to full English songs since as we know, JYPE is very focused on the international market.

• Given the decline in popularity of JYP groups in korea, I don't know why Itzy even wastes time doing a Korean song, they should switch to full English songs since as we know, JYPE is very focused on the international market.

because he already made them release a full english song and it flopped, proof is that you didn't even know about the song

External Content www.youtube.com

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• It's a BEP song. I know BEP produced some flops too, but IDK, I actually think this cb can do well in korean charts and catch the attention of int audience too (different of sneakers who's basically a meme)

• because he already made them release a full english song and it flopped, proof is that you didn't even know about the song

It flopped because it's an English song?

Not because it is poorly made, generic or a copy of another song?

But yes, I was aware.

• just by curiosity what make you think this ?

Because Twice does massive concerts outside Korea. Yet Twice peaked at #98 on Melon. Also Twice promoted for 1 week, lol, last comeback. Thats what you call dgaf.

"In just 40 out of 60 shows, the group [BP] has already gathered a revenue of $163,832,685. The group's sold-out world tour started in October 2022 and will continue to Q3 2023, with a total of 60 shows."

Double this number for total revenue, since merchandise sold is about the same amount. So BP for example make about 2% and maybe less of their revenue in Korea. Jisoo only promoted on Inkigayo twice, even though she got a lot of music show wins as a no show, lol.

Both YG and JYP dgaf about Korea now for their established groups. Its nothing in the big picture. 2% revenue isn't worth spending too much time on and they dont.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!