SM + Kakao combination is very interesting

• How media and knetz in Korea suddenly take U-turn and blame CBX instead? The comments of this issues especially in theqoo flooded with putting the blame on the idols not the company. This reminds me with Chuu's case where the bbc trying to do this but they don't have power, support or connection to do that. Now, sm has both and their smear campaign started to work very well. The bots/staffs' comments starting to influence how knetz think about the issues and putting the blame on cbx not sm.

Now SM has Kakao connection that controls a lot of things in Korea and which we all know has history of doing smear campaign too. I'm afraid they will not let cbx go before totally banning them from this industry.

• This is what I'm afraid of too. SM is still powerful. Direct and public confrontation rarely goes well. It'll take years which a lot of damage could be done for the idol even if they win in the end. Is that sacrifice worth it? I hope to the boys it is.

• So far seems like regular SM media campaigns if we look at historical precedent set by the past lawsuits. Things will only change if fans finally rise up against SM or artists stop re-signing (despite whatever threats/bribes are given).

I feel bad for CBX because they're in a really difficult spot. Over half of the industry is affiliated with SM, Hybe, and Kakao. As long as Hybe and Kakao own shares in SM, they won't interfere or sign anyone from SM. Big3 have a longstanding quiet understanding to never poach from each other unless with blessing (e.g. Somi to Black Label). CJ won't get involved either since they're heavily linked with both Hybe and Kakao. So all that's left are smaller agencies without much media power. This is why oligarchies are damaging.

• This is what SM stans wanted though? i remember they wanted so bad this Kakao 'synergy' to benefit their idols. But little did they know it could turn against their own idols as well... :skull:

• This is what SM stans wanted though? i remember they wanted so bad this Kakao 'synergy' to benefit their idols. But little did they know it could turn against their own idols as well... :skull:

this would’ve happened anyway ;(

Like it doesn’t matter who is with sm on this, sm is still a rotten company and u still choose to not see this like wtf

b1c2b5066d639927be42c0ad19715673401a2c32.gif

Edited once, last by bcx12 ().

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

• this would’ve happened anyway ;(

Like it doesn’t matter who is with sm on this, sm is still a rotten company and u still choose to not see this like wtf

sm has been rotten since ages. teaming with kakao made it worse is my point. what's there not to see? it's clear as day :skull:

• sm has been rotten since ages. teaming with kakao made it worse is my point. what's there not to see? it's clear as day :skull:

HYBE would not have been better. That’s the point. Fans choice with kakao was over HYBE. And completely irrelevant to this conversation.

I know a pathetic company Stan’s like you only cares about one company over the other instead of the real people being affected.

But the choice of one shit company over another was never the issue here.

• First we have dumb ass SM company stans ruining it for CBX

And then we have shit HYBE company Stan’s who want to stick it to the “SM Stan’s” because they “didn’t want HYBE to buy SM”

One would think these companies are paying these people. But alas. The level of second hand embarrassment.

• SM is just playing their old tactics

Its a song and a dance everyone seen before, nothing new

+ Chen antis who are working really hard since they see this as their chance

External Content www.youtube.com

• They’re really working hard trying to smear cbx and make it cbx vs exo. They’re trying to split the fandom by saying cbx is causing EXO’s comeback to delay. Of course these are all sm employees/interns/paid commenters doing all the work.

I already knew this would happen. I mean sm and kakao are big players and control the industry. Cbx I hope you will survive this ;(

• HYBE would not have been better. That’s the point. Fans choice with kakao was over HYBE. And completely irrelevant to this conversation.

I know a pathetic company Stan’s like you only cares about one company over the other instead of the real people being affected.

I didn't even mention anything about Hybe but if you want to, let me remind you during the whole debate, Hybe used to criticize current SM's management a lot and wanted to change all of SM executives. To me it's better than not doing anything and let SM stay as it is now. I'm not a company stan and I hate many of Hybe's practices but if i have to pick a company for my fave to be in, it's Hybe >>>> SM any day.

But funny I only said one line about SM stans and you nd your friends immediately jumped in to defend SM like rent is due :skull:. Y'all care too much about people talking bad about SM/SM stans when your faves are currently in a lawsuit with them. Interesting. :skull:

• I have truly understood since the CBX announcement a few days ago, how corporations don't care about you. You work for them till the bone, and be uber successful e.g. Baekhyun, yet they can still toss you aside, if you don't comply. This is the harshness of the corporate world.

I don't know what to expect in the future in regards to CBX/EXO. But I'm praying that the outcome is in their favour whatever it is.

I am pessimistic about the the outcome for SM. They are simply too powerful to fall, unless they make a huge blunder with industry executives, and higher ups. or a second view, could be that the Idols in the company sue SM as a whole. Yet this carries huge risks that only few are willing to take.

• sm has been rotten since ages. teaming with kakao made it worse is my point. what's there not to see? it's clear as day :skull:

Oh sorry I thought u were saying smth else yeah I agree ;(

Even without Kakao they would still do this is what I meant but I agree Kakao has threatening influence so yeah but still they would do without them

But also adding this, sm stans do not care for cbx and they will always blindly support what the company does so they on sm side in this even tho their faves go through similar shit

Edited 2 times, last by bcx12 ().

• HYBE would not have been better. That’s the point. Fans choice with kakao was over HYBE. And completely irrelevant to this conversation.

I dont think its about hybe being better but about kakao having too much power in Korea. If SM can ban ex-sm idols from appearing in broadcasts after they leave the company, imagine what kakao & SM can do.

• I didn't even mention anything about Hybe but if you want to, let me remind you during the whole debate, Hybe used to criticize current SM's management a lot and wanted to change all of SM executives. To me it's better than not doing anything and let SM stay as it is now. I'm not a company stan and I hate many of Hybe's practices but if i have to pick a company for my fave to be in, it's Hybe >>>> SM any day.

But funny I only said one line about SM stans and you nd your friends immediately jumped in to defend SM like rent is due :skull:. Y'all care too much about people talking bad about SM/SM stans when your faves are currently in a lawsuit with them. Interesting. :skull:

That's implied why are you playing stupid. People didn't want one shit company (Hybe) over another shit company (Kakao) Why you trying to paint it like as if ppl randomly started wanted Kakao to buy SM :angryr::cryingr:

That has nothing to do with CBX being screwed over. You coming here high and mighty to paint it that way goes to show how obsessed you are with companies.

Now go be embarrassing and defend HYBE somewhere else.

I'm not defending SM stans i'm calling YOU out for being a pathetic company stan and taking advantage of this situation to push your company agenda.

• I dont think its about hybe being better but about kakao having too much power in Korea. If SM can ban ex-sm idols from appearing in broadcasts after they leave the company, imagine what kakao & SM can do.

My response to that user is because they are one of those company stans rejoicing in this happening to CBX and "sm stans" or whatever narrative they want to create. HYBE is one of the biggest companies in all of korea i have no guarantee they wouldn't have screwed over cbx for leaving either. This whole merger thing is whole separate matter to EXO and CBX being screwed over. EXO have been suffering for last 11 years.

Ofc i know what SM and kakao are capable of. But the point was that user is here to push their company stan agenda not for anything else.

• They’re really working hard trying to smear cbx and make it cbx vs exo. They’re trying to split the fandom by saying cbx is causing EXO’s comeback to delay. Of course these are all sm employees/interns/paid commenters doing all the work.

I already knew this would happen. I mean sm and kakao are big players and control the industry. Cbx I hope you will survive this ;(

And it’s working with the way akgaes are acting ;(

• Biggest joke ever as if I don't curse at Hybe every day for their tactics against by boys :cryingr:

Me making fun of SM/SM stans and me hating Hybe can co-exist you know. I hate all Kpop companies in general. Now why you suddenly accusing people of pushing some agenda that i didn't know existed? I promise you it's not that deep :skull:

Also, I pity your fave's situation too bc imagine if Hybe pulling this shit with BTS, all hell will break loose. And stop getting triggered over any remarks to SM stans I made, SM/SM stans reputation isn't something you should focus on right now i'm sure :skull:

• Biggest joke ever as if I don't curse at Hybe every day for their tactics against by boys :cryingr:

Me making fun of SM/SM stans and me hating Hybe can co-exist you know. I hate all Kpop companies in general. Now why you suddenly accusing people of pushing some agenda that i didn't know existed? I promise you it's not that deep :skull:

Also, I pity your fave's situation too bc imagine if Hybe pulling this shit with BTS, all hell will break loose. And stop getting triggered over any remarks to SM stans I made, SM/SM stans reputation isn't something you should focus on right now i'm sure :skull:

Ok company stan.

• this actually hilarious because isaidisad is the biggest sm anti, i don't think it's possible to find the bigger one lol

That's why it feels so weird why are they so mad at me shading sm stans? bc some of them did really anticipated SM+kakao 'synergy' so I didn't lie. :skull:

• That's why it feels so weird why are they so mad at me shading sm stans? bc some of them did really anticipated SM+kakao 'synergy' so I didn't lie. :skull:

she thinks that you implied that hybe would be better "teaming with kakao made it worse is my point." it would make no difference. hybe or kakao, it's not important, the lawsuit would have happened anyway, this was inevitable

• That's why it feels so weird why are they so mad at me shading sm stans? bc some of them did really anticipated SM+kakao 'synergy' so I didn't lie. :skull:

contract resign happened before the acquisition war

so regardless of the acquisition result, SM had a strong partner beside them to fight this lawsuit

External Content www.youtube.com

it’s the implication the lawsuit wouldn’t happen if it was hybe type of thing, I assumed that was what u were implying, but obviously that wasn’t what it was

That why I was saying it wouldn’t matter, it would happen regardless

• she thinks that you implied that hybe would be better "teaming with kakao made it worse is my point." it would make no difference. hybe or kakao, it's not important, the lawsuit would have happened anyway, this was inevitable

Yep.

Onewbias - I don't think anyone in their right minds would wish this on anyone and furthermore, whatever the SM stans may have "wanted", it's the IDOLS that are suffering. So implying SM stans got their comeuppance is a bit tone deaf considering that they are not the ones stuck in the smear campaign or in that company - the idols are.

I know it's prevalent in this culture, but try to leave the edgy "I told you so" mindset out of this. This is bigger than that - we're dealing with slave contracts and a company who's been caught doing this numerous times, yet continues to find new ways to continue to exploit people.

• she thinks that you implied that hybe would be better "teaming with kakao made it worse is my point." it would make no difference. hybe or kakao, it's not important, the lawsuit would have happened anyway, this was inevitable

Hybe saying they would change whole SM's management vs Kakao saying they will let SM move as it currently does. Things could have been way different. That's just logic you know.

I mean everyone at Hybe is having the standard 7-year contracts so had CBX come to Hybe instead of the current SM (if Hybe had won the acquisition), the negotiations might have different outcomes :pepe-shrug:

• Hybe saying they would change whole SM's management vs Kakao saying they will let SM move as it currently does. Things could have been way different. That's just logic you know.

I mean everyone at Hybe is having the standard 7-year contracts so had CBX come to Hybe instead of the current SM (if Hybe had won the acquisition), the negotiations might have different outcomes :pepe-shrug:

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. It's all speculation at this point and we can't go back in time anyway.

• Coulda, woulda, shoulda. It's all speculation at this point and we can't go back in time anyway.

It still would happen tho because this entire thing was during the entire hybe vs Kakao vs sm which doesn’t even matter because they had issues long before this

They would not want to be under sm so no matter Kakao or hybe they would still sue to not be involved with sm

Edited 2 times, last by bcx12 ().

• Hybe saying they would change whole SM's management vs Kakao saying they will let SM move as it currently does. Things could have been way different. That's just logic you know.

Hence proved.

• No matter how much sm media plays, no one in their right mind is going to expect idols to stay with slave like contracts

Totally agree..

Probably back in the day it’s easier for big companies to destroy a career but now with other media sources besides the traditional ones, I think idols at least have better chance of earning money after their fall out with their company. The fans need to support them though and be realistic about outputs.. I remember Tiffany Young trying to make a name for herself without SM’s and it’s not that easy. And she was from SNSD the biggest GG in 2nd gen. Or CL, also similar situation…

• it’s the implication the lawsuit wouldn’t happen if it was hybe type of thing, I assumed that was what u were implying, but obviously that wasn’t what it was

That why I was saying it wouldn’t matter, it would happen regardless

is it wrong to think so? if we consider and remind of all the facts during that acquisition, it's not hard to 'guess' that the outcome might have been different. Hybe's approach to resigning contracts are definitely different from SM's. During BTS's 2nd renew, they actually advised the members to hire outside lawyers to review the contracts and obviously there was no sudden adding 5-7 more years just because of oversea promotions ;judgingpepe: . So it's not hard to predict Hybe would actually agree to make new contracts for CBX if they ask.

• This thread contains 62 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!