Do you think BOYNEXTDOOR will rise from poor chart performance?

• My predictions for them are that their concept and sound will not capture K-pop fans at first, so they will struggle with album sales. Digitally, I can see them scoring a gp hit in the future. :pepe-notes:

• TXT fandom grew a lot after their dark/emo phase, no? Tbh, at first I saw moas more like armys supporting their junior group, but later they really were able to get attention outside hybe fandom. But I agree is confusing to know the concept who leads to more fandom growth, since the fandoms come from different places too. Like, Seventeen and Stray Kids have big sales, but Seventeen is bigger in asia and Stray Kids bigger in the west.

Even on the emo phase I would hardly classify TxT music as dark and noisy for both Lovesong and Loser Lover they are still very pop rock ish and the colour pallet might be more depressing, but it's more like "gray" than dark

The only dark song they have was Good Boy Gone Bad

The reason why I think their sales exploded this year... I think by speaking my mind truthfully I'll be #canceled by Moas, but whatever

Imo, TxT sales are panicking sales. There was rumors about Bighit releasing a new group and TxT last year had very lean schedule, so Moas felt they could soon be sidelined and now went berserk on this comeback. To add things, you're not wrong when you say partially the TxT fandom has a share of the fandom who are also armys. This means their purchase power was always divided between both groups. With BTS on hiatus multi armys-moas only have one group to buy with of course affect the bulk buying potential

Of course, this is all speculation but it's a bit hard to believe the worst received TxT song in quite a while was the driver of such a big increase. TxT was already quite big during/after Lovesong and Loser Lover, we are just now seeing their unleash their true buying power

• I think I didn't express myself well with the dark or noisy. Maybe concepts outside the ones who relly in youthness? I think TXT wouldn't have the same success if they kept their early concept, songs like cat & dog. Treasure even tried to reach a different audience with Jikjin. Outside big4, Ateez is the only boygroup selling like the top ggs from this gen, I think they're the reason I made the first statement too, even if I wasn't intentionally thinking about them.

But a group really add to your argument, The Boyz. They gravitate between bright and dark. I feel like their dark concepts are more talked about like The Stealer and Maverick, but that's because I'm in the west, Thrill Ride did chart in korean charts, even if it was briefly.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• In 3 years time because no new gen boy groups can chart without fandom at this point. I feel BND are gonna became more a gp driven group too. They don't have core fanbase to push them on the charts currently. If their songs rises, it will be simply due to gp showing traction. Their stage presences are top notch and debuted with gp friendly songs, they will go far. I mean currently so many million seller groups can't chart and do needs a fandom to push them on the charts. It's harder than said tbh.

:pepe-notes:

• TXT, NCT Dream, BTS, SVT etc still has dynamic vibrant pop songs. Boynextdoor songs are more Ikon, Winner esque to me not vibrant pop but more like your coffee shop/lofi music which is extremely boring if the song doesnt have catchy beats.

• I just watched Serenade and it was a cute, catchy, suitable for younger crowds type of song.. they have this Pentagon-like vibe too (like pent up boyish energy that’s kinda charming). I can see kids liking this group, kinda like Treasure. But I don’t see them wowing gp or kpop stans in general. Yet.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i thought the same, they reminded me a lot of Pentagon, and i would say sometimes Ikon

• I’m a bit scared after Kep1er honestly. I know they need to have a good music but Wake One management is unreliable. And I want to know what ZB1 needs in particular to chart well as well as is there a possibility that ZB1 will be the rookie of the year??

I think it’ll be zb1 for sure, for boygroups. There’s no other big bg debuting I think and I don’t see boynextdoor taking it

• I think it’ll be zb1 for sure, for boygroups. There’s no other big bg debuting I think and I don’t see boynextdoor taking it

There's pledis new bg, I think in july, but I'm not sure. Pledis has a highter chance to hit big than boysnextdoor since they're like Seventeen younger brothers, so the company privillege is bigger.

Sm is said do debut Sungchan and Shotaro bg this year too. The rookie bg war this year gonna be interesting.

External Content www.youtube.com

• There's pledis new bg, I think in july, but I'm not sure. Pledis has a highter chance to hit big than boysnextdoor since they're like Seventeen younger brothers, so the company privillege is bigger.

Sm is said do debut Sungchan and Shotaro bg this year too. The rookie bg war this year gonna be interesting.

I forgot hybe debuts multiple groups a year lol. I’m really curious about pledis bg.

For sm it feels like they couldn’t find new members so less curious about sm bg but their sales will probably be high

• I’m a bit scared after Kep1er honestly. I know they need to have a good music but Wake One management is unreliable. And I want to know what ZB1 needs in particular to chart well as well as is there a possibility that ZB1 will be the rookie of the year??

ZB1 just needs good music tbh. Their mission songs charted decently enough (Say My Name did quite well by 4th Gen standards) so the fandom streaming power is somewhat there, they need a good song to pull them through - something safe that appeals to everyone.

They will have competition from Pledis NBG and SMNBG and both those companies are known for creating good debut songs and concepts so we'll see.

• TXT sales aren't panic sales. As someone in the fandom (and is also an army), moas who are also armys aren't that split between buying solo albums and the group albums. TXT hit a new career high and 3/5 BTS solo debuts have hit over 1M sales. I think you're underestimating how many armys there really are and how many fuckin solo stans each member of BTS has.

Also, most moas didn't give a shit about the traineeA boygroup. Especially after the news that the whole project had dissolved a couple months ago. What really blew their fandom (and sales) up was the Game Caterers episode from last summer. It went viral in SK, and the most viral moment was Soobin dancing to ASAP by STAYC. That moment had a huge impact on TXT's fandom in Korea.

External Content twitter.com

Also about Good Boy Gone Bad, it's actually one of their fastest growing songs on Spotify

and is their song with 4th highest UL count on Melon.

The narrative that it flopped is false. It did very well for their standards. Of course, Sugar Rush Ride blew it out of the fucking water, but GBGB is still a decent hit for them.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!