Do you feel bad for liking kpop or from stepping away from group's sometimes? What do you do to feel better?

• I made my first post recently (and it went really well, thank you guys!~ RE: Suggest me your idol's. (Looking for songs for my new cozy playlist.) .

But as I stated in the post, I left a lot of group's recently, and Chiwoo (my bias in Kingdom) also left the group recently and it's been kind've hard to follow them as well, (although I do really enjoy their song's and Mujin's solo SC songs).

I know Minghao said in a live that if we grow out of k-pop it's okay, but I'm like 50/50.

I still enjoy it I really do but I feel like I'm not as good a fan as some people. I don't buy album's (I stream), I don't follow or support big fan accounts (like streaming account's, fandom account's) or anything like that because social media is to overwhelming for me and due to my past negative experience with some school online stuff. (Getting follower's and stuff like that worries me/ I'm not good with hate aka same reason I'm no longer on Instagram).

And I guess I just feel strange about liking it at 22 years old, I know I improved a lot and am focusing on other hobbies, and have subscribed to a lot of channels recently (art channel's, art vlog's, benji plant, mina lee) and some others for a variety in my content. I used to follow 100 people and now only follow 27 channels. (Which I think is an awesome improvement for me!~)

Screen Shot 2023-05-29 at 10.13.29 PM.png

But I wanted to know what you did when you feel this way, or if there was something you reassure yourself with. Thank you very much for your time, here's my current favourite picture of Woodz, sorry if I lowered the mood of this thread. You are awesome! 💙 🧡

Screen Shot 2023-05-29 at 10.15.15 PM.png

• I did at a certain point, because I was already so invested into KPOP, and I was worried about all the releases I would miss, and how I wasn't a real fan. I really fell into kpop when the pandemic started, I was already a huge BTS fan, but my first "fallout" was with BTS, and then I felt lost, because I spent so much time with this one group, only listening to their music, and now suddenly, I would listen to their music, and feel nothing. I had to step away from KPOP for a while, and I did get back into it, not to the extent that I was before, but I feel like now I'm a more casual fan, and I think it's done wonders for me, I'm no longer spending my days scrolling on twitter obsessing over any group, I just listen to what I like and go.

• There's no age limit to liking kpop. Music is music. It's totally okay to fall out of love with a group you used to like because tastes change and people change. It's natural for you to like other things, and it's better that you do.

• ive listened to kpop from a very young age so its just another form of entertainment to me

dont feel particularly good or bad about it

Same for me here

I listen to almost all kind of genre/languages and kpop is just one of them. Difference is probably how frequent the releases are in Kpop which keeps it interesting for me I guess

And since I don't have that die hard mentality for any group, once I like the music I look forward to their future releases whether they are trendy or not. So stepping away from a particular group doesn't really mean anything to me

• Same for me here

I listen to almost all kind of genre/languages and kpop is just one of them. Difference is probably how frequent the releases are in Kpop which keeps it interesting for me I guess

And since I don't have that die hard mentality for any group, once I like the music I look forward to their future releases whether they are trendy or not. So stepping away from a particular group doesn't really mean anything to me

same

all of my favorite groups are dead or changed identity anyway lol

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Yes and No. I don't feel sad for getting into it in the first place thanks to my daughter who introduced me to it in 2011, but I feel bad for continuing to like it at nearly 55 as it is mainly a young genre.

I certainly don't feel bad for dropping groups I am no longer interested in as they bored me. I feel better for the change and glad that I was able to grow out of that phase. I have been into it for 12 years now and that is longer than I have ever followed anything. I am merely a casual listener nowadays. Frankly, I prefer the real and old K pop of second gen.

• I've always been a casual fan and I'm ok with my age since I found kpop in college/grad school anyway...

I am starting to feel a little bad about not liking recent releases of a bunch of groups I follow. But part of that is not having a way of finding new music (without searching) and listening to music is a big part of my life.

In the end, though, music will find me eventually, so there's no reason to be down about it for long.

• I did at a certain point, because I was already so invested into KPOP, and I was worried about all the releases I would miss, and how I wasn't a real fan. I really fell into kpop when the pandemic started, I was already a huge BTS fan, but my first "fallout" was with BTS, and then I felt lost, because I spent so much time with this one group, only listening to their music, and now suddenly, I would listen to their music, and feel nothing. I had to step away from KPOP for a while, and I did get back into it, not to the extent that I was before, but I feel like now I'm a more casual fan, and I think it's done wonders for me, I'm no longer spending my days scrolling on twitter obsessing over any group, I just listen to what I like and go.

I am a former ARMY to, I can totally get where you are coming from.

• im ok with liking it at my age

but ig all I do is just surround myself with their music. i lowkey felt like this when i got tix to see Stray Kids this past april (for their LA Encore date; got floor seats) and i felt a lil' guilty ab going to see 'em instead of BTS as my 1st concert but then again Skz have been a longtime favorite and i just thought that BTS have been my 1st for many so it's ok for another to be 1st for me. But ig just surround myself by their music and stuff. altho now, both Stray Kids & BTS are my ults. yes i found it weird at first to have 2 ults but here i am

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ιм тнe oɴe ι ѕнoυld love ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Unc GIF - Unc GIFsAnmin GIF - Anmin GIFsUnc GIF - Unc GIFs

• This is really well written, thanks for taking the time to do so.

• I think you should treat KPOP as a form of entertainment instead of a Job or Identity. Then it will be less pressure or obsessiveness, not saying that you are but just to make a point. It is like a show on Netflix or any other platform, new show comes out (comeback, variety, etc) you watch it during your spare time, feel good about it, then go on about your day.

I treat it as my hobby/entertainment outlet. Catch up with all content during weekend or just put it in background while eating lol, view YouTube of group I missed and etc. With anything, do so moderately and it should be OK. College Students and below are the wishlist of any KPOP business.

As you get older, you have more important priorities and KPOP will just be something that you 'once' did, or even if you are still with KPOP when older, that's perfectly fine too. Again, do so moderately. I believe you won't see a lot of older fans (Moms or Dads) on forums, comment sections, purchasing tons of albums or on fancall with idols, but you will see them during fansigns or concerts. Which is normal.

To me, it is a form of entertainment that I can consume like Sport Games or Movies.

---======---

• Their music is TOP! I listen to their tracks during my workouts myself. I also heard the news that they have a new album coming out! Looking forward to it!

Awe thanks for commenting sorry if I'm a little late I've been so focused on spring cleaning and my first part time job in awhile I wasn't able to comment on time.

I'm so happy you enjoy the songs to. 😊

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!