Have a lot of POC fans left kpop?

• I remember there used to be a big POC kpop fans thread but it hasn’t been posted on for months. Topics related to racism in kpop and appropriation have also gone down to almost zero, when they were fairly common. Seoulbeats hasn’t done an article relating to race for a long time. Social activism from kpop fans on Twitter have dropped significantly, when before there were many hashtags and events. Kpop itself has started to feel more whitewashed, using more tropes that appeal to white culture and aesthetics.

As a POC kpop fan, have you felt more or less welcomed compared to the past?

Kpop in general took a hard turn to the right, heavily emphasizing wealth, status and privilege.

• I bet these people left and went on to attack Japanese groups instead

I mean uh ...

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• You don't see many threads accusing groups of racism, application etc because two reasons

1)People have just become less snowflakes

2)Kpop stans blew up the shit like cultural appropriation etc for fanwars so hard that now it has turned into a joke and nobody gives a fuck

• I bet these people left and went on to attack Japanese groups instead

I mean uh ...

😂😂😂🤡🤡🤡🤡 They had better chance with us in Korea because to some extent the agencies want kpop in every home in the west so they do budge some. But Japan? Lol they couldn't give a fuck they literally don't need you to be BTS successful ever so they won't listen to this garbage at all

• You don't see many threads accusing groups of racism, application etc because two reasons

2)Kpop stans blew up the shit like cultural appropriation etc for fanwars so hard that now it has turned into a joke and nobody gives a fuck

It became a joke because people realized how stupid and hypocritical it was. There's far more important shit to deal with in life yet, you have these snowflakes who likely never worked hard a day in their lives or had something to fight for and so come up with bullshit and finally got a reality check that the average person doesn't want to be lectured to by some clown living a privileged life in some gated community where you got pampered. 99% of the clowns doing this stuff usually don't belong to the group they aim to represent and that group often dislikes them as these people set bad reputations for them and sow seeds of distrust, distance and eventually hate from others when everyone is trying soo damn hard to bring unity. Plus the hypocrite sauce of they are allowed to do and have everything from other cultures and countries but not you people see that and say well fuck that noise

• POC in terms of the West. Asian people in Asia are the majority

I doubt they care about this bullshit. Especially if you meant those in the west especially America lol just looking at culture there and having lived there hmm I bet these people have far more important shit to worry about and there's alot i could name off. But unlike them I'm not an asshole ill let them do that talk. Unlike the other types of assholes that think they can tell us everything wrong with Korea etc and how to live lol I would get branded a racist if I told you how people in the west should act and live🤡

No, that's not the only reason Kpop companies are more careful with sensitive topics because they know their biggest market is outside of Korea

• I remember there used to be a big POC kpop fans thread but it hasn’t been posted on for months. Topics related to racism in kpop and appropriation have also gone down to almost zero, when they were fairly common. Seoulbeats hasn’t done an article relating to race for a long time. Social activism from kpop fans on Twitter have dropped significantly, when before there were many hashtags and events. Kpop itself has started to feel more whitewashed, using more tropes that appeal to white culture and aesthetics.

As a POC kpop fan, have you felt more or less welcomed compared to the past?

Kpop in general took a hard turn to the right, heavily emphasizing wealth, status and privilege.

Just look at the answers in this thread. A lot of K-pop stans are racist.

• kpop companies and idols are more conscientious so there are fewer incidents and many fans don't bother to post on AKP or Twitter much anymore because both places are kinda cess pits, although Twitter is far worse.

• we gots to leave. all these racist evil sickening people in this kpop world, the fans, the idols, the companies, they are SICK! the gas lighting and the FRAUDING is not okay. No more hatred, no more fans putting up with it, we got to have shame, we got to. They all profiting while they be saying every slur and wearing every hair style, and these SICK fans will tell you it's not real, it's fake, they innocent, GOD will fix those people and save dem from they sinning and they racism, racism is A SIN! Not okay, it's not. All us gots to leave, these people mocking us, these people sick and they is liars. Stop dem. #Loveallhumans #SINS

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• No, POC haven't left kpop. We create our own spaces so we can enjoy it without having to worry about racists.

As everyone else is saying, I think the racism and appropriation threads have depleted because the users here are not suitable for such conversations. I've only been on this forum for 10 days and I've already learned that some people here have colorful ideas. And at some point, it gets exhausting to keep talking about racism and cultural appropriation because nobody gives a shit about what we're saying.

• I mean, look at these responses just from mentioning race..😕

To be honest, most K-pop fans couldn't give a damn about us in that way, and it's why other spaces are created on other platforms, if you're Black or POC.

Most other topics override these type of topics.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!