Is it okay to bully a person off a platform if they're a sasaeng?

• I dont agree with the person's actions, however they have laws in place for a reason. Sure the fandom can threaten and report them but what morals do people have to wish harm or even death on someone else? Exposing their personal life to me isn't okay either. Driving someone to the brink of suicide to prove a point is sick. Report them and keep doing it. That's my personal opinion. People deserve a chance to stop their behavior and learn not be driven to suicide over it.

• This person was reported numerous times. Just like the asshat who threatened JK when he didn’t acknowledge a birthday gift. I believe and correct me if I am wrong the person called ? Headliner? is still active.

That's horrible. Anyone on the fandom had ever doxxed them?

Anw people like this need to be seized or captured and isolated so that they can't make trouble anymore

• Was it really bullying if in general, people were tired of you being a problematic account? I mean, I gave that account a benefit of a doubt, but then I also saw how problematic she was and keeps doing it over and over again! I think for her sake, its time for her to logged off and re-assess herself, and that is the best thing she did imo, while I do not support some that being extra wild about her but can you even blame them? But then at the end we are always responsible on our actions so its best to tread carefully!

• I don’t think it’s ever ok to bully anyone, no matter what they’ve done. Yes, it’s true they’ve done terrible acts, but does that make them less of a human? Does that make it valid to give them back what they’ve committed in tenfold? No.

They don’t deserve being endlessly harassed and bullied by people—but what they do deserve is being properly punished by authorities according to the scale of the crimes they’ve done.

Leave the authorities to deal out justice, it’s not your job to discipline. It’s your job to report and make sure their crime is known so it can be brought to light and dealt with, not harass them till they commit suicide or their mental health is severely damaged.

That’s just as bad as harassing any other person. Humans are humans, with real feelings and their own problems, even if they’re a few fries short of a happy meal and have done some sketchy things.

I‘m not saying that I support this particular person or sasaengs in general at all, but I can’t believe it is right for people to sit back and condone such massive and hateful responses (when they’re the same people who advocate against severe hate for idols. If for idols, why not regular people? They all deserve the basic right to not be harassed).

Apologies for the long response, I simply wished to get my point across clearly and precisely.

• yeah this.

We have already seen how sometimes fans have converted into haters because of the toxicity they experienced in their fandom. And such a hater with private info is even more dangerous. Not that being a stalker wasn't harmful enough, but now they would use that private info solely to cause harm the idol.

I don't have sympathy for them but there are better ways to deal with this than trend a hate hashtag for them, which is useless imo.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• yeah this.

We have already seen how sometimes fans have converted into haters because of the toxicity they experienced in their fandom. And such a hater with private info is even more dangerous. Not that being a stalker wasn't harmful enough, but now they would use that private info solely to cause harm the idol.

I don't have sympathy for them but there are better ways to deal with this than trend a hate hashtag for them, which is useless imo.

For real, because a case where an idol was harmed by a maniac (even being poisoned) is not just some fantasy. It's real.

• She was a weirdo

I remember when BTS posted a pic from a restaurant, she claimed she recognised the the restaurant because of the chandelier and started posting all sorts of info about the restaurant

Another incident was where she used to look at those flight radar accounts and post when a BTS member was going to land in nyc/la etc

• Kind of a tough one

People are saying call police/wait for them to get arrested etc but that only works if a) they are clearly breaking the law, b) traceable, which means doxxing and c) in a jurisdiction that will even do anything.

Reporting only really works if they are breaching the websites TOS, and especially on Twitter these days, being a toxic shit seems to be ok. There's mass reporting, but more often than not in kpop I've seen mass reporting be more used as a tool of bullying, censorship and hissy fits than an actual viable tool (wah wah this music journalist gave my faces a bad review, mass report them).

A mass blocking campaign, especially on modern twitter where getting blocked too much supposedly lowers your reach, seems viable. If enough people just block the troll, half their power is gone.

But sometimes I think responses need to be equivalent to the "crime". Too often it seems that the counter bullying turns into a feral pile on that is disproportional to what happened, especially when its 1 vs The Internet.

Not kpop related, but that recent issue with the girls pulling faces and flipping the bird to the tiktoker at a sports game. Yeah what they did was childish and dumb, but people doxxing them, mass calling their family members, review bombing their places of work, sending shit to their house and basically destroying their lives and lives of those around them... for what... some faces and the middle finger? Completely disproportionate and over the top.

Which is what "bullying a person off a platform" does risk being I guess if done wrong.

• I like the correlation you clearly showed here and agree with it. If someone reaps what they sow, I lean towards it being fair play.

Trolls will say shit, then when more than one person calls it out, suddenly it's piling on and bullying? No, they offended scores of people. If you have a right to do and say idiotic shit, you have a right to be called out for it.

Now, there is such thing as going too far - like doxxing someone. But if it's just twt being relieved and celebrating a saesang deactivating? I won't be posting anything, but I'm relieved too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!