Babymonster predebut song is in ENGLISH. Do you think they will debut with an english title track also?

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They have been performing English covers, and they just previewed their own song on the latest episode. Do you think YG will let them debut with an English song?

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They have been performing English covers, and they just previewed their own song on the latest episode. Do you think YG will let them debut with an English song?

sounds like an OST

• sounds like an OST

Yep, it def sounds like an OST after watching this edit ^^

External Content twitter.com

• Yes imo they will have an all English song.

What we have learn from BP and Twice is that Korea doesn't matter. Once you are successful, the more time that you spend promoting in Korea, the less profit you make.

I believe their title song will have some Korean, just to avoid some local flak. But yes, they are just going to bypass Korea, because big picture, it doesn't matter.

• do we know which five are debuting

all of them are debuting yesterday and a few days back the rest of the members were seen outside Yg's building

What we have learn from BP and Twice is that Korea doesn't matter. Once you are successful, the more time that you spend promoting in Korea, the less profit you make.

I believe their title song will have some Korean, just to avoid some local flak. But yes, they are just going to bypass Korea, because big picture, it doesn't matter.

Yep. You might be right. They could also debut with two tracks, an English song for pop ballad then Korean song for hiphop.

I don't think they should bypass korea unless the demand international is high. They should focus first promoting in korea and get their support. That's where bp and twice started after all. Attempting to go global without gaining kr recognition is like a ship with a broken keel.

• not only that ..i think they should take it one step further and should brand the group as a global group rather than kpop group (like XG) ... i think the timing is right and there's a good chance yg might actually able to pull through...

• I don't think they should bypass korea unless the demand international is high. They should focus first promoting in korea and get their support. That's where bp and twice started after all. Attempting to go global without gaining kr recognition is like a ship with a broken keel.

For what though? Melon is dying and full of fans zombie streaming. Korea is small in comparison to the rest of the world. Also Babymonster will only get hate from koreans because they don't fit the shitty korean "beauty standard". Besides that Babymonster makes almost no noise so far in Korea. All the hype is internationally.

I would rather them skip Korea and avoid all the hate from other companies fans.

• For what though? Melon is dying and full of fans zombie streaming. Korea is small in comparison to the rest of the world. Also Babymonster will only get hate from koreans because they don't fit the shitty korean "beauty standard". Besides that Babymonster makes almost no noise so far in Korea. All the hype is internationally.

I would rather them skip Korea and avoid all the hate from other companies fans.

Because their relevance in korea will get them bag those promotions and endorsements they need for global stardom. Also promoting globally at their current age will not work cause no one will take them seriously.

The hype international is only concentrated in sea countries and like 80-90% from thailand. The only western I see supporting them are those youtube reactors where majority are only reacting for clout and views.

But lets say they go international. Where would they even promote? Thailand? Japan? Theyll just following ikon/treasures footsteps if thats the case. Even if yg get them a guesting lets say gma, blink will accuse them of nepotism which will just garner more hate.

Best to set solidify their footing first in korea.

Edited once, last by kurlet ().

• stray kids seem to do just fine with much much much larger international fanbase than SK fans

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!