Why does KAI promoting his song bother people?

• And that's why I was rolling my eyes seeing people make fun of him and calling him desesperate for making multiple challenges and promoting for weeks despite being a senior artist

If anything It's admirable the fact he's in his 11 year and still have so much fire on his eyes and is working his ass off

This was my thinking as well. Why does a solo artist, who’s 11 years into his music career and 2.5 years into his solo career, promoting his solo by doing challenges with multiple idols and music shows bother people?

I don’t mean to be salty or anything,

But it’s truly baffling seeing people say that “Kai barely achieved this doing 47484385 challenges on TikTok”.

Till now,

Never have I ever saw someone shame an artist for PROMOTING THEIR FUCKING SONG!!!

He’s working hard and you’re out here being a fcking keyboard warrior shaming him for literally doing his job.

And not to mention, some idols (San and Seonghwa) aren’t even promoting anything yet they made an earnest effort to come to music shows and record the rover challenge with KAI.

So many idols lined up just to do a video with him and he didn’t turn down a single one of them even though funnily he’s a complete introvert and I know his social battery was depleted at the end of the day.

I came across a video of Tyler The Creator who really gave some great advice to all the artists to promote their stuff :-

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That’s what’s important. I don’t have a problem if someone doesn’t promote a song due to whatever reason but let’s not fcking drag someone for doing something good and necessary to further their own career!!!

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Not kpop fans being stupid and dragging kai for actully doing his job? People are being pressed that everyone and their mothers in the industry is lining up to have the chance of making the rover challenge with the king.

We love how passionate he is about music and performing in his 11th year of career, I admire his dedication.

EXOEXIST - The 7th Album 2023.07.10
    https://i.postimg.cc/TYFk7v3d/letmeinexo-1.gif https://i.postimg.cc/G2XKvZf1/letmeinexo-2.gif

• the ppl that are mad at him are mad at his fans, they couldn't care less about him. that's always the reason for stuff like that.

i know army has been on a vendetta (lol) since the ot7 pic came out when jin enlisted and exols accuse them of copying exo.

i wish kai all the success in the months ahead before he has to go into hibernation

• it is so weird. When their faves are name dropping seniors left and right they are yas kings and queens. When the named senior is seen with their faves they start to insult them. It doesnt make sense

• the ppl that are mad at him are mad at his fans, they couldn't care less about him. that's always the reason for stuff like that.

i know army has been on a vendetta (lol) since the ot7 pic came out when jin enlisted and exols accuse them of copying exo.

i wish kai all the success in the months ahead before he has to go into hibernation

Armys have hated Kai long before any of that lol. He must touch something sensitive for them cuz it’s unhinged behavior.

• if someone promotes their song - "omG these flops!!! promoting on korean tv??? filming tiktoks??? they must be so desperate!!!"

if someone doesn't promote their song - "lmao, irrelevant hag!! not even trying to promote their flop song!!! it seems their company has given up on them!!"

kpop logic

exactly.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• i know army has been on a vendetta (lol) since the ot7 pic came out when jin enlisted and exols accuse them of copying exo.

Man I hate comments like this :skull:

X has been on a vendetta because X did this to X...

It's time for some people to grow up and stop hiding behind stupid excuses to leave ugly comments, death threats and jokes about someone's father passing just because of some petty fanwars.

Most of us don't even know jin guy took photos with bts members. I don't even know that happened. I don't even know where he is serving or what he is up to.

Enough. Kai has been target of hate comments look before jin photo with bts. 🤚

• no one has dragged him for promoting it doesnt make any sense and people name dropping armys here ?? jimin is also promoting his songs so why would armys drag other idols for making the same thing?/

at least give as some examples :huuh::huuh:

• Not kpop fans being stupid and dragging kai for actully doing his job? People are being pressed that everyone and their mothers in the industry is lining up to have the chance of making the rover challenge with the king.

LIKE idols who aren’t even promoting right now came to some music shows just to do the dance challenge with him THAT'S FATHER !

Jongin’s impact over the industry has been so evident this era ppl hate to see it !

1611761655850962945.gif

• I mean,I’ve not seen anyone say this anywhere, but that’s one of the dumber drags I’ve ever seen if people are going in like that. Also, you can bet a lot of the same people would be complaining about their own bias if they thought he wasn’t promoting/being promoted enough.

So you know, d*ckheads are d*ckheads. Same old.

• I also hate that things are like this. But it's just a case of replacing the idol's name, no bts or exo member is extra special to make him more or less of a victim. It's a question of timing and context. Jin got dragged for not enlisting because he was the oldest and now Kai probably because he's the next one to enlist in EXO. And the world keeps spinning.

In the scheme of what came first the chicken or the egg as an older band I imagine exols were pretty vicious when bts started to be threatening. Like armys are with stays right now.

• I also hate that things are like this. But it's just a case of replacing the idol's name, no bts or exo member is extra special to make him more or less of a victim. It's a question of timing and context. Jin got dragged for not enlisting because he was the oldest and now Kai probably because he's the next one to enlist in EXO. And the world keeps spinning.

In the scheme of what came first the chicken or the egg as an older band I imagine exols were pretty vicious when bts started to be threatening. Like armys are with stays right now.

I disagree with your comparison because Kai has been victim of hate comments long before anyone mentioned bts and their enlistment.

it’s 2023 what is the fighting for tho 🧍‍♀️

• it’s 2023 what is the fighting for tho 🧍‍♀️

who knows, old grievances? the lack of exemption hurt a certain amount of army pride. from my end exo had been well out of my fanwar radar until the whole copying 'exo's head holding tradition' debacle on twt the day that jin enlisted. since then there's been much more fighting imo.

• I disagree with your comparison because Kai has been victim of hate comments long before anyone mentioned bts and their enlistment.

honestly in terms of army 'hating' him i feel it's just a case of timing. any other exo member cb would have had the same reaction from the same people.

you mean there was already hate before 2017/18?

• honestly in terms of army 'hating' him i feel it's just a case of timing. any other exo member cb would have had the same reaction from the same people.

you mean there was already hate before 2017/18?

No it is not the case of timing and no they don't hate any other exo member as much as they hate Kai.

They have their eyes set on Kai.

Hate has started YEARS ago. I think 2016/2017. First it was slut shaming and now it became this obsessive hate with no restraint. You are free to go and see nasty comments they leave. It is not just petty fanwars, it's lawsuit worthy.

So please, don't minimize it and try to educate me as if I, as exol and Kai fan, don't know any better🤚

• I'm saying that you as a Kai fan aren't seeing the full picture. It's normal for stans to feel like their idol is being especially targeted. His cb would not be received by the usual toxic army like it was had it not been the whole thing on Jin's enlistment and the usual plagiarism accusations that have seemed to pick up (hence the extreme focus on Rover being a "cover"). Had it been any other member it would've been the same, this is his third album and I don't remember this degree of engagement the other times.

Most of the time the fandom is more engaged in fws with blinks, in much more disgusting and targeted levels.

• as long as I can see this:

External Content www.youtube.com

I am more than happy.

• he seems to be having so much fun and the music is great. has any hybe artist done a tiktok with him?

• who knows, old grievances? the lack of exemption hurt a certain amount of army pride. from my end exo had been well out of my fanwar radar until the whole copying 'exo's head holding tradition' debacle on twt the day that jin enlisted. since then there's been much more fighting imo.

I kinda agree with this it’s def been more intense lately, after all of that it was really bad when Kai had his cb like idk some of the twts were gross af and it was all over cause ppl kept quoting n stuff it was a mess Ik not all Stans r like that but it was just annoying to see 😭

I feel like it’s been going on like never ending for a while I’ve always seen shady stuff on twt tl not to that extent tho.

I wasn’t heavily involved in fandom stuff in earlier days, Ik it was bad tho, but I can’t really comment on it😭

• I'm saying that you as a Kai fan aren't seeing the full picture. It's normal for stans to feel like their idol is being especially targeted. His cb would not be received by the usual toxic army like it was had it not been the whole thing on Jin's enlistment and the usual plagiarism accusations that have seemed to pick up (hence the extreme focus on Rover being a "cover"). Had it been any other member it would've been the same, this is his third album and I don't remember this degree of engagement the other times.

Most of the time the fandom is more engaged in fws with blinks, in much more disgusting and targeted levels.

Kai album would get hate regardless, exo breathing guarantees them hate from certain fans and fandoms.

I keep telling you, but you refuse to accept this, hate for Kai is not simple "oh exols accused Jin of plagiarizing exo group pictire, let's hate him" this is them going out of their way to hate him. I am talking about nasty hate, I am talking about them OPENLY mocking his father's death, I am talking about hate that could easily be worth lawsuit. It's not "my fave is better than yours, Kai flopped" it is more than that.

You are obviously ignorant and you will obviously refuse to accept that this time they crossed the line of petty fanwars. This time it is serious.

You obviously have no idea of what's going on, so stop lecturing me. You simply don't know and refuse to do your own research and therefore your ignorant opinion is not welcomed. 🤚

• I know what's going on, at least on twitter there's always someone joking about some idol's dead relatives in fws. It's awful but I've seen it done to a few of them. You think that somehow Kai is this extra martyr because you are more in tune to the hate he receives. When Jimin's last release was badly received it also invited a lot of disgusting takes, still don't think he is any more scrutinized than other BTS members/BP members. They are just tools in fws unfortunately.

A lot of things are worth a lawsuit on twt. These users don't live in SK though, not easy to prosecute.

• I know what's going on, at least on twitter there's always someone joking about some idol's dead relatives in fws. It's awful but I've seen it done to a few of them. You think that somehow Kai is this extra martyr because you are more in tune to the hate he receives. When Jimin's last release was badly received it also invited a lot of disgusting takes, still don't think he is any more scrutinized than other BTS members/BP members. They are just tools in fws unfortunately.

A lot of things are worth a lawsuit on twt. These users don't live in SK though, not easy to prosecute.

The way you constantly miss my point on purpose.

Kai also had extreme scrutiny from armys after he released Rover. They had a lot to say about his (objectively good) music BUT that's not the point. I am telling you that hate has reached level past petty fanwars, past he is flop, he is a slut, he needs to get naked to get attention, he is bad rapper, he doesn't sell, he is not good dancer... past that. It has turned into unhinged nastiness and you can play dumb all you want with your biased and wrong comments.

• The way you constantly miss my point on purpose.

Kai also had extreme scrutiny from armys after he released Rover. They had a lot to say about his (objectively good) music BUT that's not the point. I am telling you that hate has reached level past petty fanwars, past he is flop, he is a slut, he needs to get naked to get attention, he is bad rapper, he doesn't sell, he is not good dancer... past that. It has turned into unhinged nastiness and you can play dumb all you want with your biased and wrong comments.

ok

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!