They promised they will giving unbiased treatment during SM 3.0

• I have always liked SM girl groups but it's really frustating especially now that they have aespa who outsold a lot of boy groups even some who are part of the Big 4.

LSM already gone and they still have favorites so it's kinda confirms my suspicions that they will still being treated just the same unless the current management being removed from their seat. They are part of the problem too

• LSM already gone and they still have favorites so it's kinda confirms my suspicions that they will still being treated just the same unless the current management being removed from their seat. They are part of the problem too

The fiasco with HYBE and Kakao proved that they are all shady. This new vision for SM does not exist. They won't bother to change their ways.

• First for aespa there the issue with them scrapping the songs Lee soo man made for them hence the delay

For taeyeon she’s been sending heavy hints of possibly not wanting to renew her contract. Perhaps they want to iron that out with her before any further releases

Lastly, when a lot of y’all were boycotting got the beat and let them flop badly; you didn’t think about the message that could potentially send to the company about the selling power of their female acts

• Frankly the way MYs and Exols keep busting their veins under every SHINee comeback news is getting tiring.

What favoritism? What bias?

Is doing your own work, arranging your own collaborations, producing your own albums and concerts favoritism???

SHINee never got a big push or big budget from SM, they learnt to work around every fuckery that company pulls. No one is stopping other artists from SM to do the same.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• it's not a gender thing they just have their favorites imo (altho their favs are two bgs)

Are you by chance the same red curtain user on twitter who thinks Key and Taemin ate CY and Sehun solo albums? Cause lol

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have always liked SM girl groups but it's really frustating especially now that they have aespa who outsold a lot of boy groups even some who are part of the Big 4.

I wouldn’t trust those sales numbers 100%, part of them could be company sajaegi. In other words, fake it until you make it

• First for aespa there the issue with them scrapping the songs Lee soo man made for them hence the delay

For taeyeon she’s been sending heavy hints of possibly not wanting to renew her contract. Perhaps they want to iron that out with her before any further releases

Lastly, when a lot of y’all were boycotting got the beat and let them flop badly; you didn’t think about the message that could potentially send to the company about the selling power of their female acts

aespa getting postponed for one more month

I mean the plan was being released just merely one month ago can't believe they just scrapped their plan for their female idols like that

aespa constanty being one of the currently most successful in that company but still getting delayed. So I don't think they care

What favoritism? What bias?

I only talk about in general of differences of SM treatment of their bgs and ggs

as expected of SM bg stans they are not aware of gender disparity in SM. Since their biases would routinely being prioritized and wouldn't experienced of how their biases getting long hiatus in their peak years and lack of content

• SM are publicly traded company so they would't fake their sales . Ironically LSM purposely decreased stock of the albums so in reality they could be selling more albums than now

Doesn't mean anything when their founder was embezzling millions of dollars from the company and his punishment was earning millions more from selling his stock.

• Doesn't mean anything when their founder was embezzling millions of dollars from the company and his punishment was earning millions more from selling his stock.

You are drifting from my point

My point is they wouldn't fake the album sales since it will be be held accountable to the shareholders

That's why LSM written LP contracts is one of leading to his downfall

• You are drifting from my point

My point is they wouldn't fake the album sales since it will be be held accountable to the shareholders

That's why LSM written LP contracts is one of leading to his downfall

I mean something like that would be so easy to get away with and nobody would really care because it would just be considered a promotional cost just like Youtube ads. Sajaegi is a common practice for decades in Korea.

• as expected of SM bg stans they are not aware of gender disparity in SM. Since their biases would routinely being prioritized and wouldn't experienced of how their biases getting long hiatus in their peak years and lack of content

yeah my bias had 2 year hiatus when they were rookies and doing well and got exiled to Japan

try again plz

• I think Aespa is getting delayed BECAUSE they are the biggest group. Not the other way round. Their next comeback has a lot riding on it for SM. No doubt about it.

• What’s this tea :pepe-joy:

There is an exol on twitter called redcurtain, they wrote an essay on how Key and Taemin are SM's golden boy and how they are the reason CY and Sehun didnt get their solo albums. The rant sorta became a joke/copy pasta

Idk how Taemin ate their album, cause he is been enlisted. Maybe gasoline MV budget ate some SM's solos solos.

• It’s too early to say that. We know about aespa’s delay before Kakao’s final acquisition so why act surprised now? Earlier CB =/= better treatment. What I would consider better treatment is better budget (hopefully two main title tracks after all the mess) and good exposure.

By good exposure I mean booking them in the fun and popular shows everyone was going to except them. It’s weird how SM was allergic to any profitable show for their artists in recent years. Like I remember when Jessi’s show was the biggest promoter to 4th gen groups and Jessi herself asked for aespa’s appearance but nothing.

Killing voice, that Live band show, and muJin service are also popular shows other 4th gen go to regularly to expose talents but SM just never book them there. I am 100% sure aespa will be a big hit in one of these shows. It’s not like aespa girls are really getting the exclusive treatment since they go to the most random unpopular shows for promo sometimes (I don’t dislike it tho but promo wise I just think: why?).

They also lack innovative personal shows/content like how NCT units get bunch of YT content every CB on their newest concept. They could do wonders with aespa’s concept if they cared enough.

Idk why fans are focused on lame music shows appearances and social media interactions when they ask for promo. Getting their own high quality stage with performance videos (for bsides) and fun YouTube content would be much better.

Also other examples of good treatment are better stage direction and budget in year end shows. Idk why they can’t see the potentials in these shows in growing fan base/interest.

Give a performance of a bside no one has heard of to get them interested. Let the girls do covers like everyone else has been doing over and over (I still can’t forget that festival where every group had to cover an earlier gen song and aespa went with Dreams Come True as the “cover”).

lt64IYu.gif

Edited 2 times, last by Yumeku: Correction: killing voice is popular but it’s not regular stop for 4th gen but only to artists that can sing. I think the “live” band one is the alternative for that ().

• I don't think "unbiased" treatment would ever happen in kpop companies business wise, so I don't know why they promised something impossible.

what they called unbiased treatment was that each group's comeback is funded by revenues and profits of their own. No more dipping their bread into each other's honey. The higher the actual profit margin, the better chances of promotion.

some people think thats beneficial to newer groups, others think its detrimental since it takes awhile for them to peak up.

Im not sure which way it will go for the new group under that system, but it makes sense that groups with less costly budget get to keep their money for their own promos.

• There is an exol on twitter called redcurtain, they wrote an essay on how Key and Taemin are SM's golden boy and how they are the reason CY and Sehun didnt get their solo albums. The rant sorta became a joke/copy pasta

Idk how Taemin ate their album, cause he is been enlisted. Maybe gasoline MV budget ate some SM's solos solos.

It’s so insulting to EXO tbh. They work hard and release things when they’re comfortable with it. I’m sure Chanyeol is slowly and steadily working on his album and doesn’t need any saving. Same with sehun, if he is ready and comfortable he will release his album.

• I mean something like that would be so easy to get away with and nobody would really care because it would just be considered a promotional cost just like Youtube ads. Sajaegi is a common practice for decades in Korea.

I never heard about company doing sajaegi when their stock are listed in KOSPI . Mind giving an example?

yeah my bias had 2 year hiatus when they were rookies and doing well and got exiled to Japan

try again plz

they were still releasing singles during their rookies year (2008-2010) so what do you mean by hiatus for 2 years? And how about lack of content?

I think Aespa is getting delayed BECAUSE they are the biggest group. Not the other way round. Their next comeback has a lot riding on it for SM. No doubt about it.

I hope you're right. But kinda skeptical with the current management

• that's not the point

My point is they are not keeping their promise for their female idols plan which are concerning . Then why would they make up cb plan for them just merely one month ago but fast forward one month later they changed the plan?

I am not fussy just gives us anything at elast give us pre-release but SM still silent until now. They already spoiled more than half of the albums and by the time they will comeback the hype for those songs might not there anymore. This is just like Coachella appearance, wasted hype once more.

?????

Now explain to me why would you want them to promote in April? I just don't understand the way some people think :skull:

Screenshot_20230324-041515_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

that's not my point

My point is they are not keeping their promise for their female idols plan which are a sign that we should be concerned . Then why would they make up cb plan for them just merely one month ago but fast forward one month later they changed the plan? And it's only happening for their female idols?

• that's not my point

My point is they are not keeping their promise for their female idols plan which are a sign that we should be concerned . Then why would they make up cb plan for them just merely one month ago but fast forward one month later they changed the plan? And it's only happening for their female idols?

Okay and hypocritically if they kept their promise AESPA wouldn't be able to promote and they would be dead exhausted and then you would complain how SM doesn't promote them enough and overworks them.

I think they had sit down and realized this plan is not going to work and they rescheduled, which was clever idea. Rare good idea from SM.

And don't worry, delays will happen to their male idols too. Year has just started :thumbup:

• Okay and hypocritically if they kept their promise AESPA wouldn't be able to promote and they would be dead exhausted and then you would complain how SM doesn't promote them enough and overworks them.

I think they had sit down and realized this plan is not going to work and they rescheduled, which was clever idea. Rare good idea from SM.

And don't worry, delays will happen to their male idols too. Year has just started :thumbup:

about taeyeon? why there are no news about her cb? Did SM have goldfish memory?

back to aespa,

This is not good idea but rather a sign of incompetent management. Why would they set up the plan for april cb in the first place eventhough they knew that aespa will have jam packed schedule because of JP tour? Why would SM make a promise one month ago they knew that they wouldn't able to keep one month later? This indicates that SM is still doesn't change and most of their promise for 3.0 are load of bs just to appease fans and investors.

• about taeyeon? why there are no news about her cb? Did SM have goldfish memory?

back to aespa,

This is not good idea but rather a sign of incompetent management. Why would they set up the plan for april cb in the first place eventhough they knew that aespa will have jam packed schedule because of JP tour? Why would SM make a promise one month ago they knew that they wouldn't able to keep one month later? This indicates that SM is still doesn't change and most of their promise for 3.0 are load of bs just to appease fans and investors.

Maybe they will announce her comeback any day from now or something happened so it was delayed. It can be SM mismanagement or it can be Taeyeon's decision or completely something else.

Yes, good morning. This is SM typical management and they won't change over night but we can only hope they will improve. That being said their decision to delay AESPA comeback was excellent idea. I wouldn't complain about that.

• they were still releasing singles during their rookies year (2008-2010) so what do you mean by hiatus for 2 years? And how about lack of content?

SHINee went on hiatus from mid 2010 to mid 2012, that happened when they were on top with Lucifer and Hello.

Content? We only started getting content from 2021

If getting content 13 years after debut is the favoritism you are wishing for, I hope you get it.

• Maybe they will announce her comeback any day from now or something happened so it was delayed. It can be SM mismanagement or it can be Taeyeon's decision or completely something else.

Yes, good morning. This is SM typical management and they won't change over night but we can only hope they will improve. That being said their decision to delay AESPA comeback was excellent idea. I wouldn't complain about that.

she supposed to come back early April. Even other acts that have plans to comeback after her already got confirmed by SM. Your reasoning of taeyeon and aespa delayed plans are based on assumptions, I am talking about the fact. The fact is only female idols plans that got delayed by SM. When they promised fair treatment from the beginning of SM 3.0.

Coincidence? I think not. Female idols aren't priority for SM and it's seems history will be written again unless management overhaul.

SM 3.0 '' we will release 7 albums in Q1 and we will treating the artist in unbiased manner " are all lies since they are operating just the same way like before.

In conclusion, SM 3.0 is operating like my new year resolutions, I'll just forget about it in 2 weeks.

• This thread contains 53 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!