HYBE chairman Bang Si Hyuk is saying that Kpop is slowing down

• He getting maissve criticism especially from kpop stans who don't Stan any HYBE groups.

But is he really wrong?

Actually you can't never predict what the future holds especially in kpop, but after over 5 years where the 4th generation started you can actually understand what he is saying.

Beside Album sales which is absolutely inflated there is not a big growth in the 4th generation compared to the 3rd generation. Also the fact that the face of Kpop BTS will be in hiatus and the other top groups from the 3rd generation are slowly stepping back and don't promote how they used to be you can see that it's hard to fill the gap for these top groups from this generation.

What do you think?

Are there anyone who believes we will see a new height and version of Hallyu wave?

• > kids already spent their parent's stimulus checks, covid funds

> expert confirm future downtrend looking at data

> CEO of multi-billion dollar conglomerate expresses this concern

> kpop fans act like they know more than businessmen and experts

• I think it might true at some point at least. Other than sales, I don't think kpop expand that much like what 2nd gen and 3rd gen do, so we can consider it as quite stagnant at this point. 2nd gen opened the market in asia and 3rd gen to the west and other continents. We can say 4th gen still didn't bring anything new to the table or at least contribute to kpop popularity worldwide. We're also about to face more severe economic crisis so perhaps the buying power from fans might dropped in near future. I actually understand their concerns.

• lol people was hating on Bang PD for nothing..💀

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• He's actually right 4gn is really stagnant, 4th gen started in 2018/2019 that's what 5 to 4 year of existence yet not a single group that debuted since is able to beat the previous generation numbers, if you take a look at the previous generations each one of them was abled to beat the achievements of their predecessors in all metrics but this generation is failing miserably

• Are people actually suprised?

Kpop has always been and still is niche genre, but wirh extremely dedicated fanbase.

Also Latin pop was always big, no? :pepestare:

A TON of people on Twitter was dragging tf out of Bang PD for saying that in his interview, which btw he was asked about it first lol, but still, people thought he was lying and just talking just to talk......

But as we can see, the truth was there.

My thing is this, it didn't even have to be him saying it.

It could've been another CEO from the BIG 4, and I get having dislike for someone, but if someone speaking facts, they speaking facts, whether we like the truth or not lol

• i wonder what he thinks will boost its growth -- hopefully the answer isn't "release even more music!"

HYBE (and others) need to work on integrating kpop artists work into the mainstream fabric.

a simple example is not only targeting K-Pop playlists when a new single drops...cough *On The Street* cough. many other cases come to mind.

BTS showed the way -- you need non K-Pop fans to discover your work and love it. I'm baffled labels are still focusing on fan-marketing alone, even if those fanbases do expand in size to the level of being able to achieve #1 albums and playing successful tours. There's still a lack of recognition beyond the core audience.

NewJeans as we know has an excellent shot of defying these odds but we will see how their team play their cards.

I'm intrigued to see what develops!

• BTS has not have any activities for over a year so of course the free influx of new fans has slowed down.

BTS has been feeding the entire industry for years with how much attention they bring every time they had proper comebacks.

OFC the free ride has ended once they went on hiatus :pepe-tea:

⟭⟬ ARTIST OF THE YEAR ⟭⟬

AWARDS-AMERICAN-MUSIC--97_1637613102609_1637613116956.JPG

• Kpop is still growing, just the rate of growth has slowed down.

Which literally reinforce he's saying kpop is in fact stagnant, the current problem with kpop is that instead of trying to create something new all they do is follow the tends and hope something will stick like literally there's no room for innovation, like if you go back to ten years ago you could literally draw i distinct line between kpop and the other genres but you can really do so now

• Girls Day tried to tell yall back in 2010.

External Content youtu.be

External Content youtu.be

• being chairman and saying thing like "kpop is slowing down"

is bad thing to do because it might cause panick between shareholders who will think that share price will go down because there will be less demand on the market for kpop...

External Content www.youtube.com

• being chairman and saying thing like "kpop is slowing down"

is bad thing to do because it might cause panick between shareholders who will think that share price will go down because there will be less demand on the market for kpop...

I don't think this is a secret among business people who involved in kpop especially the shareholders. In fact, it's so obvious and with him saying this in front of media I think he already discussed this behind the scenes with the whole company. They have doing a lot of bold move recently so it might related to this.

• BTS has not have any activities for over a year so of course the free influx of new fans has slowed down.

BTS has been feeding the entire industry for years with how much attention they bring every time they had proper comebacks.

OFC the free ride has ended once they went on hiatus :pepe-tea:

:pepe-tea:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!