Groups that no member stands out as a main dancer

• kpop fandoms tend to put ballet dancers on a pedestal but in reality there are usually other members in their groups who excel more at idol dancing. after all fluidity / flexibility isn’t everything there is to dance, and there are habits ingrained into ballet dancers that might not be suitable for the type of choreos they need to execute as idols. aside from kazuha, twice’s mina is another example that comes to mind where the ballerina isn’t really the best dancer in their group

Actually Mina is really quite good but is constantly overshadowed by momo. Mina has good form + precise execution but she lacks the strength (which people think Jihyo is better because she dances like end of the world). After years of ballets give you more flexibility and increase fluidity + also the accuracy in exectution, but the elegant nature of ballet tends to make them less energetic as compared to others but technique wise they're still above average.

I would still put Mina in top3 of Twice. #2 or #3 between Jihyo and Mina.

• Actually Mina is really quite good but is constantly overshadowed by momo. Mina has good form + precise execution but she lacks the strength (which people think Jihyo is better because she dances like end of the world). After years of ballets give you more flexibility and increase fluidity + also the accuracy in exectution, but the elegant nature of ballet tends to make them less energetic as compared to others but technique wise they're still above average.

I would still put Mina in top3 of Twice. #2 or #3 between Jihyo and Mina.

well yeah I didn’t say mina isn’t a good dancer, just not the absolute best dancer in the group, which is the point of this thread isn’t it? izone’s nako also dances ballet and idt anyone would say she’s the best dancer in izone either. that doesn’t mean she’s not good. same with kazuha. there’s a recurring theme here.

• well yeah I didn’t say mina isn’t a good dancer, just not the absolute best dancer in the group, which is the point of this thread isn’t it? izone’s nako also dances ballet and idt anyone would say she’s the best dancer in izone either. that doesn’t mean she’s not good. same with kazuha. there’s a recurring theme here.

Got your point 👍🏻 i agree fully.

It all depends on how they assimiliate what they learnt from ballet into idol dancing

• aespa is not making sense cause Karina's footwork is outstanding one of the best in this generation, not to mention her crazy good musicality. girlie improved a lot leaving everyone behind.

itzy for sure, i wouldn't be able to tell if it's Yeji or Chae. Ryujin is also here with her moments.

blackpink in their gold debut days, lisa? jennie? rose? you'll never know.

le sserafim Chaewon and Sakura especially

I agree with Gidle and mamamoo but Soojin had her moments

• Lisa being the main dancer of blackpink is more obvious than Karina being the best dancer of Aespa. And being a dancer is not just about foot work

• Gidle had one that stood out. ;(

• imo Soojin wasnt that much better than other members

imo Soyeon is kinda the best dancer :pepe-big-brain: At least the most charisma

Soojin drew attention.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Skill wise, her and Soyeon are/were the most skilled dancers for sure.

• I wonder if larger groups (like the two PD groups) might have been similar

I've only have recollection of watching the MV's ( I only knew of them after disbandment sooo)

For IZ*ONE, i think majority of them are decent dancers with only Sakura and hyewon being weaker. Chaeyeon and Eunbi (the main dancers) are not that far above others like Chaewon, Yena, Yujin. Hitomi and Nako are quite okay too. In SSOS dance break, you can see how all 5 doing the dance break is kinda on par

• Whereas Soyeon famously never draws attention.

People aren't saying Soojin is/was a bad dancer. She was a worthwhile Main Dancer. But there wasn't a vast difference between her and Soyeon, which was the question in the topic.

Gidle had one that stood out. ;(

Feel like in your haste to highlight Soojin you do Soyeon a disservice.

• Whereas Soyeon famously never draws attention.

People aren't saying Soojin is/was a bad dancer. She was a worthwhile Main Dancer. But there wasn't a vast difference between her and Soyeon, which was the question in the topic.

Feel like in your haste to highlight Soojin you do Soyeon a disservice.

The OP question is no member stands out as the main dancer, then qualified it later on to say all members are equally good or bad.

Soyeon and Soojin are the best dancers in the group and they stand out as such.

Soojin used to get most of the dance breaks or main dance parts, that is what made her stand out in the group.

• Lisa being the main dancer of blackpink is more obvious than Karina being the best dancer of Aespa. And being a dancer is not just about foot work

being a main dancer and being consistent are two different things. blackpink choreos are not about technique or anything, it's more like who's going to put more energy situation. if Rose and Jennie decide to make an effort that day, you really can't tell.

and as for aespa, it's "bite more than you can chew" savage and girls are all about locking, popping, isolations, handwork AND footwork. when 3 out of 4 have body control issues, often being off beat and shit. in blackpink it's not so obvious because the choreo is simple.

• being a main dancer and being consistent are two different things. blackpink choreos are not about technique or anything, it's more like who's going to put more energy situation. if Rose and Jennie decide to make an effort that day, you really can't tell.

and as for aespa, it's "bite more than you can chew" savage and girls are all about locking, popping, isolations, handwork AND footwork. when 3 out of 4 have body control issues, often being off beat and shit. in blackpink it's not so obvious because the choreo is simple.

Personally I don’t Karina is that good but I understand what you mean

• well yeah I didn’t say mina isn’t a good dancer, just not the absolute best dancer in the group, which is the point of this thread isn’t it? izone’s nako also dances ballet and idt anyone would say she’s the best dancer in izone either. that doesn’t mean she’s not good. same with kazuha. there’s a recurring theme here.

I think the dance order in Le Sserafim is Chaewon> Kazuha= Eunchae> Sakura> Yunjin. This is my subjective ranking. I saw in Chaewon main dancer material the others seem to be more or less on the same technical level. I know Kazuha is a ballet dancer, but her moves were very energetic and fluid. She just needs to dance a little sharper and cleaner.

• Personally I don’t Karina is that good but I understand what you mean

she's actually good it's people forcing their opinion about her that she's bad and sm is often setting her up with questionable choreos (just like her whole group if we're being honest). i feel like with time she will build her name but it's not like aespa's choreos are her style, we got a bit of her skills in got the beat only. if she gets solo opportunities, then we will see I guess.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!