NewJeans gets backlash for luxury fashion deals - should they stop?

• It was always dumb when people thought using the “instagram models” excuse to drag bp actually made sense anyway lol does being a musician mean you must slave away doing 1 single thing in your entire life and refuse any other opportunity that comes up? 😂 Do peeps even listen to their own words and realise how stupid they sound lol. Kpop stans never fail to humiliate themselves with their dumb drags; it’s like fan wars actively kill brain cells or something

• yeah, tracking on point.

Everybody hates successful people.

Do they even listen to themselves?

MHJ not only has been in the industry for years, but as a creative director.

Get the word "creative"? Fashion, that's what it means.

Fashion, image, direction. That's what a creative director does.

She has most big labels directors in her phone.

Work half as hard as her and you could get 1 number.

I don't get this stupid hate.

Everybody hated BP.

Now they moved to NJ just to hate?

If they hate insta that much, just log off.

• i feel like blinks are kind of misconstruing the criticism bp has gotten. people were criticizing bp for seemingly not caring about music or performing AT ALL and caring MORE about the fashion and brand deal side of the industry. i do believe bp gets some uncalled for criticism, but why are they trying to use new jeans as some example of how "wronged" bp was by the kpop community? new jeans members already have musical credits. this brand deal stuff is just extra and probably ador's master plan to expand the group's reach. their mv styling already makes it clear min heejin has a fashion vision for the group too. back in the day pop music and pop stars had a huge hold and influence on fashion trends. this is all just a revival of that concept.

who's your favorite artist?

• In my opinion only people who are famous for their fashion sense should be a fashion ambassator, but that's just my opinion. And at the end of the day, If a fashion brand decides to sponsor a group, why would the label refuse on that? the fashion brand decides to what kind of market to brand it's product, and If they want to raise the sales in Asia, It's natural they are going to choose the most popular girl group.

Also, at the stage of their career, NewJeans probably have no say on this, they can't refuse a photoshoot, collaboration or deal - so I don't get why people are targeting the girls themselfes

• I think it's just straight up mean.
    Let these girls have their career and stop hating on them.
    I doubt any of these K-Pop stans who hate on NWJNS for having brand deals ever got one themselves.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• i feel like blinks are kind of misconstruing the criticism bp has gotten. people were criticizing bp for seemingly not caring about music or performing AT ALL and caring MORE about the fashion and brand deal side of the industry. i do believe bp gets some uncalled for criticism, but why are they trying to use new jeans as some example of how "wronged" bp was by the kpop community? new jeans members already have musical credits. this brand deal stuff is just extra and probably ador's master plan to expand the group's reach. their mv styling already makes it clear min heejin has a fashion vision for the group too. back in the day pop music and pop stars had a huge hold and influence on fashion trends. this is all just a revival of that concept.

not caring about music and performance at all? that's exactly the problem the assumptions. I'm sorry but if their label don't want them to release as much music. is it their fault?

not to mention they have said they are always recording music it's just not everything gets released that's an issue that YG artists have it's not only bp. The ig model thing people used against them was uncalled for and getting brand deals it wasn't handed to them it took a while for them to get those deals it was based on their individual media presence some of them were working with other brands before landing their global ambassador thing.

• IMO, it IS a bit "off" that some previously unknowns are getting some huge name brand deals so early on (and individually I might add, not as a debuted group), but no one's calling them insta models because the music output has also been steady. Do I think it points to company connections rather than actual popularity - yes. Will these brand deals help them rise in popularity? Undoubtedly. It's been proven that these are enormously successful strategies to augment and sometimes carry popularity and reach.

So once again, their marketing department is hitting all the right points - kudos to them. Combined with a steady output rate for both this and good catchy music - I think it's looking like a winning combo.

• IMO, it IS a bit "off" that some previously unknowns are getting some huge name brand deals so early on (and individually I might add, not as a debuted group), but no one's calling them insta models because the music output has also been steady. Do I think it points to company connections rather than actual popularity - yes. Will these brand deals help them rise in popularity? Undoubtedly. It's been proven that these are enormously successful strategies to augment and sometimes carry popularity and reach.

So once again, their marketing department is hitting all the right points - kudos to them. Combined with a steady output rate for both this and good catchy music - I think it's looking like a winning combo.

mate, when I said MHJ is a genius I was not joking.

• NWJNS the main topic once again. NWJNS got every big fandom's veins poppng, NWJNS threads get a bunch of non fans to give their two cents, NWJNS get brand deals and it's a topic of discussion, heck even the people trying to disprove their popularity are only adding to the fact that they are famous and being talked about all of the time. Congrats girls you made it :pepe-cowboy:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!