Why didn’t Hybe give the same playlisting to Txt like NewJeans?

• NewJeans is always on TTH meanwhile Txt had no playlisting, so Sugar Rush Ride already fall out of Spotify Global after 2 weeks while OMG rises after 1 month. Why the different treatment?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Because it's understandable for Nj to get that playlist with their songs getting viral here and there. I'm not really surprised when Nj get that high monthly listeners when a lot of my non kpop fans friends know their songs, listen to it everyday and even know the choreography. But I will be surprised if it's a bg with unheard songs did that. You can fake it until you make it but at least make it a little make sense.

• Each company decides what they want to do with their budget.

Unless you are trying to break into the US market, it is only good for noise marketing. "xyz got #82 in billboard"????

• Bcs bighit sucks, BTS solo songs has shitty playlsting too

Yes ditto/omg weren't added to tth right away, but were added to other big playlists

playlist reach

ditto day 4-43M,day5- 56 M

omg day 4-42M,day5- 54 M

sugar rush ride day 4-20.5M,day5- 21M

BH should promote their acts better

• Insane playlisting and apparently they went viral yet people dont listen to them anywhere but spotify? Quite interesting.

People can keep emoting me instead of replying because it was literally a massive thing on western chart forums the autoplay Payola.

• + Autoplay payola which is quite new.

• + Autoplay payola which is quite new.

you learn new word and post it in every newjeans thread

it's your new coping mechanism ?

Just deal with it

Yes new jeans has good playlisting ( bp too has good playlisting idk why you're so salty) but they had good 1st day streams without playlisting. Playlisting helped them with longevity+ more people discovered their songs

• you learn new word and post it in every newjeans thread

it's your new coping mechanism ?

Just deal with it

Yes new jeans has good playlisting ( bp too has good playlisting idk why you're so salty) but they had good 1st day streams without playlisting. Playlisting helped them with longevity+ more people discovered their songs

No its been a thing since January and you can continue to dismiss it but its a big reason why songs have been having massive gains and drops.

Be Business-minded: What is Spotify trying to achieve with the auto-play?
    What do you think is Spotify trying to achieve with auto-play even on premium subscribers? It used to be with freemium only where they have limited skips, and…
    atrl.net

Spotify modifies autoplay payola. Sabrina drops like a rock.
    Jan 25: Spotify Global: #13 - Nonsense - 3.199M streams Spotify US: #13 - Nonsense - 832k streams Jan 26: Spotify Global: #50(-37) - Nonsense - 1.88M(-1.3M)…
    atrl.net

Nonsense gets a new streaming peak on Sunday. Is Autoplay payola too much now?
    I know many likes Sabrina here and this post is not to target her. But this is very suspicious, I posted about this earlier too how Nonsense, Kill Bill and…
    atrl.net

Spotify debuts new payola. Autoplay rigged to boost songs
    So for past 2 days, random songs are rising on Spotfiy by a lot and some songs are losing a lot of streams. In the above pic , user is playing a Drake song but…
    atrl.net

Nonsense freefalls on Spotify (-37)
    #50 (-37) Nonsense by Sabrina Carpenter - 1,886,996 This comes after Spotify was mysteriously down yesterday for many users across the world. The last time it…
    atrl.net

Its a reason as to why flowers had such big peaks and continues to do so.

If they went tik tok viral they would have more then 300k videos and they would be doing numbers elsewhere and not just spotify.

Something else I can add which is the most shocking thing is New Jeans doing so good on USA spotify it beats money when Money had 5.3m videos at its peak which was not long after it went viral.

5.3m at its peak vs 300k tik tok videos yet NJ random beats Money on USA spotify.. seems legit.

• TxT = under Bighit

NewJeans = under Ador

LsF = under source.

hybe doesnt call the shots in managing the groups.

Why do folks continue to insist that the tail wags the dog?

BangPD runs everything. He could literally fire MHJ tomorrow if he wanted to and take over Ador. Those subsidiaries arent guaranteed to have complete control of the management of their groups, they have as much leeway as Bangpd and Hybe allows.

• Why do folks continue to insist that the tail wags the dog?

BangPD runs everything. He could literally fire MHJ tomorrow if he wanted to and take over Ador. Those subsidiaries arent guaranteed to have complete control of the management of their groups, they have as much leeway as Bangpd and Hybe allows.

Yeah, I'm confused people really think that just because they are a sub-label they are not controlled by BangPd.

• Yeah im confused like people really think just because they are are a sub label they are not controlled by BangPd

I see this mistake everywhere, here and on TW and YT. Do folks really think BangPD or any other CEO would spend literal millions of hard earned bucks to acquire or invest in another label or a new group without having some form of ultimate control over their management and activities?

Do folks really think BangPD went "here, Min Hee shi, i'm gonna give you 10 million bucks you go and do whatever you want with it i dont care?" lol. If MHJ wanted to do a Lolita concept next, do folks really think BangPD would be powerless, that he would have to just sit there and let her destroy Ador and Hybe's reputation?

It doesnt work this way. It's literally in the definition of a subsidiary/parent relationship. MHJ may in fact have complete control of the creative concepts, songs, productions, marketing of New Jeans. But they are all ALWAYS subject to approval by Hybe.

• I see this mistake everywhere, here and on TW and YT. Do folks really think BangPD or any other CEO would spend literal millions of hard earned bucks to acquire or invest in another label or a new group without having some form of ultimate control over their management and activities?

Do folks really think BangPD went "here, Min Hee shi, i'm gonna give you 10 million bucks you go and do whatever you want with it i dont care?" lol. If MHJ wanted to do a Lolita concept next, do folks really think BangPD would be powerless, that he would have to just sit there and let her destroy Ador and Hybe's reputation?

It doesnt work this way. It's literally in the definition of a subsidiary/parent relationship. MHJ may in fact have complete control of the creative concepts, songs, productions, marketing of New Jeans. But they are all ALWAYS subject to approval by Hybe.

Good post. Yep. The final stamp of approval still goes to Bangpd’s desk.

When HYBE first went public, they said all sublabels are managed independently of each other. Stop the conspiracy theory.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• When HYBE first went public, they said all sublabels are managed independently of each other. Stop the conspiracy theory.

I don't know how they keep repeating this over and over when the proof is right there.

Q: Is the promo the same for all these Hybe groups?

OBVIOUSLY NOT and y'all make post after post about it.

Q: Well, what's the difference then?

THEY ARE ALL UNDER DIFFERENT SUB LABELS

So let put 2 and 2 together shall we?

Different sub labels under Hybe employ different marketing strategies!!

ISTG, these people just prefer conspiracy theories and thus try to make every single little thing into one. Why? Is it juicier to pretend that Hybe is actively sabotaging some of its groups in favor of others? USE YOUR HEADS. Why don't they just disband them then instead of continuing to put money into these groups they're sabotaging then????

• Even in the same label, for example txt and bts do not have the same strategies and same teams

Bang PD stepped down a long time ago, he focuses on producing music now

• JYP isn’t the CEO anymore but he still has influence.

Ador is basically a new company with really any impact. It’s not MHJ who decides if they will get play-listing or not.

JYP also have different sub labels with completely different management teams. Sure JYP has a say but he's not the one managing who gets playlisting and who doesn't, that's PR and management.

NO. Bangpd DOES NOT RUN EVERYTHING.

idk why you even think he does. He delegated the Hybe US to scooter - which means scooter calls all the shots at the US market , not bang. And this goes for Ador, Pledis, Source, etc. Bang doesnt micromanage each of the subsidiary. That's why we have "CEOS for each of the subsidiary" since..

1. Bang is a human being and not Santa claus. - He doesnt have the time or the means to "run" everything. that's not how businesses work.

2. Other than bighit, Bang had no say in their growth or management of each sublabel; and i think they specified in their contract that the each subunit is responsible for their team - this includes but not limited to promoting their groups, what concept they'd follow, how they train, who they collaborate with, how they spend their money, how their concerts are held, where their concerts are held, and yes, even playlisting.. etc

3. Hybe does oversee how much money is allocated to each sublabel, and step in IF they need to.

it's like the US gov. each sub label is a state with their own policy and laws and economy. if one state does well, u dont give the president any credit, you give credit to the governor.

and just like any state, if a sublabel is not profitable , tha'ts when the feds step in to intervene - but if each sublabel is doing well, they let them be.

idk why u'd even think Bang "runs" everything -or any CEO 'runs' everything. Bang specifically told the world he's tired of running things and gave up the ceo position to be chairman and producer. he doesnt need the headache, so he delegated it to someone else.

im sure he does have influence and he does make his opinions be heard in meetings in which direction he wants the company to go - that's what chairmen do, but they usually never get involved in micromanaging the company, as long as the company stays profitable. if the ceo they appointed does a lousy job, then they fire them and find another one.

i know, since im in the business world and im doing most of my boss' work.

IKR u have to be incredibly naive to believe that bang pd and his grp of top management execs don't have the final say in everything

• Even in the same label, for example txt and bts do not have the same strategies and same teams

Yes, but they are more similar than some of the others - both are under Big Hit and were put together by BangPD with no other label at the time. There was no Hybe. The difference is that BTS had already grown and become huge when TXT debuted. IMO, differences in the company, resources and management all took place because of this growth and the plans for subsequent expansion into Hybe. Combined with increased resources and BangPD having to manage more than just BigHit, TXT were never going to be marketed the same as when BH was just a small poor company.

• IKR u have to be incredibly naive to believe that bang pd and his grp of top management execs don't have the final say in everything

But having final say doesn't mean that the marketing coming out will be the same and the proof is in the pudding. It's looking as though as long as the sub-labels stay within budget, they are allowed to choose where to allocate the money (of course I'm sure there is an approval process). MHJ touched on this, didn't she?

• But having final say doesn't mean that the marketing coming out will be the same and the proof is in the pudding. It's looking as though as long as they stay in financial parameters, they are allowed to choose where to allocate the money. MHJ touched on this, didn't she?

I mean idk how much of newjeans Spotify rise is because if Spotify playlisting + autoplay but if it is a lot like some blinks claim, then that stuff requires both a big budget and some western connections which requires bang pd intervention

The tug of war for Spotify playlisting is a real thing and even big western labels fight to get their acts the prime positions on tth when multiple big acts release on the same day

• I mean idk how much of newjeans Spotify rise is because if Spotify playlisting + autoplay but if it is a lot like some blinks claim, then that stuff requires both a big budget and some western connections which requires bang pd intervention

The tug of war for Spotify playlisting is a real thing and even big western labels fight to get their acts the prime positions on tth when multiple big acts release on the same day

So are you in the court of believing Bang PD is sabotaging BTS? :woow:

• But having final say doesn't mean that the marketing coming out will be the same and the proof is in the pudding. It's looking as though as long as the sub-labels stay within budget, they are allowed to choose where to allocate the money (of course I'm sure there is an approval process). MHJ touched on this, didn't she?

This is exactly how it works probably. But folks on here and elsewhere thinking that the CEO of a subsidiary does whatever she wants without any oversight from the parent company got me lookin at them like.... :pepestare:

I mean hell even BangPd technically has to answer to the Board of Directors, and everyone including the Board must eventually answer to shareholders who are the actual owners of the company.

But for some reason, people think because Ador is an "independent label" that Min Hee Jin just does whatever she wants like wut? :pepefacepalm:

Ultimately, i think she is free to do whatever she wants within the limits set by Hybe.

• Ultimately, i think she is free to do whatever she wants within the limits set by Hybe.

Ok, so we're in agreement there. And it seems she chose to market them one way, while others do things differently cause if Hybe were deciding, wouldn't they market them all the same way to maximize success? But they don't, so it's not them, it must be at a lower level - the sub-label level.

Screen Shot 2023-02-12 at 8.38.12 PM.png

• This thread contains 38 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!