Why do female fans make female idols lives harder than they need to be?

• Do you think there is a single male fan that cares how Wonyoung eats food?

Or how Jennie was twerking half naked on stage?

Or how Leeseo didn't know Pikachu?

Or how Danielle called it China?

Or how Wonyoung always looking for center?

Or how AOA didn't know their history?

Do female fans have nothing better to do or do they do it cause they see these idols as threats who can steal their oppas?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Whenever there is a scandal in kpop, the majority of people talking about it will obviously be female because the majority of kpop fans are female.

If you want to see fanboys at work, then you need to look at male-dominated entertainment like football. It's been 2 decades and fanboys are still getting in heated debates over whether South Korea cheated in the 2002 FIFA World Cup.

• Because the mysogny won't work itself 🤡 so they do it for them no men required,😂😂😂

• Female fans aren't the ones making them do weird stuff or sexualizing them in a weird way. And if you think it's only women who criticize women to this extent then you need to go outside because men are just as, if not, more misogynistic.

And on the Danielle thing you'd see that most of the views and weird comments were from extremely nationalistic 40+ yr old men who always come out when it comes to similar controversies.

At the end of the day even if they do blow up stupid stuff like this, ask any female idol if they would rather have female fans or male fans and I guarantee you 90% of the time answer will be female fans.

• Female fans aren't the ones making them do weird stuff or sexualizing them in a weird way. And if you think it's only women who criticize women to this extent then you need to go outside because men are just as, if not, more misogynistic.

And on the Danielle thing you'd see that most of the views and weird comments were from extremely nationalistic 40+ yr old men who always come out when it comes to similar controversies.

At the end of the day even if they do blow up stupid stuff like this, ask any female idol if they would rather have female fans or male fans and I guarantee you 90% of the time answer will be female fans.

Ok yeah I can see older men getting upset with the Danielle thing but why don't these same female fans make male idols lives miserable by nitpicking everything they do or don't do?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• as a male fan
    all of that list male fans doesn't care

about that
    as long as the girls are pretty

the negative traits is just forgivable

compare to female fans
    their is a reason female fans hate cute and sexy GG
    some are protective but most of them slut shame the sexy cute GG
    like back on TWICE peak

their is a reason majority of women like Girl Crush

Patriarchy made us believe that any woman who likes to be feminine, likes to act cute, likes to be delicate, only does it because she wants male approval, so she has to be a fake bitch.

Y’all realize how misogynistic this is? And the worst part is that people keep feeding this stereotype. I assure you if Wonyoung had a “tomboy”, “badass” or “girl crush” image she would NEVER receive this amount of hate. If she tried to portray an “I’m not like the other girls” image she would be backed up by everyone.

The same people who can’t stand when a girl acts cute

Edited 3 times, last by Michael-6 ().

• It's not about gender, it's about passion and the depth of involvement.

As a whole, girls and women have always been more interested in K-pop than boys and men, and also been more deeply (emotionally) committed and involved into K-pop.

It stands to reason that, if you're deeper emotionally attached to your passion interest, your likings and dislikings will also be heightened. Female K-pop fans are usually more deeply into boy groups and more forgiving towards boy idols. and more critical towards girl idols (esp those that aren't part of their biases).

But you can bet your ass that if the majority of boys and men were as heavily and passionately into K-pop as they are with for example sports, cars and games, you'd see as many (if not more) male fans haze and shade girl idols as female fans do.

Case in point, 'Gamer Gate', where passionate male gamers went beyond out of their way to make a female game developer's life impossible.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Patriarchy made us believe that any woman who likes to be feminine, likes to act cute, likes to be delicate, only does it because she wants male approval, so she has to be a fake bitch.

Y’all realize how misogynistic this is? And the worst part is that people keep feeding this stereotype. I assure you if Wonyoung had a “tomboy”, “badass” or “girl crush” image she would NEVER receive this amount of hate. If she tried to portray an “I’m not like the other girls” image she would be backed up by everyone.

The same people who can’t stand when a girl acts cute

Good points. I noticed it during the height of Hunger Games. Pseudo-Feminists like to call Katniss Everdeen strong but hated on Bella Swan. Patriarchy is not alive simply because of men upholding it but also women who are supporting it.

Though I don't agree with the girl crush part because Jennie gets hated a lot.

🆈🅴🅰🅷, 🅱🆁🆄🅲🅴 🅱🅴 🅿🆁🅾🆄🅳

🅸'🅼 🆆🅰🆃🅴🆁

🅼🅾🆅🅴🆂, 🆃🅷🅴🆈 🆂🆃🅰🅶🅶🅴🆁

🆆🅰🆃🆃🅰🅷!

External Content www.youtube.com

• How people gonna get mad at me for asking this question but then prove I'm right by saying most kpop fans are girls so of course they do this way more than guys?

• if you don't think there are male fans who don't like that jennie twerks on stage, you're wrong. kpop has a surprising amount of fans who are white supremacist incels who fetishize asian women. they want asian women to be docile and submissive and pure and uncorrupted by feminism, so when they see stuff like jennie twerking they become genuinely angry.

• "Or how Jennie was twerking half naked on stage?"

When? :pepe-hype:

Calm down. You are out of control lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!