Koreans are laughing at us right now, and it's all because of "nugu" word!

• here is the tea

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

외국케이팝팬들 망돌을 nugu라고 부르는게 너무 웃김.twt - 스퀘어 카테고리
    라는 한국팬 트윗에 한국팬들이 유래 아니었냐며 쇼크먹는 외국케이팝팬들 반응.... https://img.theqoo.net/TicwU https://img.theqoo.net/Aycks https://img.theqoo.net/ROhSl…
    theqoo.net

1. Koreans don't know who to take care of..? Foreign fans who saw this and followed it hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

2. ☞ It must have been like that lol We have an eternal pronoun to listen to.

3. It must have been a long time since nugu was used in an unfamiliar meaning in overseas K-pop versions?

4. it's like a kangaroo

5. Some people are Korean and they hear it from Korean fans, but they use it. The great use of nugu came from overseas fans hahahaha

6. By tying up the unheard-of class, by tying up the Nugu territory, by tying up the small companies, and by tying up the Nugu company, they use it well without even hearing about it...

7. If we wanted to use it, we would have written it all up, but who are you guys going to write and be surprised at?

External Content www.youtube.com

• Oh. And all this time I thought we were using nugu because nuguya means 'who are you?' and people wanted a Korean word to express that they think certain groups are nobodies.

:sweat:

• personally
    I used Nugu as means as from small company?
    most of us rank them as high mid low or big medium small

basically I didn't use it as an insult
    I used it as where they come from the beginning

why some fans easily offended if their favorite has a reputation from humble /small company?

personally doesn't matter for me whatever tier my favorite start
    as long as I like their visual+ song auto stan

some of my bias are from Nugu
    Chocolat
    Stellar
    Dal Shabet
    Momoland
    etc

• It has some other meaning then ? didn't read

They had another term, "mangdol".

But people said that the meaning of that term is worse because it means something like "failed idol", a failure.

• They had another term, "mangdol".

But people said that the meaning of that term is worse because it means something like "failed idol", a failure.

jep. its what koreans use. apparently they are used a more brutal and direct language.

the meaning is the same tho . nugu may sound nicer. but an idol that nobody knows is basicly a failed idol.

another point is why is stayc on nugupromoter?

• Sometimes I would see that term when autotranslating Korean people's comments https://namu.wiki/w/망돌

What I want to ask them is why they keep saying "Wow" "Crazy" "Isn't... Don't...?" "F*ck" and "No but"

jep. its what koreans use. apparently they are used a more brutal and direct language.

the meaning is the same tho . nugu may sound nicer. but an idol that nobody knows is basicly a failed idol.

It was before their debut and the tweet talks about how they weren't posted about anymore once they sold 10,000 copies

• Nugu basically means who?

But foreign Kpop fans use it for Groups that are known in SK for Korean Kpop fans.

The basic rule is....

If you appear on a SK National Network Music Show then you are not a nugu.

• I just see the groups that appear at the start of music shows as a significant tier above never appearing on TV, but I would see them both as unknown

• I just see the groups that appear at the start of music shows as a significant tier above never appearing on TV, but I would see them both as unknown

That's not how it works because there are a huge amount of Kpop Groups that can't get on those Shows which means they have zero exposure to the millions of SK Viewers.

So maybe the phrase applies to the first time appearance but those that don't even get that are......

• That's not how it works because there are a huge amount of Kpop Groups that can't get on those Shows which means they have zero exposure to the millions of SK Viewers.

So maybe the phrase applies to the first time appearance but those that don't even get that are......

Yeah you are right, it's a lot better than never getting on a music show and only busking, they are not equally indie but I would still see them both as indie like an artist with 1,000 followers versus an artist with 50

• jep. its what koreans use. apparently they are used a more brutal and direct language.

Yes a good portion of our language is more direct same is true of our culture. So it's not uncommon to see forgieners think us rude but then they never take the time to learn anything about us or our culture and understand the situation. This is 10000% True for forgien kpop fans🤡🤡🤡

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!