The knetizens debated about nj popularity

• their korean fanbase isn't here... ..they didn't voted yes i know they re still rookies..but i notice yet their streaming mv youtube views is so suspect tho compared at the charts stream..like spotify or melon...

They re popular for their music no the members..

The knetizens think hybe buy stream or give them deals...

Their International fans dont know voted tho..only hybe stans did care about them

[enter-talk] NEWJEANS WHO ARE SUPER POPULAR BUT NOT POPULAR AT THE SAME TIMR
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

• I do agree their core fanbase doesn't seem too strong at all. They need to work on that. But it's hard to argue their popularity in SK when like every idol alive has talked about them/danced Hype Boy.

As far as YT views go, it's pretty clear they don't buy a ton of ads or make MVs designed for mass streaming. Once you take away the ads, most MVs from big groups put up similar numbers.

This site shows YT views without ads/bots:

Known Ad-Promoted K-Pop MVs
    List of K-Pop Music Videos with Ad promoted (non-organic) views
    kpop.daisuki.com.br

• not coming for the youtube views when literally they have 0 ads and most of the kpop mvs actual views are like 60 70 80 % of ads :pepe-cut:

newjeans views are 100% organic

newjeans is probably the act with the most organic views and streams . the numbers dont lie

are you coming for newjeans mv views but how about their music on youtube music?

people who actually listen to newjeans are literally 100% into their music

Imagen

spotify

people are coming for their playlist but before any playlist they were still getting huge numbers now HYBE is just doing what a normal company would do

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

now look at this list ( not updated they are at 14.9M now) they are only behind BP, The ronettes, little mix and 5H

that's crazy huge. they will probably pass destiny's child by tomorrow

Imagen

people are just really INTO their music now they just need to solidify their fandom :finger-heart:

Edited 2 times, last by sorecer ().

• From what you shared, it looks like newjeans don’t have a large fandom but they have gp and casual fans.

• I don't think most 4th gen girl groups have stable fandoms who'll go out of their way to vote for them. Why is it that when it comes to voting, it's still almost always Twice vs BP for #1? We know album sales are bought in bulk these days so I don't know if that's a good indicator of fandom anymore.

But they're going great digitally and they have the public's interest, so I think NewJeans will only grow.

TWICE

30glhdbncad91.gif

• not coming for the youtube views when literally they have 0 ads and most of the kpop mvs actual views are like 60 70 80 % of ads :pepe-cut:

newjeans views are 100% organic

Bragging about yt views in 2023 :clown:

Op, Itzy chesire had 40+ millions in first week but their real views ended up being 16. There's nothing wow about yt views anymore because they are heavily inflated by ads

• If they don't have a core fanbase then what was with Attention's irrational initial charting 😭 That song would rise on Melon at like 3am lmaoo and it was very similar to how IZ*ONE songs would perform, I guess they had the help of ARMYs then.

I still think aespa have the biggest domestic fandom but you have to consider that this group literally JUST debuted so of course their fandom wont be as strong in this area, give them a couple months or so.

Not even gonna talk about the sajaegi accusations because every popular GG gets those once they do well. You just seem angry that people are starting to count IVE out of the 4th Gen leader race in favor of NJ but it makes no sense to take it out on them and start doubting their success.

• External Content twitter.com

So they do have a mid sized fandom, which will only grow more. Let’s see what the future brings for newjeans

• The main question mark for me is how their album sales dont match up to their fanvotes. I dunno what Mubeat voting is, i dunno if it's limited to Korea or includes I Fans, but look at how low NJ Mubeats votes are compared to even their contemporaries like Ive, Kepler, Itzy and LSRFM who have 4x the number of votes. This would imply that NJ doesnt have much of a fanbase and all their support comes from GP and casuals, yet they also have huge album sales (over 800k preorders), more than Kepler and almost as much as LSRFM.

It's weird :pepe-shrug:

• The main question mark for me is how their album sales dont match up to their fanvotes. I dunno what Mubeat voting is, i dunno if it's limited to Korea or includes I Fans, but look at how low NJ Mubeats votes are compared to even their contemporaries like Ive, Kepler, Itzy and LSRFM who have 4x the number of votes. This would imply that NJ doesnt have much of a fanbase and all their support comes from GP and casuals, yet they also have huge album sales (over 800k preorders), more than Kepler and almost as much as LSRFM.

Imo buying an album is way easier, nowadays is so accesible too, so many sites to buy it

Voting takes time, if u have never done it u need to install apps for each voting and make multiple accounts and all that take time, time casual fans simply won't waste. Buying an album may take 10m, listening to a song in Spotify or yt 3m but voting constantly can take at least 1 hour or more

Not eveybody Stan like that

Actually the same thing are also roughly happened with ive...

They had high stream, high sales yet their voting is weaker than mid tier group.

For IVE case, it's because of their demography. The high sales are coming from mothers or aunties who bought the abums for their kids or nephew/nieces. Those babies also stream like a bot ^^ (but they are just far more cuter).

But for voting, many of them didn't even know what a voting is ^^

Maybe the same case could be happened with NewJeans too, but for voting stuff, the reason they are low maybe just like the other said, their core fandom are still growing, and the gp only knows the song (since voting are usually a fandom's activity)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!