IU and Jungkook are the only 2 Korean singers to feature in Rolling Stones 200 greatest singers of all time list

• The RS greatest of all time lists are the most respected in the industry and are updated once every few years

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ArmyTaglist

And Jk has not even debuted as soloist yet and gotten a chance to display his full range in an album

Edited once, last by paradis ().

• Posting my fave Jk vocal performance this year...epic every single time he sings it...goosebumps

• this list isn't based on vocal talent but influence, they literally say it in the introduction to the list, i mean billie eilish and the weeknd and taylor swift are in it :pepe-shrug::pepe-shrug:

Well its says greatest singers not greatest vocal ability. If people cared about the best vocalists this list would be full of opera singers, and Dimash would be the best selling artist in the world

--

From the article itself

Before you start scrolling (and commenting), keep in mind that this is the Greatest Singers list, not the Greatest Voices List. Talent is impressive; genius is transcendent. Sure, many of the people here were born with massive pipes, perfect pitch, and boundless range. Others have rougher, stranger, or more delicate instruments. As our write-up for the man who ended up at Number 112 notes, “Ozzy Osbourne doesn’t have what most people would call a good voice, but boy does he have a great one.” That could apply to more than a few people here.

• this list isn't based on vocal talent but influence, they literally say it in the introduction to the list, i mean billie eilish and the weeknd and taylor swift are in it :pepe-shrug::pepe-shrug:

Sm stans attacking Weeknd for vocals now, you all should start your vocal academy atp and start training artists since you all are the only experts.

The list lists 200 greatest singers of all time. Vocal talent is a clear criteria too if you look at just the top 10. If influence alone was the metric, MJ would be 1 on the list. But yes let's act like the list is not important and vocals have no role to play in choosing anyone when Jk's whole write up is on his vocals.

• Sm stans attacking Weeknd for vocals now, you all should start your vocal academy atp and start training artists since you all are the only experts.

The list lists 200 greatest singers of all time. Vocal talent is a clear criteria too if you look at just the top 10. If influence alone was the metric, MJ would be 1 on the list. But yes let's act like the list is not important and vocals have no role to play in choosing anyone when Jk's whole write up is on his vocals.

yes they said it was a mix of things so

• yes they said it was a mix of things so

And you think this is a drag how? One thing or a mix of things, I know for sure no SM male vocalist was making to any 200 greatest singers list based on pure vocals either.

• And you think this is a drag how? One thing or a mix of things, I know for sure no SM male vocalist was making to any 200 greatest singers list based on pure vocals either.

its not necessarily a drag just not the main element that got him on the list obviously

• I get the chills every time he sings that part.

• And then why do you come to this thread? What are you trying to imply? Can you keep that chin out of ARMY threads already? I don't have time to go to other groups threads to say whatever, why do you always seem to be so jobless? That's not healthy for you, dear.

the title of this thread starts with iu

so its not really an army thread

and i am not offending anyone i am just pointing out that vocal talent is not necessarily the main influence in the making of this list as its described in its introduction

sorry to offend u with my presence in a public forum though

• And then why do you come to this thread? What are you trying to imply? Can you keep that chin out of ARMY threads already? I don't have time to go to other groups threads to say whatever, why do you always seem to be so jobless? That's not healthy for you, dear.

Sm group stans are like the Candyman, you stand in front of the mirror and repeat "BTS good vocalists" 3 times and they will appear :pepe-laser-eyes:

• Your comment is about JK, not IU.

And you don't "offend" me lol. I just don't understand your obsession with trying to drag BTS. Just enjoy your faves :pepe-shrug:

• Your comment is about JK, not IU.

And you don't "offend" me lol. I just don't understand your obsession with trying to drag BTS. Just enjoy your faves :pepe-shrug:

No it's about both of them I don't think iu is somekind of amazing vocalists u armies are the ones who have tunnel vision and think anyone who mentions bts is obsessed with them

• No it's about both of them I don't think iu is somekind of amazing vocalists u armies are the ones who have tunnel vision and think anyone who mentions bts is obsessed with them

Yutazenn, who you fooling here? You literally used to go around introducing yourself as a leftover BTS fan now anti :pepe-shame:

• welp, I didn't need those For Youth clips, now I'm depressed :emotionalpepe::pepe-slash:

I'm quite surprised not to see Baekhyun, Ailee, Taeyeon or Lee Hi on the list though. I think they deserve it.

Based on popularity ofc

:pepewhat: What are you on? If this was only about popularity I doubt IU would be above JK, no matter how great she is, since this is a western publication. She's an unknown singer in the western world, unless you're a kpoppie or a kdrama addict.

• SM stans seem to be confused. You have to sing live to be a singer. How can you be on a greatest singer list if you don’t do the basics. It’s not the greatest Ashley Simpson/ lip syncing performers list.

• External Content twitter.com

"most respected"

literally one of the most talented female singers to walk this earth

rollingstones is just woke trash, prob thought she was too white

It recognized Lee JIeun's influence of suppressing and defusing the KPop bomb, so your argument is correct.

• Well deserved. I love both of their voices so much.

Good singers don’t necessarily refer to people who can scream their lungs out the loudest. Sometimes emotive singers like Jungkook and IU can touch hearts in a much gentler way.

• My favorite vocal performance from JK, strangely, is not when he belts ala his Falling cover or his For Youth performance. It’s in this bare, unstripped moments like this he excels the most. That billion dollar voice can bring him anywhere.

• This thread contains 64 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!