Koreans obsession over Newjeans youthfulness and innocence is weird

• I saw this article on the akp news side and i couldn't help it but feel creeped out by it, like every word on it made me uncomfortable, the emphasize on Newjeans youthfulness and innocence is so wierd :pepenomad:

K-pop fans notice the adorable things NewJeans members do that show they are still innocent kids
    NewJeans is quickly rising as the most popular rookie girl group in Korea, and their popularity is spreading further with their latest song,…
    www.allkpop.com

Also to remember that how is the

same group that sang cookie :exit-pepe:

Anyways what do you guys feel about this ?

• Korea loves "innocent" and "youthful" girls. I remember watching the first season of Singles Inferno and some guy contestant talking abt how he liked one of the girl contestant because "her skin is white and she has an innocent and pure/youthful vibe". Weirds me out every time I see it. Why r u as a grown man actively seeking out girls who have innocent, youthful, or pure "vibes" to them?

• i think anyone that uses words like pure and innocent under any context should be publicly executed immediately for pedophilia lol

• I mean isn’t that article just showing how they are just normal teens though. People tend to forget that cause they are in a kpop group. I don’t really see that article as obsessing over their youth..

I hate to be that guy but this seems like a ok idea yeesh delivery kinda case.

Continued: like Bpsosoro said, I think they meant to showcase that newjeans members are still teens and do things like normal teens do

As for using words repeatedly like that I interpreted that as just bad usage of repetition (one of the literary devices to hold a reader's attention throughout an essay or smth).

• NewJeans biggest selling point is youthful nostalgia. Most of their fanbase are girls and young women in their 20s reminiscing on days gone by and opportunities never had. People see their younger selves in the NewJeans girls. There was one award show they performed at where the audience got excited and literally waved at them like little kids

AVvXsEjyAR08tzJfS13o_9otFlovySR8aKKNXtpCHpsc3gtzhp35cQt5htiFeVIh2LD_qgvFkSK9dJN17YRoA1583CdhBPB14ZlFefAFupKYt8Ri9aJr-4ZBiXaR_JbnH3r5cSwjYUvXoyv6hhzLZt1MjAMAhrtkj2frfEhh4TnXEqxggFwKahA61nZ7CJ24=s16000

This is what makes them different from other innocent groups where the underlying selling point was a lot more predatory or other teen idols forced to act well above their age. They're just normal, endearing teens

BLACKPINKJESSICALE SSERAFIMNEWJEANSTHE ROSESEJEONGTWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv 9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv 9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• NewJeans biggest selling point is youthful nostalgia. Most of their fanbase are girls and young women in their 20s reminiscing on days gone by and opportunities never had. People see their younger selves in the NewJeans girls. There was one award show they performed at where the audience got excited and literally waved at them like little kids

I couldn't have said that better myself. Everyone was young at some point. A reminder of that is a really good thing. Their MV also has a VERY long reach because it's about loneliness and we live in a very lonely world right now. I just moved to a new state, have no friends, and I'm terrible at making them. So apart from my Mother and Sister who I have nothing really in common with and generally hate everything that makes me happy, I have no one. K-pop is my happy place. A song that reminds not only me but others than we're all dealing with these emotions is comforting. The problem that arises is when that youthfulness and innocents is sexualized which I haven't seen with NewJeans.

• I just moved to a new state, have no friends, and I'm terrible at making them. So apart from my Mother and Sister who I have nothing really in common with and generally hate everything that makes me happy, I have no one. K-pop is my happy place. A

Honestly same, I moved a few years ago and I'm still having a hard time adjusting and pushing myself out there :pepe-sad:

259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv 9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv 9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• What’s gross is that they’re praising them for being childlike, while simultaneously having them sing about boys tasting their “cookies”. It’s disgusting and perverted, and the main reason why I’ll never stan NJ, or groups like NJ

AVvXsEjyAR08tzJfS13o_9otFlovySR8aKKNXtpCHpsc3gtzhp35cQt5htiFeVIh2LD_qgvFkSK9dJN17YRoA1583CdhBPB14ZlFefAFupKYt8Ri9aJr-4ZBiXaR_JbnH3r5cSwjYUvXoyv6hhzLZt1MjAMAhrtkj2frfEhh4TnXEqxggFwKahA61nZ7CJ24=s16000

This is what makes them different from other innocent groups where the underlying selling point was a lot more predatory or other teen idols forced to act well above their age. They're just normal, endearing teens

Yeah i can get on bored with this idea i think as long as they remain far away from songs like Cookie

• Yeah i can get on bored with this idea i think as long as they remain far away from songs like Cookie

I simply do not acknowledge that song because there's honestly no defending it.

• i think anyone that uses words like pure and innocent under any context should be publicly executed immediately for pedophilia lol

I know you’re joking but I really wish people would not spread misinformation re the real definition of the term.

Pedophiles are people who are sexually attracted to prepubescent and pre-teens (usually younger than 13 years old). When I worked on this issue, the youngest victim we rescued was a 3 year old baby. Contrary to what ppl believe, some pedophiles NEVER act on their attraction and seek regular therapy so that they don’t do any harm.

Then there are adults (men and women) who are sexually attracted to teens and underaged youth (13-17 years), unfortunately there’s no specific word for this group. We use the term child sex offender only after they have acted or committed a crime.

Sexualization of children and teens in Asia is a topic that society isn’t openly dealing with and it’s even worst when it becomes commercial sexual exploitation.

• oh that's wasn't my intention. i was just trying to point out that maybe we should take it a bit slow and investigate first when it comes to labeling people something that they may or may not be because of something they said by taking the witch hunt mentality logic to it's comical, logical extreme and showing how silly but dangerous it can be

• Tbh it doesn’t have to be something weird or sexual or whatever.

the whole y2k aesthetics appeals to the childhood memories of millennials and their young age also makes them appeal to the genz and younger audience.

And lasted I checked new jeans has a predominantly female audience base which means yes it’s just women reliving their teenage/00’s era and current teens who enjoy them.

I don’t think it’s necessary to make everything seem like it’s some huge ick.

IMO it’s the cute concepts that infantalized even grown women that gives me the ick far more then new jeans.

• oh that's wasn't my intention. i was just trying to point out that maybe we should take it a bit slow and investigate first when it comes to labeling people something that they may or may not be because of something they said by taking the witch hunt mentality logic to it's comical, logical extreme and showing how silly but dangerous it can be

I agree with you actually. I just wanted to highlight the actually definition because I agree ppl careless toss the term without understanding what it means.

Most of the ppl involved in sexually abusing children and teens aren’t actually pedophiles. From my 10 years working on these cases, it’s usually a family member or someone known to the child/teen that starts with a commercial motive to sell photos and videos etc.

• I agree with you actually. I just wanted to highlight the actually definition because I agree ppl careless toss the term without understanding what it means.

Most of the ppl involved in sexually abusing children and teens aren’t actually pedophiles. From my 10 years working on these cases, it’s usually a family member or someone known to the child/teen that starts with a commercial motive to sell photos and videos etc.

well, thanks for informing me. that's good to remember. and i have nothing but respect for your work regarding this issue. hearing that really is a damn tragedy

• well, thanks for informing me. that's good to remember. and i have nothing but respect for your work regarding this issue. hearing that really is a damn tragedy

Thanks for learning! Unfortunately, I had to retire from that work because it was impacting my own health; the trauma from especially when you can’t help all the victims or worst when the perpetrators gets off due to their wealth. I don’t regret my decade there and I still do what I can to raise awareness.

• Then there are adults (men and women) who are sexually attracted to teens and underaged youth (13-17 years), unfortunately there’s no specific word for this group. We use the term child sex offender only after they have acted or committed a crime.

Ephebophilia?

• Thanks for learning! Unfortunately, I had to retire from that work because it was impacting my own health; the trauma from especially when you can’t help all the victims or worst when the perpetrators gets off due to their wealth. I don’t regret my decade there and I still do what I can to raise awareness.

i can only imagine. you should be proud. a decade of helping young people ain't no joke

• Are you a MAPS advocate? Because that is gross.

NJ have a lot to overcome to get popular in the US. Most of the GP hate others trying to normalize pedophilia and with the underage concept singing about sharing their “ cookies” and a gas lighting apologist CEO, they will have a lot on controversy and backlash in the US. Balenciaga has learned this the hard way.

Actually NJ’s age is what makes is predatory to exploit them with a Lolita concept and singing mainly about sex and love. I don’t know about you but as a teen most of the people my age that I knew weren’t obsessed with sex or love. School, family, friends, and college mattered a lot more.

• Are you a MAPS advocate? Because that is gross.

NJ have a lot to overcome to get popular in the US. Most of the GP hate others trying to normalize pedophilia and with the underage concept singing about sharing their “ cookies” and a gas lighting apologist CEO, they will have a lot on controversy and backlash in the US. Balenciaga has learned this the hard way.

I don’t know enough re MAPS advocacy to decide if I support or not. My post was just to share information that the dangers of sexual abuse for children just don’t come from pedophiles only. So many children were sexually abused by their parents, relatives, and family friends and they all were NOT pedophiles. Sexualization of children and teens is a global problem and there are multiple bad people involved.

If you think that I support any child being sexually abused or defending pedophilia — that everything I have written, I don’t know what else to say. I also want NJ to be safe and not be faced with sexualization

• This thread contains 22 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!