Predictions for GAON physical Top 5 each quarter of 2021?

• BTS will be there somewhere when they comeback

BP will be there somewhere if they comeback

Twice will be there somewhere when they comeback

Izone might be a surprise give that they just announced their disbandment

• I'm not 100% sure on how Gaon works. Is it only sales specifically of that Quarter or is it albums released in that quarter but counts the sales for the whole year?

Also would BE Standard Edition count?

"Asked them how you like it and it's lookin' like they hate that"

• BTS, NCT, BP, and Seventeen should all win one if they come back in different quarters

If none of those groups come back between March - May (unlikely), Baekhyun might win Q2

If those 4 groups also end up overlapping Twice could win a quarter

• I would love for Twice to win one but its not likely imo, BP should get one if they dont cb the same Q as BTS again - lol izone may suprise us I guess

the bolded part is true for any group lol

at this point all seven boys can go for enlistment and I'm pretty sure bt21 or tinytans will win gaon...

Twice had a tough year last year but they always do well so its hard to count them out

Izone is really the dark horse and if they have a fantastic "disbandment song" like downpour for ioi then I'm sure they can ruffle some feathers

• I'm not 100% sure on how Gaon works. Is it only sales specifically of that Quarter or is it albums released in that quarter but counts the sales for the whole year?

Also would BE Standard Edition count?

I think its like the digital ones where the around first 6 weeks or something count.

Also BE essential & deluxe are combinded on gaon as they are the same album (BE just got its 3M certification which shows that it was combined).

• I would love for Twice to win one but its not likely imo, BP should get one if they dont cb the same Q as BTS again - lol izone may suprise us I guess

Both of you mention IZ*ONE...

I actually think they are winning Q1.

They released an album in December 2020 so its counted for Q1 and it sold more than 400k and there were no big sellers in jan or feb, second highest was probably treasure with just under 300k.

IZ*ONE is likely and if they do than they will become the first girl group since 2013 to win a physical GAON award and first girl group since Girl's Generation to win a physical gaon award

• Both of you mention IZ*ONE...

I actually think they are winning Q1.

They released an album in December 2020 so its counted for Q1 and it sold more than 400k and there were no big sellers in jan or feb, second highest was probably treasure with just under 300k.

interesting...that is true...

come to think about it...

• i am expecting bts to release an album in may so Q2 probably,

Q3 to seventeen/nct/bp if they release albums

Q4 - hopefully bts cause I really want two albums from them.

Stop being greedy lol

Bts will only release 1 album next year probably in july/Aug & Jesus isn't may too early since Be was literally late November? ?

& then another album 6 months later?!

Y'all don't care about the music & it shows lol

• I think its like the digital ones where the around first 6 weeks or something count.

Also BE essential & deluxe are combinded on gaon as they are the same album (BE just got its 3M certification which shows that it was combined).

In that case,

Q1 - IZ*ONE, Treasure, Kim Ho-joong, Shinee or G-Idle with IZ*ONE winning

Q2 (based on confirmed comebacks) - Rosé, Baekhyun, Ateez so far with Baekhyun winning

Q2 onwards could go multiple ways based on if or when BTS, NCT, Seventeen and possibly BLACKPINK make comebacks

"Asked them how you like it and it's lookin' like they hate that"

• Stop being greedy lol

Bts will only release 1 album next year probably in july/Aug & Jesus isn't may too early since Be was literally late November? ?

& then another album 6 months later?!

Y'all don't care about the music & it shows lol

Ironic to see you say this. Armys wanting more music makes them bad now? :clown:

Also why tf are you always in BTS' business, your fave is debuting in less than 24 hours , for once focus on her rather than on Armys and BTS.

• I feel we could be on BTS comeback watch after the Grammys. Would also hope JJK1, KTH1 and Hope 2 are possibilities as well this year

How I predict it to go, as per the leak which said that we might get a BTS comeback in the 2nd quarter.

A mixtape in late April after the Japanese OST release in early April. Followed by an online concert in May. Maybe a single in June and a full album in July/August. The remaining 2 mixtapes in the 3rd and 4th quarter with another online concert.

• Think bts will release full album around June/July

A major single in May followed by the album.

A major collab in October.

Possible multiple mixtapes through the year.

i.e you faves are not safe

:pepe-toast:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!