4th Generation Boy Groups: Korean Digitals' Analysis

• Hello!

Today, I took a few hours to dedicate to analyzing the state of 4th generation boy group digitals by taking 10 prominent

rookie/new generation boy groups and calculating averages across

• Melon ULs
    • Melon streams
    • Genie unique listeners (across title tracks)
    • Gaon digital points (if applicable)
    • cumulative streams on Genie for Korean albums (single, mini, and full)

I also added in their Melon followers.

Below in the spoiler is my methodology:

With that in mind, here is the ranking of all 10 groups based on digital proficiency.

1. TXT - 99172

2. AB6IX - 80331

3. The Boyz - 25728

4. Enhypen - 23869

5. Cravity - 22353

6. CIX - 13075

7. Stray Kids - 11456

8. Treasure - 8807

9. Oneus - 7883

10. ATEEZ - 5386

Here is the breakdown on a Google Sheet document:

Is he.....you know?
    Tumblr

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Edited 3 times, last by MassiveKpopFan ().

• Treasure is stronger then Enhypen so...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 1. Why did you take Genie ULs & streams into consideration but not Melon ULs & streams?

2. Why did you take Melon likes & followers into consideration but not the same for Genie?

3. Why did you decide to divide by 1000?

Its because it shows a different picture

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 1. Why did you take Genie ULs & streams into consideration but not Melon ULs & streams?

2. Why did you take Melon likes & followers into consideration but not the same for Genie?

3. Why did you decide to divide by 1000?

1. I knew this would be asked, but I can't find Melon info for 6/10 of these groups, since I don't have the app and no chart accounts track these stats actively besides a TXT one I follow on Twitter.

2. I never thought of taking Genie likes into consideration but that would take another couple of hours.

Genie doesn't really have followers, they have profile likes.

3. I'd rather have a standard divisor for all values than change it to get all final values to a 2- or 3- digit addend.

Is he.....you know?
    Tumblr

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Treasure is stronger then Enhypen so irrelevant list.

Its because it shows a different picture

I didn't do this list to invalidate Treasure at all; I don't follow YG chart accounts, so finding info about Treasure isn't that easy.

I still can't find info for CIX, Oneus, AB6IX, Stray Kids, or ATEEZ.

So I can't include Melon ULs or streams unless I have data for all 10 groups.

Is he.....you know?
    Tumblr

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I just checked your methodology and it seems fair (at first I was confused about why you included the number of followers on Melon, as the other 4 values revolve only around the tracks, so I thought it's only about how good they're doing music wise)

Yeah, I didn't want to weigh Genie or Melon too heavily on either side.

Melon followers I could get rid of only if I can find Melon data for the tracks.

Is he.....you know?
    Tumblr

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!