Dispatch article on Loona Chuu

• took me a while but found the bingo:

Director D: Think carefully as I said. never hurt yourself Don't ever write a contract. Distrust about it has been dispelled.

Director D: But take the message. I made an appointment at 5:5. Well then... 7:3 and 5:5.

Director D: Let's just look at arithmetic. Watch Chu is 5:5. ratio.

Director D : Did you go to elementary school? haha. Didn't it come out?

Chuu: Are you saying that? I'm thinking.

Director D: I'm really kidding. i'm really sad

Chuu: I don't think it's a joke.

Dispatch: Did the conversation today affect Chuu's attitude?

Chuu: Director D treated me like a child. Do you feel like ignoring people? I was hurt in a state of distrust. You have to speak strongly for them to listen... So there was a time when I spoke loudly. I made a mistake because I was a person who couldn't help it.

The conflict between Blockberry and Chew was much more complicated than the public knew. It cannot be driven by the unilateral fault of either side. It was a collaboration of settlement and distrust, incompetence and rudeness.

Excuse the google translate but it clearly shows what is going on.

They gaslighted her hard. And this is a director in the company. The only one that was pretty much talking to her.

• 블록베리, 꼼수의 부메랑

2017년 12월 4일. 츄가 블록베리와 전속계약을 체결했다.

제7조 (수익의 분배 등)

1.갑(블록베리)과 을(츄)은 모든 연예 활동에서 발생하는 수입금을 갑(70), 을(30) 비율로 우선 배분.

2.그 후 을의 모든 연예활동에 소요되는 비용을 갑(50), 을(50) 비율로 정산.

분명, 문제가 있는 계약이다. 수익 정산 비율과 비용 처리 비율이 다르다. 한 마디로, 수익은 7:3으로 나누고 비용은 5:5로 터는 식이다. 원칙대로라면 비용도 7:3으로 나눠야 한다.

게다가 블록베리는 후정산 시스템을 택했다. 수익을 먼저 나누고, 그 후에 비용을 빼는 방식. 이것은, '꼼수'에 가깝다. 블록베리가 부담해야 할 비용 20%를 츄에게 넘긴 꼴이다.

블록베리는 '이달소' 런칭을 위해 막대한 돈을 쏟아부었다. 그만큼 리스크가 큰 프로젝트였다. 회사 입장에선 (일단) 버티는 게 중요했다. 이에 비용 처리 방식(7:3->5:5)을 변칙적으로 바꾸었다.

그러나 이런 꼼수 계약은, 결국 부메랑이 됐다. 해지 소송의 빌미로 돌아왔다.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Dispatch lie smfh but even they are on your side it must mean smth, bbc is just not smart

Loona whole debut with multiple solos and all that investment coming out of nowhere was a huge red flag, I said that long ago bc where tf they even getting money to do all that

• In December 2017 , Chu (Kim Ji-woo) wrote a handwritten letter. The recipient is 'Blockberry' Director B.

"Hello! Director B. Loona's 10th member, Chuu, made my debut today, December 28th! Thank you so much. I'm so happy to be able to debut with such a good opportunity, and I don't think I can feel it yet."

Chuu put PS at the end of the letter.

"Do you remember that day in 2016? I was very immature and lacking, but I worked hard (omitted)... Looking at this, it seems that people really don't know what to do. ."

As Chuu said, people 'really' don't know what's ahead. In June 2022, Chu sent a KakaoTalk message to Director B.

View original image0000089071_002_20221219110001684.jpg?type=w540

Chuu: With something like this hahahaha what are you talking about with one second?

Chuu: Shall we not have affection?

Chuu: I'm missing this album

Chuu: I'm not really kidding.

Chuu: Don't even dream of participating in an appearance similar to Queendom in the future.

Chuu: I don't think that people will reflect on their mistakes.

Chuu: Before spoilers, don't you know what other groups do in our group fansigns or broadcasts?

Chuu: Are you not replying?

Chuu: Manager

Chuu: Answer.

Chuu: Answer.

Chuu: When I die, do you really want to come to your senses if you write down everything you've been through and die?

Director B: I'll check the situation.

Chuu: Didn't the manager send it?

Manager B: Yes. I didn't send it.

View original image0000089071_003_20221219110001724.jpg?type=w540

Chuu: Be careful. Really. This is the last warning

Chuu: Tell CEO A as it is.

Director B: I'll warn the internal staff one more time.

Chuu: You're really boring.

Chuu: Let me know who sent it.

Chuu: That text hahahahaha It's not even funny.

Director B: Looking at this, it seems that CEO A told her mother.

Director B: Jiu-yang I will warn the internal staff once again so that they do not get stressed over this.

Director B: I'm sorry for making you feel uncomfortable. I apologize instead.

Chuu: Please forward my KakaoTalk as it is. Before I drop out of this album

Manager B: Yes. I'll pass it on.

Chuu: You have a lot of trouble working with A.

Manager B: No words. Take care of your meals and cheer up.

View original image0000089071_004_20221219110001776.jpg?type=w540

(This is an explanation of the situation at the time. Chuu showed off the choreography of a new song in a live broadcast. CEO A texted Chuu’s mother, “The point choreography shouldn’t be known yet, what should I do?”. The mother exchanged text messages with CEO A. was captured and delivered to Chuu. Chuu questioned the head of the company, saying, "Who sent this text?" It happened on June 9, 2022.)

In December 2017, Chuu was definitely a warm girl. But five years later, she spat out harsh words toward the head of the company. In the meantime, what happened? She traced the conflict between Chew and Block Berry.

View original image0000089071_005_20221219110001806.jpg?type=w540

◆ From the beginning, it was wrong

Chuu wrote in his album handwritten letter (2017) sent to Director B, "I'm so happy to be able to debut with such a good opportunity."

In fact, a good chance to debut is right. 'Loona' is a project that introduces a new girl (member) every month. It took about two years to gather 12 full members.

Chuu is a beneficiary of the 'Lee Dalso' system. His trainee period was only about 3 months. He joined the agency in September 2017, and joined the group as the 10th member in December.

During the 542 days of their full group debut, Blockberry released 12 individual albums and 3 unit albums, totaling 15 albums. They also shot music videos for each. About 6 billion won was poured into it.

Chuu was able to quickly seize the chance to debut (thanks to that). Conversely, the company (because of that) ran out of bank account balances in a short time. This was the beginning of the tragedy.

• Blockberry, the boomerang of tricks

December 4, 2017. Chew has signed an exclusive contract with Blockberry.

Article 7 (Distribution of Profits, etc.)

1. A (Blockberry) and B (Chu) first distribute the income generated from all entertainment activities in the ratio of A (70) to B (30).

2. After that, the expenses required for all entertainment activities of B are settled in the ratio of A (50) and B (50).

Clearly, this is a problematic contract. The revenue settlement ratio and the expense settlement ratio are different. In other words, revenue is split 7:3 and costs are split 5:5 . As a rule, the cost should also be divided 7:3.

Moreover, Blockberry chose the post-settlement system. Divide the revenue first, then subtract the cost. This is more of a 'trick' . It is like passing 20% of the cost that Blockberry should have borne to Chew.

Blockberry poured a huge amount of money to launch 'Lee Dal-so'. It was such a risky project. From the company's point of view (for now), it was important to endure. Accordingly, the cost processing method (7:3 -> 5:5) was changed irregularly.

However, this trick contract eventually became a boomerang. It came back as an excuse for a termination lawsuit.

View original image0000089071_007_20221219110001883.jpg?type=w540

◆ A and B are reversed

In January 2022, Chuu's time began. An application for a provisional disposition to suspend the validity of the exclusive contract was filed. And in March, the court sided with Chu. This is a stepping stone for readers.

The upper hand has been changed. The urgent thing is Blockberry. Already, more than 15 billion won has been poured into 'Lee Dal-so'. In order to maintain the team, they had no choice but to hold on to Chuu. The company proposed an ancillary agreement.

How did the positions of Blockberry (A) and Chu (B) change? 'Dispatch' obtained the <separate contract> written in April. This supplementary agreement takes precedence over the exclusive contract .

First of all, the settlement ratio (3:7) has changed. Blockberry will get 30% of the profits and Chew will get 70%. Blockberry will bear 50% of the costs if costs exceed revenues.

A claim for damages was also made possible. In the event of damage to either side, the injured party may demand 50 million won. It also included a provision that the contract could be terminated immediately.

View original image0000089071_008_20221219110001919.jpg?type=w540

◆ Chuu, the right to not be active

Chuu also took the right not to participate in 'Lee Dalso' activities. “In order to guarantee Chuu’s personal schedule, he has the right not to attend the following schedule during ‘Lee Dal-so’ activities.”

The 'schedule below' specified in the contract is as follows.

go. Right to not attend schedules within 3 times a month for 'Lee Dalso' full group activities

me. Right to not attend within 3 album activities of 'Lee Dalso'

Chuu continued, "For schedules that have not been discussed, 'B''s schedule will take precedence" and added, "If 'A' needs to change the schedule inevitably, he can request a change only once."

Lastly, Blockberry decided to transfer all duties related to Chew. They stamped Chuu's demand to "immediately transfer all outside proposals, such as broadcasting and advertisements, free of charge."

The validity period of the separate agreement is December 31, 2022.

View original image0000089071_009_20221219110001967.jpg?type=w540

• ◆ Activated a separate contract.

Article 5 of the separate contract (other matters), paragraph 2.

“If you cause damage to the other party, you can compensate the other party for damages by 50 million won per case and terminate the contract immediately.”

May 25, 2022. The day after the 'Flip That' music video was filmed. Chuu's mother triggered Article 5, Paragraph 2 of the separate contract.

"It is specified in Article 5, Paragraph 2 of the separate agreement. Despite several prior schedule discussions and requests for documents and text messages , it has already been May 25, and your company has unilaterally violated the contract, so please process compensation." (mother text)

Chuu's mother notified representative A, "Compensate 50 million won." why is he angry You can find a hint in "It's already been 25 days". The claim that the delay in filming the music video was at fault.

First, a one-line summary.

① On May 24th, at 9:00 am, we started filming the music video for 'Flip That'.

② The filming was delayed, and the military commander (#16) scheduled for 11:00 PM was also delayed.

Blockberry asked for your understanding for about an hour (delay).

④ Chuu's mother charged 50 million won for the filming delay.

Chuu was scheduled to shoot a personal commercial the next day, the 25th. According to her mother, her personal schedule was disrupted by a delay in filming the music video . He immediately demanded damages from Blockberry.

View original image0000089071_010_20221219110002000.jpg?type=w540

◆ What happened at the music video site

At 12:27 in the morning of May 25, a member of 'Lee Dal-so' called CEO A.

Member: CEO, this is C. Can I talk for a minute?

Representative A: Oh, it's C.

Member: That's why Jiwoo is leaving now. It was a group dance, but they suddenly deleted it, so... 12 people guessed it, but 11 people did it. We've heard it all of a sudden. We are in a position to follow this, but we called because it didn't make sense.

Representative A: Can you confirm how much is left in the entire schedule?

Member: We don't know that... Can I speak to you through your manager?

Representative A: Yes.

View original image0000089071_011_20221219110002039.jpg?type=w540

At 12:35 am on May 25th, CEO A called Chuu's mother.

Representative A: You are waiting to take your child to the site. It seems that the military service is not over now. Mother, I'm so sorry, but it's going to be delayed for about an hour, so I called to see if you could wait.

CEO A: Even Ji-woo will be in a difficult position right now. It's a situation where 12 people have to dance together, but that's before filming. (Jiwoo) He said he was leaving suddenly... Hello?

Chu's mother: I'm listening.

Representative A: Mother must have had a hard time traveling a long way, but just a little bit

Chu's mother: Anyway, I get it.

Representative A: Oh, then could you wait a little bit? I think it's a very difficult situation if you fall out of military service like that now.

Chu's mother: Anyway, I understand. Okay.

View original image0000089071_012_20221219110002072.jpg?type=w540

• ◆ 'Group dance' exchanged for 50 million won

As soon as Chuu's mother hung up the phone, she texted CEO A. Delaying filming is a breach of contract. In accordance with Article 5, Paragraph 2 of the separate agreement, a claim for damages was announced.

Chu's mother: I'll wait, but I'll charge you for breach of contract. It is a provision that you have put in, so please be sure to observe it.

Representative A: If you are in a situation where you are claiming for a breach of contract anyway, then we will end it by being with you until the last filming.

Representative A: As soon as you confirm that it is okay, I will instruct the management. Please comment. The members are also waiting, so please respond quickly.

View original image0000089071_013_20221219110002108.jpg?type=w540

Representative A called Chuu's mother again.

Chu's mother: Hello.

Representative A: Do you have a call?

Chu's mother: I don't want to talk on the phone right now. What did you write to me now? I'll charge you anyway, so I'll finish it to the end? On our advertising schedule tomorrow... Hang up because I don't want to talk right now

Chuu's mother hung up the phone first. Representative A's job is to apologize again. He immediately sent an apology via KakaoTalk.

Representative A: It is not that there was no consideration for Ji-woo's situation. Please understand that the problem was caused by delays on site. We also regret that the time was exceeded. Also, we are very sorry for the situation that may put a strain on Jiwoo's schedule on the 25th.

Chu's mother: Then you can't text like that.

Representative A: Nevertheless, I would like you to consider it again and change the direction to filming scene 19 together if possible.

Filming resumed under the condition that Blockberry pay 50 million won. Fortunately, I was able to film the group dance scene (#16). Chuu returned home around 3:00 in the morning. However, the number 19 requested by CEO A was blown away. The set fee was also blown away.

View original image0000089071_014_20221219110002139.jpg?type=w540

◆ Is it Chuu's power abuse?

Chuu left 'Idalso'. No, she was kicked out. The superficial reason is Chuu's bad temper. Blockberry used the KakaoTalk conversation (2021.08-2022.07) between Chuu and the staff as its basis.

For example... December 28, 2021.

Director B: Jiwoo. I received a report from the management team that I was not participating in the album activities of 'Lee Dal-so'. Is this correct?

Chuu: Are you participating?

Chuu: I've never been on a broadcast schedule before ^^ There's not a single schedule I didn't do after I said I'd stop broadcasting.

Chuu: Don't lie. There is nothing that you have not done, you do not have the ability to catch (broadcast), and there is no justification that cannot be removed from the scheduled schedule, so please do not insult others.

Chuu: Really, all you guys know how to do is lie. Tsk. Have a good rest~

From the point of view of Director B, Chuu's words are harsh. But Chew has already lost her trust in her company. He defines the company as an incompetent group. Besides, he has a strong perception that he is a 'liar'.

View original image0000089071_015_20221219110002174.jpg?type=w540

• ◆ Is it Blockberry's incompetence?

December 30, 2021.

Chuu: Manager? My mother asked for my seal.

Chuu: Will the company not give me my stamp?

Chuu: Are you ignoring my mother?

Chuu: They don't give me money~ They don't give me stamps~ They don't give me documents for the settlement basis~

Chuu: Blockberry is the best~

Director B: I have never ignored my mother. We will reply after confirming the painting part.

Chuu: You said you would give it to me, but it looks like you won't give it to me. Ohh

It is true that Chuu's distrust started with 'money'. It can be guessed from the words "They don't give you money~ They don't even give you history documents~". For reference, Mr. B is a person who participated in the entire cast of Chuu in 2017.

View original image0000089071_016_20221219110002231.jpg?type=w540

◆ Is it Chuu's unplay?

Chew Verge. It is a compound word of 'Chu + father'. It means Chuu earns money to feed 'Lee Dal-so'. However, this is a misunderstood fact. 'Lee Dalso' is a personal settlement system. Chuu's money belongs to Chuu, and the member's money belongs to the member.

On October 5, 2021, this is a text message between Chuu and CEO A.

Chuu: CEO, am I paying off the group debt right now? isn't it?

Representative A: Of course not.

According to Blockberry's settlement data, 'Lee Dal-so' earned 18.2 billion won from 2016 to October 2022 and spent 16.9 billion won (including direct costs). Sales were 18.2 billion won and expenses were 16.9 billion won.

Calculated by their strange settlement method, the share of 'Lee Dal-so' (30%) is 5.4 billion won. If you subtract the cost (50%) of 8.4 billion won, -3 billion won. Dividing this by 12 people, each person has about 200 million won in debt.

However, Chuu's situation is different (from the other members). In December of last year, she turned to a '+' settlement. In fact, in January of this year, she received her first settlement of 70 million won. Her settlement amount she has received so far is approximately 220 million won .

In addition, Chuu established 'Chew' in April last year. After the court's provisional injunction, it took an independent step. He has 100% of the money he earned from his personal activities since April. Blockberry only supports the 'Idalso' schedule.

View original image0000089071_017_20221219110002291.png?type=w540

◆ Blockberry provided an excuse

'Dispatch' has secured transcripts and conversations between Chuu and CEO A, Chuu and Chief B, Chuu's mother and CEO A, and Chuu's mother and Director B. Through their text messages and phone calls, I was able to comprehensively grasp what had happened over the past year.

Blockberry took on a project that they couldn't afford. The money they poured in for 5 years was about 17 billion won. He released 24 albums and shot 44 music videos. It is also unusual for 12 members to make individual singles and music videos.

Chuu is the beneficiary of this reckless attempt. Thanks to her, she was able to join the group after three months as a trainee. Besides, Block Berry has raised Chew to be her strategic member. She is also right that she gave him more opportunities. (Of course, she is also true that Chu did well.)

However, Blockberry is not within the range of understanding. The primary cause of this conflict is a trick in cost management. If Blockberry handled the expenses according to the standard contract, the issue of contract termination would not have arisen.

"It would have been difficult to maintain the company if the cost was not 5:5. At the time, I thought it was a way to save the company and the group. So I explained it to the members and they all agreed." (Blockberry)

View original image0000089071_018_20221219110002413.png?type=w540

• Chuu took the lead again

Blockberry provided the excuse. Chew attacked their weakness. He took the lead (7:3) by writing a separate contract. Blockberry has degenerated into the one who pays attention, and Chuu stands tall as the one who makes decisions.

At least this year, Chuu was a greater individual than the team. He chose to participate, and decided the time. The conversations between the two sides prove this. Blockberry was in a position to follow Chew's orders.

In the end, Blockberry lost money first. judged to be unreasonable any more. In hindsight, Chuu induced a loss. You can get a glimpse of the dissatisfaction with Blockberry. The KakaoTalk conversation proves this.

'Dispatch' had to meet Chuu. He turned around, no he had to hear why he couldn't go back. And last week, it was difficult to get in touch with Chuu officials. He pointed out the settlement problem first.

“At that time, I did not even know what Mt. I signed with the joy of being able to debut. I didn’t even know that I couldn’t get a proper settlement in this (post-settlement) structure.” (Chu)

View original image0000089071_019_20221219110002464.jpg?type=w540

◆ Anyway, conflict has a fixed ending

'Dispatch' sent a questionnaire a week in advance. Chuu shared her position through her official. She organized it in a question-and-answer manner.

Dispatch: Didn't you know there was a problem with the contract?

Chuu: Last year (2021), a member asked, "Isn't it time to get paid?" That's when I realized there was a problem. I heard the explanation at the time of the contract. However, Hu Jeong-san did not understand the system accurately. I didn't even have time to look closely...

Dispatch: So did you proceed with the contract termination lawsuit?

Chuu: I did the math. If expenses accounted for more than 70% of sales, the final settlement was 'minus'. It was a structure that the more I worked, the more the debt increased. It's definitely a 7:3 contract, but it could be 9:1 or 10:0. It's late, but I wanted to make it right.

(For example, let's say sales are 100,000 won and costs are 70,000 won. Company:Chu = 70,000 won:30,000 won. Subtract 35,000 won from each cost (5:5). The company's final profit is 3 5,000 won. Chuu's settlement is -5,000 won. Chuu pointed out this problem and moved on.)

Dispatch: Chuu's settlement turned to 'plus' in January 2022. You received more than 200 million won this year alone?

Chu: That's right. It is a personal settlement system. I was able to receive the settlement first because I had a lot of personal activities. However, I don't know if the cost processing was done properly. I did not properly receive the settlement basis data.

Dispatch: Blockberry refuted that it had been commissioned and audited by an external tax firm. Are you claiming that there is no problem with cost processing?

Chuu: I have never requested an external audit. The company suddenly proceeded. I wouldn't trust him 100% either. The important thing is that the settlement data was not properly received. So, it is true that trust has been lost.

Dispatch: In April 2022, the attached agreement was rewritten. Chuu's rate increased to 70%. Did you lead decision-making?

Chuu: My trust in the company was practically over (last year). I didn't want to do 'Queendom' either. But I didn't want to give up 'Lee Dal-so'. An annexed agreement was written to continue the group's activities.

Dispatch: But didn't you prioritize individual activities over group activities? There was a little commotion at the music video set.

Chuu: The music video filming was delayed, and we received 50 million won in damages. However, I did not charge money in this case. There were several problems with scheduling. That's why I charged it as a kind of warning dimension.

Dispatch: We checked KakaoTalk and email exchanges between the two sides. Blockberry is almost in a position to seek permission.

Chuu: It's true that I asked if I could attend the schedule. However, there were parts that were not conveyed properly.

(Blockberry has denied that part directly. It is the position that all schedules that have been officially inquired to the company have been delivered.)

Dispatch: Besides, Chuu and mother's words are harsh. The company seems to interpret this part as 'gapjil'.

Chuu: Director B was the only (company) person I could communicate with. It wasn't that I was mad at B. They are angry and complaining about the way the company is run. But Director D...

Dispatch: D move?

(Chuu delivered a transcript of the meeting with director D. It was a rate adjustment conversation in November 2021.)

View original image0000089071_020_20221219110002491.jpg?type=w540

Director D: Think carefully as I said. never hurt yourself Don't ever write a contract. Distrust about it has been dispelled.

Director D: But take the message. I made an appointment at 5:5. Well then... 7:3 and 5:5.

Director D: Let's just look at arithmetic. Watch Chu is 5:5. ratio.

Director D : Did you go to elementary school? haha. Didn't it come out?

Chuu: Are you saying that? I'm thinking.

Director D: I'm really kidding. i'm really sad

Chuu: I don't think it's a joke.

Dispatch: Did the conversation today affect Chuu's attitude?

Chuu: Director D treated me like a child. Do you feel like ignoring people? I was hurt in a state of distrust. You have to speak strongly for them to listen... So there was a time when I spoke loudly. I made a mistake because I was a person who couldn't help it.

The conflict between Blockberry and Chew was much more complicated than the public knew. It cannot be driven by the unilateral fault of either side. It was a collaboration of settlement and distrust, incompetence and rudeness.

• Im using computer :cryingr::pepe-joy:

but thank you for translating :pepe-life-support:

The google translate function on Chrome is really useful if you are into fandoms from other languages or you live in a country that uses a language other than your own.

It's obviously not precise, but it's functional.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• This thread contains 64 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!