Triple S' debut song verdict is out; A fan allegedly paid 3k to make it win

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The final vote was between:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This thread contains evidence someone bought 1000 votes at the last second (which cost them $3000)

External Content twitter.com

who's your favorite artist?

• Well, this whole group was created to drain fans.

These are exactly the kind of fans they wanted, which means the girls with the richest fans will hold all the power.

Happy song B won though, lmao. :dancer-pepe:

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

These are exactly the kind of fans they wanted, which means the girls with the richest fans will hold all the power.

Honestly it is working

I hope the gimmicks are dropped once the group picks up and it is financially viable

• the person who paid 3k might be a troll and wants to make sure they get the bad song

• the person who paid 3k might be a troll and wants to make sure they get the bad song

Jokes on them because literally every single snippet sounded so good. I swear they better release all those songs or I'm gonna be so mad.

Song B was good though lmao. I don't know if Korea will like it though.

Sounds like something international fans would like more.

SK seems to only really like GC if it's coming from a big agency. Like none of the songs that have lead to viral hits from smaller groups have been GC songs.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

hopefully people will catch on to this sooner or later. the company is basically tricking average fans into thinking they have a say and buying a few of the nfts to vote while really pandering to the fans who are willing to pay the most. if they wanted it to be "fair" there would be a cap on vote per person. but they just want the money. i can already imagine the company will have people buy nfts to meet the members at fanmeets too.

• Honestly it is working

I hope the gimmicks are dropped once the group picks up and it is financially viable

Yeah, imagine your fan being the one who spent 3k? Like, the entitlement could be bad.

If a fan is spending thousands of dollars making sure you can promote over other girls in units,...that could get weird lol.

• hopefully people will catch on to this sooner or later. the company is basically tricking average fans into thinking they have a say and buying a few of the nfts to vote while really pandering to the fans who are willing to pay the most. if they wanted it to be "fair" there would be a cap on vote per person. but they just want the money. i can already imagine the company will have people buy nfts to meet the members at fanmeets too.

They are just implementing the Japanese system of rotational group, replacing handshakes and albums cover sales with nfts and paid votes.

It's not about fairness it's about maximizing profit and whoever has more fans willing to drop coins will get more lines or more center time.

• Yeah, imagine your fan being the one who spent 3k? Like, the entitlement could be bad.

If a fan is spending thousands of dollars making sure you can promote over other girls in units,...that could get weird lol.

They are copying much of Japanese rotational group system

The memeber whose fans spend the most money will likely have more lines or more center time.

I won't condone this from bigger companies, but in this market small companies gotta do sth to survive.

• this sounds like torture a fan would just want them to release all the songs

Jokes on them because literally every single snippet sounded so good. I swear they better release all those songs or I'm gonna be so mad.

all of the songs will be on the debut album allegedly. this vote was just for title track

the person who paid 3k might be a troll and wants to make sure they get the bad song

objectively song b is more likely to do well with the larger kpop community. it is similar to the style of generation. people are going to want more of that from them. this group will need to make waves asap if they want to stay relevant outside of their like 20k people strong buyer base. since votes were uncapped, the amount of people who paid to vote is unclear, but it was less than 10k people. and first unit only sold 20k.

• I don't understand this tweet

What is votesPerCandidates method response?

External Content twitter.com

A reddit user said

"Song B = 9178 votes
    Song F = 8849 votes"

If that person is right, the right side is the final votes (B, F) at time 1:23 a.m ?ST

How is left side = B and right side = F

• They are copying much of Japanese rotational group system

The memeber whose fans spend the most money will likely have more lines or more center time.

I won't condone this from bigger companies, but in this market small companies gotta do sth to survive.

Yeah, but K-fans are already possessive. I don't know much about Japanese fans and how they work. I get it, but just imagine you are a smaller group, and at a fanmeet, and you meet a fan that's like "I spent 10k on you this year. You are promoting so well because of my money. Kekekeke". Lmao, I'd be weirded the fuck out.

• Oh nvmd they meant left is B,F and right is B,F

But then that means B increased 1200* in 1 minute and F also increased 600 in 1 minute, so what's the difference

Furthermore the message is at 1:22 and 1:23 and I thought the voting closed at a x:00

Edit

• all of the songs will be on the debut album allegedly. this vote was just for title track

objectively song b is more likely to do well with the larger kpop community. it is similar to the style of generation. people are going to want more of that from them. this group will need to make waves asap if they want to stay relevant outside of their like 20k people strong buyer base. since votes were uncapped, the amount of people who paid to vote is unclear, but it was less than 10k people. and first unit only sold 20k.

I feel like it's certainly helped their buzz. These songs have been all over my timeline since voting started. idk how it will shake out to sales (it's always hard to tell with nugus and esp girl groups) but I hope it works out. People have responded well to the snippets.

• They are just implementing the Japanese system of rotational group, replacing handshakes and albums cover sales with nfts and paid votes.

It's not about fairness it's about maximizing profit and whoever has more fans willing to drop coins will get more lines or more center time.

i know that. the average young kpop fan does not. barely any of their fanbase is seriously questioning this whole concept. and im still utterly surprised there hasn't been any outrage at them making fans buy nfts when people were dragging every other kpop company under the sun for even mentioning investing in nfts not even a year ago. no one seems to care about the predatory nature of this group and that is why i feel the need to keep talking about them.

• Just here to drop this bop bc everyone only talks about generation when the bsides are also really good :dancer-pepe:

External Content youtube.com

(Wish i could delete that demonic electronic segment in the bridge tho lol but the rest of the song is good)

• song B has this comment from Korean forums written all over it:

"no, but why the song is so good this time?"

• there is anecdotal evidence that the person who allegedly bought the 1.2k votes revealed themselves. and the point is that multiple people probably contributed to the 600 votes on song F, while allegedly one person made B win when F was winning.

Also, people have different timezones? the discord screenshot is in the timezone of whoever screenshoted it.

• there is anecdotal evidence that the person who allegedly bought the 1.2k votes revealed themselves. and the point is that multiple people probably contributed to the 600 votes on song F, while allegedly one person made B win when F was winning.

Also, people have different timezones? the discord screenshot is in the timezone of whoever screenshoted it.

The timezone doesn't change the minute, that's why I'm confused, the voting closed at X:00 but the messages by people giving the results are at 1:22am and 1:23am. I'm guessing either they were just sending the statistics 20 minutes later or they were only able to get the stats 20 minutes after the end

Ok I saw the anecdotal evidence now

• Just here to drop this bop bc everyone only talks about generation when the bsides are also really good :dancer-pepe:

External Content youtube.com

(Wish i could delete that demonic electronic segment in the bridge tho lol but the rest of the song is good)

The whole album was really so strong. :dancer:

• The timezone doesn't change the minute, that's why I'm confused, the voting closed at X:00 but the messages by people giving the results are at 1:22am and 1:23am. I'm guessing either they were just sending the statistics 20 minutes later or they were only able to get the stats 20 minutes after the end

Ok I saw the anecdotal evidence now

not to be a smart ass but there are some timezones that are different to the minute

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• i know that. the average young kpop fan does not. barely any of their fanbase is seriously questioning this whole concept. and im still utterly surprised there hasn't been any outrage at them making fans buy nfts when people were dragging every other kpop company under the sun for even mentioning investing in nfts not even a year ago. no one seems to care about the predatory nature of this group and that is why i feel the need to keep talking about them.

The reason their fanbase isn't questioning the concept is because they understand the concept. It's all been set up this way since the group was announced apparently.

As for NFTs, I feel the same way about them as I did when anyone else was doing them... do I like them? of course not. is everyone going to magically stop buying them? unfortunately not and if I cancelled call the people I liked that were involved with them I would be losing a lot of people so I will continue to mock people who buy them instead.

• The reason their fanbase isn't questioning the concept is because they understand the concept. It's all been set up this way since the group was announced apparently.

As for NFTs, I feel the same way about them as I did when anyone else was doing them... do I like them? of course not. is everyone going to magically stop buying them? unfortunately not and if I cancelled call the people I liked that were involved with them I would be losing a lot of people so I will continue to mock people who buy them instead.

what i mean by questioning is being critical of it. already shared my thoughts on the concept here

• Song B was good though lmao. I don't know if Korea will like it though.

Sounds like something international fans would like more.

SK seems to only really like GC if it's coming from a big agency. Like none of the songs that have lead to viral hits from smaller groups have been GC songs.

CG and H are the superior tracks i can't believe tha B wong smh :exit-pepe:

• If this group can actually attract a 20k fanbase willing to spend money on them before the album even releases, that's huge. Even if each one of them only buys 3-5 copies of each album, that's 60-100k. That's top 15 in sales for GGs. As long as folks understand the rules, i don't have any problem with the way the song is being rolled out.

As an aside, the whole Parallel Project to extend Izone was funded by only 23k Korean Wizones who contributed a total of 3M USD (over 100 bucks per person) just as a donation to keep Izone alive, not even receiving albums or anything in return. That is the power of a small but extremely loyal fanbase 8|8|

• If this group can actually attract a 20k fanbase willing to spend money on them before the album even releases, that's huge. Even if each one of them only buys 3-5 copies of each album, that's 60-100k. That's top 15 in sales for GGs. As long as folks understand the rules, i don't have any problem with the way the song is being rolled out.

As an aside, the whole Parallel Project to extend Izone was funded by only 23k Korean Wizones who contributed a total of 3M USD (over 100 bucks per person) just as a donation to keep Izone alive, not even receiving albums or anything in return. That is the power of a small but extremely loyal fanbase 8|8|

What happened to all that money when the project failed? :eyes:

• What happened to all that money when the project failed? :eyes:

Probably refunded lol, the dude running the project was an experienced businessman/company exec i think. The donations didnt go to him directly it was held in some third party account, maybe something like a crowdfunding type deal. I remember antis were claiming it was some shady scam to exploit Wizones but none of that happened, no such scandal ever happened to my knowledge.

But i can tell you for a fact that every single Wizone that received their refund would have gladly given it back to have Izone live on ;(. If i were Bezos or Musk, i would have given whatever CJ, Starshit and the others demanded to keep Izone together ;(.

• Song B is a bop and my fave so not mad at that. I find it more interesting that they already have people willing to spend so much on them so maybe they can make it.

I feel like they’ve been very straightforward about their concept but Kpop is full of fans who don’t pay attention to the concept, then complain when the group actually does what it said *cough people crying about new members in NCT cough*

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• If they keep releasing music like this, I genuinely think they have a shot at breaking through. Even if they don’t come from a big company. They give me that special vibe, like the stuff that compelled me to stan my current faves.

:chicken-dance:

i think a lot of what people are liking about them rn will be lost when the remainder 14 members are added and the voting to add members to different subunits starts again. not to be negative, but the fandom is going to be a mess if the discourse over the song voting tells me anything.

• I also think that’s going to be a shitshow, the only way they’d drop said plan as others mentioned is if they manage to get enough support and core fans to dissuade the company from doing so.. but that’s a very long shot.

Buddha, save these girls :hazmat-pepe:

the rich 1% of fans are probably 100% ok with all of this. they get the illusion that they "own" their fav member. people are buying into everything with little push back so unless the company doesnt make any money for too long, they're not going to drop it imo.

but i do hope all the girls stay safe. theres so much potential here being used in what i can only liken to a get rich quick scheme.

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!